The Who Thread

blackdog

Isn't that version just an edited version of the one from the deluxe edition who's next? I haven't listened to my copy of the Join Together single in ages, so I'll have to go refresh my memory next chance I get.
No......... the version on Who's Next is from the NY Record Plant sessions and has Leslie West on guitar. I think the B-side version is from the Young Vic sessions. Edited by johnthomasmoby

• 2 weeks later...

I resent the remark about the Monkees thread...mostly because I started it. But I love both bands and think both have their place in music. I just love The Who more.

When I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday, I (accidently) saw a naked picture of Keith. Don't ask how. It scarred me. :blink:

Definitely one of my favourite bands.. I fell totally in love with this band when I heard "Tommy" for the first time. I just hadn't heard anything like that before... it became an important album to me.

Last summer I was lucky enough to see them perform live. I had a great time rocking with my friends. Pete and Roger both were energetic on stage and sounded great.

Definitely one of my favourite bands.. I fell totally in love with this band when I heard "Tommy" for the first time. I just hadn't heard anything like that before... it became an important album to me.

Last summer I was lucky enough to see them perform live. I had a great time rocking with my friends. Pete and Roger both were energetic on stage and sounded great.

Which show did you see?

I love The Who. They were always my band...............all of my other friends were Zeppelin fanatics and it was a constant battle....."play Led II.....play Who's Next" etc etc. I loved The Who above all others though. I was lucky enough to see them in 1970 and 1971 and then once more in 1996 on the Quad tour. In my humble opinion there's never been anybody better.

I say this on a Led Zeppelin board :D

It's all good though, it really is.

Regards;

Who's Next is such a classic and great album. That and Quadrophenia are both so great. Quad never gets enough credit-one of the all time great albums.

Well it's hard to get all the acclaim you deserve when you are preceded by Who Sell Out, Tommy, Live At Leeds, and Who's Next. I can see how Quad gets lost in there, but it really is a great album.

In my humble opinion there's never been anybody better.

You would be in the minority. The huge plethora of tributes and eulogies aimed in Zeppelin's direction as 'the greatest rock band of all time' has been evident these last months.

The Who never get those accolades. Almost nobody calls The Who 'the greatest rock band of all time'.

You would be in the minority. The huge plethora of tributes and eulogies aimed in Zeppelin's direction as 'the greatest rock band of all time' has been evident these last months.

The Who never get those accolades. Almost nobody calls The Who 'the greatest rock band of all time'.

That would be why the person used the words "In my humble opinion...."

Why make an argument where one doesn't exist?

Well then your scope is extremely limited, because the amount of people who think the Who are the greatest group ever is a large one. This is a minority opinion on this board, but not overall.

Great band, another favourite of mine! Saw them earlier this year, they truly rocked. Was also able to order DVD of the whole gig a few weeks later...no edits, the show as I saw it! Proceeds went towards charities supported by The Who. Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if the O2 gig was made available like this. I have this nagging doubt that if..when..it comes out it will be hacked to pieces :(

Great band, another favourite of mine! Saw them earlier this year, they truly rocked. Was also able to order DVD of the whole gig a few weeks later...no edits, the show as I saw it! Proceeds went towards charities supported by The Who. Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if the O2 gig was made available like this. I have this nagging doubt that if..when..it comes out it will be hacked to pieces :(

That was a great deal for those of us who wanted a souvenir to remember the show by. I bought the CD/DVD combo because it was for charity. The quality was very good.