Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

My favourite track is 'I'm gonna crawl' are there any out-takes from this track (Except the drum segments) out there anywhere, I know they never played it live...???

There are no Presence album outtakes in circulation, undoubtedly because there were relatively few songs recorded and it was completed so quickly in the studio.

Hey Steve,

Very interesting point you made above, referencing my question to you a couple weeks ago about Zep being asked to play Montreaux in the summer of 1975. Your partial answer above in laying out Zep's 1975 summer timeline had me thinking: have you ever seen pictures/copies of actual Zep concert tickets for the Fall 1975 tour? I never have, yet it reminds of the tickets that were printed in Chicago for the 1980 US tour that were never used for obvious reasons (and the tickets can be seen in Dave Lewis's book, "The Concert File").

Given your timeline above, you would think that tickets for the first announced US dates would have been printed and possibly distributed, since it was 6 weeks between the announcement of the Fall US Tour dates and the first scheduled date in Oakland, California.

Were tickets ever printed, and have you seen pictures or actual copies of any tickets from these Fall 1975 US dates (Oakland, Tempe, Denver, Kansas City, etc...)?

[/quote)

I bought a ticket to see Led Zeppelin at the Rose Bowl, September (6th?), 1975. I returned it for a refund, but did make a Xerox copy of it, which I still have. There is a picture of this ticket in an old issue of the fanzine "Proximity", where I told my story of seeing the 6/23/77 show ("I was a teenaged Badgeholder") I'll look for that when I get home - the actual copy is MIA at the moment, along with my other Zep stubs.

So - yes, tickets were printed and sold for the fall '75 US Tour

I bought a ticket to see Led Zeppelin at the Rose Bowl, September (6th?), 1975. I returned it for a refund, but did make a Xerox copy of it, which I still have. There is a picture of this ticket in an old issue of the fanzine "Proximity", where I told my story of seeing the 6/23/77 show ("I was a teenaged Badgeholder") I'll look for that when I get home - the actual copy is MIA at the moment, along with my other Zep stubs.

So - yes, tickets were printed and sold for the fall '75 US Tour

Yes, Sept 6, 1975 which would have been about three weeks into a 33-date tour. I've only been able to confirm 11 of the 33 cancelled dates, so if anyone out there has the complete Autumn '75 tour itinerary please consider sharing it here. Sometimes I think although 33 dates were planned not all had been announced. I'd like to get this cleared up.

Thanks a lot Steve for posting these, great stuff.

I have Ron's color shot of Jimmy covered in entrails but not at arm's reach. I can't recall if posting it here is permissable, but if it is I was hoping someone would as the Raffaelli interview I posted is bound to raise curiousity about it.

I have Ron's color shot of Jimmy covered in entrails but not at arm's reach. I can't recall if posting it here is permissable, but if it is I was hoping someone would as the Raffaelli interview I posted is bound to raise curiousity about it.

Yes, thanks for sharing this. I have seen that picture here (hard to forget)as it's graphic , I'll try to remember the thread it was on.

Edited by Deborah J

I'm sure I have seen this photo here.

http://video.google....34658042808928#

http://video.google....207765105862680

http://video.google....377985732890761

Is this the geezer that filmed the Bath festival!???

zep-jochen-3.jpg

June 28, 1970

Shepton Mallet, UK

1 min., 8 mm., color

The Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music 1970

Jochen Laschinsky has also unearthed a minute or soof 8mm footage which contains several short clips of Canned heat,Zappa, Santana and Zeppelin. Unfortunatley, as he was shooting into thesun, the footage is extremely dark.

Edited by Conneyfogle

Yes, thanks for sharing this. I have seen that picture here (hard to forget)as it's graphic , I'll try to remember the thread it was on.

Steve, I am still trying to find this. I'll keep working on it.

Edited by Deborah J

yeah, that's where i got the still from, the 4th link takes you here as well...If only I understood German I'd know what he ws talking about (I presume it's the same manin the vid)?

Which part do you want to know? He didn't really talk about Zeppelin in those videos though.

Here it is

JimmyPagethedream.jpg

Deborah, every time that photo is uploaded to Photobucket it is quickly deleted, as I know from experience! Thanks, Steve, for the Raffaelli article, fascinating back ground there on his iconic photos of the band, not least the infamous 'dream' shot. It was definitely posted here, probably on one of the photos threads, a while back.

Deborah, every time that photo is uploaded to Photobucket it is quickly deleted, as I know from experience! Thanks, Steve, for the Raffaelli article, fascinating back ground there on his iconic photos of the band, not least the infamous 'dream' shot. It was definitely posted here, probably on one of the photos threads, a while back.

Hello cerisaye!

At least we tried. That was an interesting article.

Auction Reports

20 October 2004

An early 20th century Tiffany Favrile ten-light lamp was an unusual consignment for a provincial auction house. The market for Tiffany is largely based in America and even the major London rooms tend to sell their best consignments through their New York rooms. However, the family of the late Peter Grant, former manager of the legendary rock group Led Zeppelin, live locally and put his lamp into Dreweatt Neate Tunbridge Wells Saleroom's (15% buyer's premium) September 3 sale.

PeterGrantTiffanyLamp.jpg

Tiffany Favrile lamp sold to an American at £8500 at Dreweatt Neate’s Tunbridge Wells sale.

Edited by SteveAJones