YOUR POST COUNT IS STARTING TO WORRY ME

Del Zeppnile

Only three days in and some people are already in the hundreds of posts. Should this be a sign to be concerned about? ... and even with 'flood control'!

... probably not if you have more than five cats or your High School graduation tassel is still hanging from your rear view mirror... 10 years later. :P

Did you end up being the winner on the other forum Chicken?

And what ever happened to Little Miss? A worthy post counter as there ever was one.

I was, but that was after four years, not three days, thank god!

To be honest I'm really revelling in not having a stupid post count, I think it's pretty ace. :D

Yeah, I keep wondering whether Little Miss is gonna wander over here but if she even bothers I don't reckon it'll be for a few weeks yet.

I was, but that was after four years, not three days, thank god!

To be honest I'm really revelling in not having a stupid post count, I think it's pretty ace. :D

There should be some kind of prize for you in my opinion.

How about naming you to the rock and roll forum hall of fame?

Yeah, I keep wondering whether Little Miss is gonna wander over here but if she even bothers I don't reckon it'll be for a few weeks yet.

She probably got married or something boring like that.

:D

My post count is low. I have the flood control problem when posting. I have a question, when I click on Vie wNew Posts it tells me that the forum adminstrator has set flood control and i need to wait 55 seconds before trying again. Should that happen when trying to view new posts?

Well, I think the reason some people already have relatively high post counts is simply because this is a brand new forum, and there's some excitement going on. Also, we had to get all the good topics from the old board going again. It'll settle down again in a few days.

Well, I think the reason some people already have relatively high post counts is simply because this is a brand new forum, and there's some excitement going on. Also, we had to get all the good topics from the old board going again. It'll settle down again in a few days.

Thank you, Bonnie! I've been quite excited to see this new forum!

(But I don't have the highest post count...no siree..)

If people took more pride in the quality of their posts than quanity the site would be

much better for it. I'm not impressed by anyone who logs into a Led Zeppelin site

and spams it all day long with a bunch of bullshit one word posts. So unfortunate.

Agreed.

Only three days in and some people are already in the hundreds of posts. Should this be a sign to be concerned about? ... and even with 'flood control'!

... probably not if you have more than five cats or your High School graduation tassel is still hanging from your rear view mirror... 10 years later. :P

Well lucky them as some of us have a life outside of a pc, but I guess if they have time :D

Thank you, Bonnie! I've been quite excited to see this new forum!

(But I don't have the highest post count...no siree..)

:lol: I just checked and you are beating me Manders...you are third highest and I am fourth highest. I lay it down to the fact that we are excited about this place...let's leave it at that. :lol:

I do detest most one word answer posts...fair enough if it is in the middle of a conversation...but there are a number of threads where there is a silly game that requires you to post the name of a song or something. They seem to be designed soley for the purpose of bumping up post counts. You will find that the two highest posters go in there frequently. I posted once in there yesterday, but that was only because I'd replied to most other threads and there seemed to be nothing else to do. :lol:

:lol: I just checked and you are beating me Manders...you are third highest and I am fourth highest. I lay it down to the fact that we are excited about this place...let's leave it at that. :lol:

I do detest most one word answer posts...fair enough if it is in the middle of a conversation...but there are a number of threads where there is a silly game that requires you to post the name of a song or something. They seem to be designed soley for the purpose of bumping up post counts. You will find that the two highest posters go in there frequently. I posted once in there yesterday, but that was only because I'd replied to most other threads and there seemed to be nothing else to do. :lol:

Yes :D:rolleyes:

Well lucky them as some of us have a life outside of a pc, but I guess if they have time :D

That is exactly what I think. :hysterical: Most of the time I am on here I am reading other peoples post and not posting.

Post counts are for people who think that it somehow heightens their position on the BB heirarchy and pecking order.

They should do away with post counts.

I totally agree that they should do away with them. It is good to some extent though to see how much you contribute to music trivia though. :thumbsup:

I totally agree that they should do away with them. It is good to some extent though to see how much you contribute to music trivia though. :thumbsup:

They tried once, long ago, only counting posts outside of the General Forum, but the folks didn't like it! I think it's a great way to reduce spam. Give me 5 years and I still won't break 1000 posts!

:D

With all due respect it about music trivia not post count.

Its this any worse that the banter of certain cliques?

Hi:^

Hi ^

Hi^ Have you seen...

Hi^ No but he/she should be here soon

Post counts are for people who think that it somehow heightens their position on the BB heirarchy and pecking order.

They should do away with post counts.

I don't think people are really that low or self obsessed that they think they are heirarchy because they have more posts than someone else !! I did think there was alot of self congratularaty/pat on the back type threads on the old board though !! As to the cliques I think its just a case of alot of people have been on here along time and have made friends and like to chat to each other. I tend to come and go from here due to time etc !!

Anyway I must be on my 40th message by now so that makes me top dog.....not (joke ) :)

I must admit that I would hate to see people like Ev, Chicken, Knebby etc looked down upon by other 'new' people that don't really know them. If I visit a new forum I always look for fairly long standing posters, that way I can see who I could talk to for information. I feel so sad that Ev and the others mentioned could lose the kind of respect they had on the old board. The only people on here that will respect them are the ones that know the full extent of their contribution. :thumbsup:

Archived