JIMMY PAGE at Kongresshalle in Frankfurt Dec 3rd 1984

SteveAJones

Thank you, these are very nice, esp that first one. Btw, where do you come across all of these?

I knew you would appreciate the first one the most.

Everything I post here comes from my private archive which was built one item, one

contact, one opportunity at a time over the past three decades. If there is a specific

Jimmy Page concert or era your interested in seeing here just let me know and I'll see what can be done.

I knew you would appreciate the first one the most.

Everything I post here comes from my private archive which was built one item, one

contact, one opportunity at a time over the past three decades. If there is a specific

Jimmy Page concert or era your interested in seeing here just let me know and I'll see what can be done.

69/70 are my favourite. :lol:

• 2 years later...

I used to have a double splattered vinyl of this. The album cover was colored red with a "The Firm" logo that was white. It was the most incredible splattered vinyl that I've ever seen. The vinyls were splattered tropical colored and held under light, there were "holes" all over it that appeared and lit up out of this world. I used to keep them under light. I am hoping that somebody may have a picture of the vinyls under light and post them for me please if you know what I'm talking about...

I used to have a double splattered vinyl of this. The album cover was colored red with a "The Firm" logo that was white. It was the most incredible splattered vinyl that I've ever seen. The vinyls were splattered tropical colored and held under light, there were "holes" all over it that appeared and lit up out of this world. I used to keep them under light. I am hoping that somebody may have a picture of the vinyls under light and post them for me please if you know what I'm talking about...

Also it was an audience recording and unfortunately I don't have a recording anymore or any specific details on the company that made it, etc. Just my description.

• 1 month later...

my god this bloke does not seem to age does he!!!!!!! robert plant has aged well, jimmy does not!!!!!

I wish Jimmy was still in that shape!!!!!!!!! Robert Plant looked alot younger when that picture was taken as well, that was back in 1984...

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, StringBender said:

He played the blue strat on Someone To Love. 

No he didn't. It was the Les Paul. I saw them on this tour.  To be clear: "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" the encore is the track I am referring to not the track written by the band. That track was the blue strat because he was using the tremolo bar.

I have audio of this show and it is Everybody Needs Somebody To Love where the problem happens.

Edited by sixpense

On 2/1/2017 at 4:50 PM, sixpense said:

I have audio of this show and it is Everybody Needs Somebody To Love where the problem happens.

Are you sure you're not referring to the Hammersmith, Odeon concert that was broadcast on the radio instead of Frankfurt?

On February 1, 2017 at 6:50 PM, sixpense said:

No he didn't. It was the Les Paul. I saw them on this tour.  To be clear: "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" the encore is the track I am referring to not the track written by the band. That track was the blue strat because he was using the tremolo bar.

whatever. He played the blue strat on someone to love which the poster above referenced even if they had the wrong tune and I did as well to which you replied "no he didn't". So yes he did. 

On someone to love. 

Edited by StringBender

Not sure if I have ever heard Jimmy's guitar dropping out from any of the live recordings I have heard of "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love". The song went over okay in Frankfurt. I have sort of a good collection of different The Firm recordings, but there are sitll a lot I don't have.

As far as Jimmy's guitar outage in Frankfurt during 'Someone To Love" , it happened right when Jimmy's solo was supposed to start after the lyric 'got to, got to, got to be so right'. The band keeps playing it without Jimmy and Paul keeps doing his 'yeah, yeah, yeahs'. After a minute or so of this Paul Rodgers says into his mic, 'hey tech, whats going on?" (at least I think it's tech, could be chuck ). It gets fixed and they do the rest of the song.

Edited by luvlz2
Clarity

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

Frankfurt 1984: Different shoes, so guessing these are from 12/4?

1984 - The Firm Frankfurt -3   .jpg

Photos by Tom Haack

Hi, Sam. Excellent post. Jimmy's actually wearing black boots in all the photos I have of 12/3 & 12/4. Perhaps these are 12/5 (Hamburg)? I'll look into this further.

Stars & Stripes does sell prints from their archives for a nominal fee, so I'll be trying to obtain their shots now. I did order and receive a great 1970 shot of Robert Plant from them many years ago.

https://starsandstripes.newspaperarchive.com/

Edited by SteveAJones

1984 12 04 (Ludwigshafen)

Photos #1-#3 Credit: Petra Pommerenke

Photos #4-#8 Credit: Suzie Scholze

...if the Pommerenke photo for Frankfurt (12/3) is misdated and actually 12/4 then the new shots Sam posted could well be from 12/3. I will have to pull the original prints out to check them. When I obtained them over 30 years ago they were dated and credited in ink on the back of each photo. Clearly he wore boots in LUDWIGSHAFEN though. 

1984 12 04  001  (Credit Petra Pommerhenke).jpg

1984 12 04  002  (Credit Petra Pommerhenke).jpg

1984 12 04  003  (Credit Petra Pommerhenke).jpg

1984 12 04  001  (Credit S. Scholze).jpg

1984 12 04  002 (Credit S. Scholze).jpg

1984 12 04  003 (Credit S. Scholze).jpg

1984 12 04  004  (Credit S. Scholze).jpg

1984 12 04  005  (Credit S. Scholze).jpg

Edited by SteveAJones