Robert Plant Song of the Day

I have been listening to Mighty Rearranger and Raising Sand over and over this week while recovering from foot surgery. I love them so much! Favorites today are All the King's Horses and Your Long Journey from RS. Beautiful beautiful songs.

I love everything Robert has ever done!

I have been listening to Mighty Rearranger and Raising Sand over and over this week while recovering from foot surgery. I love them so much! Favorites today are All the King's Horses and Your Long Journey from RS. Beautiful beautiful songs.

I love everything Robert has ever done!

I hope you mend quickly ! Great songs, I love MR and RS ! I can't wait to see he and Alison on tour !

Listened to "The Greatest Gift" when I left work today :) FoN is pretty much a permanent fixture in my CD player.

FoN has certainly grown on me. Today is I Believe. For some reason my Ipod plays this continously. Could this be Fate?

I'll pick another tomorrow.

That song really speaks to me, It always puts my mind back on track. "Song to the Siren" is another one that I listen to alot. I'm deep into 1980's Robert today !

Song to the Siren is my favorite song right now. I am in love with that song. I said before, I kinda didn't like Dreamland when it first came out. I saw him perform on TV when the album first came out and I was like.... what the hell is this??? I didn't like it at the time. But I've listened to it obsessively over the past couple of weeks.... I just can't believe I didn't like it before. Too young at the time maybe?? Taste change?? no clue, but I'm glad I gave it another listen.

Dreamland is on the CD player right now, I think "Song to the Siren" is a good choice for RP song of the day, followed closely by "Darkness, Darkness".

Song to the Siren is my favorite song off that album. I'm a huge Tim Buckley fan but this version blows his out of the water. Though I do really love This Mortal Coil's version a lot too.

Robert Plant released a new wave / POP album Shaken n Stirred which, I couldn't digest in the 80s. But now I enjoy it quite alot... even the song Too Loud!

Little By Little

Sixes & Sevens

Big Log

29 Palms

Ship of fools

In the mood

Are among my top RP cool/easy listening numbers. I am surely missin many others I think.....

Today is a "Mighty Rearranger" for me, so many great songs to choose from, but I have to go with "Mighty Rearranger" , this is my favorite verse..... “Last night I came upon a stranger

He smiled at me and this is what he said

if you’re troubled send your mind out on vacation

let it wander like the wild geese in the west” (Good Advice, Thanks Robert ! )

Today is a "Mighty Rearranger" for me, so many great songs to choose from, but I have to go with "Mighty Rearranger" , this is my favorite verse..... "Last night I came upon a stranger

He smiled at me and this is what he said

if you're troubled send your mind out on vacation

let it wander like the wild geese in the west" (Good Advice, Thanks Robert ! )

I've been stuck on Manic Nirvana for days now. But after reading that, I'm moving on to Mighty Rearranger. I love that line too! Hell, I love the whole album!

:beer: BIG LOG :thumbsup:

this is so silly, but I used to stare at the record as it went round facinated by the marks the "clap" sounds made on the grooves in the record.

lame, i know.

off topic, but did any one else have the diamond shaped 45 that The Firm put out?

:beer: BIG LOG :thumbsup:

this is so silly, but I used to stare at the record as it went round facinated by the marks the "clap" sounds made on the grooves in the record.

lame, i know.

off topic, but did any one else have the diamond shaped 45 that The Firm put out?

It's a "Big Log" day today....can't get out enough of 80's Robert lately....

Ahhh, Robert in the 80's, be still my heart! In the Mood is my "heart song", love love love love it. Especially thinking about Robert in that red jumpsuit unzipped to his belly button, shaking all that hair and singing "I'm in the moooo-ooo-ooo-ooood"

OK, thanks for that walk down memory lane! :wub:

Archived