At Home With Robert Plant in Wales (1975)

SteveAJones

Those photos were taken at Jennings farm in Worcestershire, not his place in Wales.

Thank you, Knebby. There now seems to be a discrepancy about the date of the article as well. It could be from 1977. Can't say for certain as it's in German. The complete article is posted in the Led Zeppelin Forum now for anyone who wants to look it over.

Thank you, Knebby. There now seems to be a discrepancy about the date of the article as well. It could be from 1977. Can't say for certain as it's in German. The complete article is posted in the Led Zeppelin Forum now for anyone who wants to look it over.

I remember these pictures in CIRCUS mag. I'm sure it was around the release of Physical Graf

Those photos were taken at Jennings farm in Worcestershire, not his place in Wales.

are these definately jennings farm pics. they look so different to the photo s i have in my book. the only. the only thing i can possibly see that is similiar is the barn to the left. i know over time, maybe thirty years will have changed, but the main house look different to the pictue when i drove past a few months ago. ( the roof and chimney stack positions)

are these definately jennings farm pics. they look so different to the photo s i have in my book. the only. the only thing i can possibly see that is similiar is the barn to the left. i know over time, maybe thirty years will have changed, but the main house look different to the pictue when i drove past a few months ago. ( the roof and chimney stack positions)

Definitely, yes. The Plants had quite a lot of work done on it after they bought it.

Edited by Knebby

• 1 month later...
these pics were taken in 1970, positively. I cant believe that everyone here cant see that clearly!

The thread title refers to when the original article was believed to have been published,

as it's in German and mentions his sheep farm in Wales. Turns out it was published in 1977 and the photos depict Jennings Farm.

There was never any contention about when the photos were taken.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 1 year later...

Where exactly is the complete article, I can translate it....

The article must be written after 1977 since it claims that the death of his son made Robert retreat into the Welsh countryside, and that this could have been the end of Led Zeppelin.

But it also stated that Jimmy is listening to live concerts to make a live album and that Jonesy and Jimmy are writing new material, and that Robert needs time to find balance in his life again.

The article must be written after 1977 since it claims that the death of his son made Robert retreat into the Welsh countryside, and that this could have been the end of Led Zeppelin. But it also stated that Jimmy is listening to live concerts to make a live album and that Jonesy and Jimmy are writing new material, and that Robert needs time to find balance in his life again.

If your translation is accurate, this must have been published sometime after July 1977 but probably before the rehearsals at Clearwell Castle in May 1978.