Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdog

The Who Thread

674 posts in this topic

Isn't that version just an edited version of the one from the deluxe edition who's next? I haven't listened to my copy of the Join Together single in ages, so I'll have to go refresh my memory next chance I get.
No......... the version on Who's Next is from the NY Record Plant sessions and has Leslie West on guitar. I think the B-side version is from the Young Vic sessions. Edited by johnthomasmoby

We all know who Petie ripped off the windmill from, don`t we.

Didn`t he even admit it?

Petie..... yeeuuch.... it's not petie it's PT..............P for PETE and T for TOWNSHEND PT PT Get it.

No......... the version on Who's Next is from the NY Record Plant sessions and has Leslie West on guitar. I think the B-side version is from the Old Vic sessions.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Sorry for the bump.

I just couldn't stand for The Monkees thread to be way up above The Who thread.

What a travesty!

Many great thing to like about The Who, past & present ! ! !

One of my favorite Who Things . . .

My Generation from Live At Leeds

One of the Best Hard Rock songs by Anyone ! !

Many great thing to like about The Who, past & present ! ! !

One of my favorite Who Things . . .

My Generation from Live At Leeds

One of the Best Hard Rock songs by Anyone ! !

If you like that listen to Sparks live, it's fucking monumental.

I love the Rock n Roll Circus performance of this song. It was why the Circus remained unreleased for so long: the Stones were pissed that the Who upstaged them! :D

See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUu0B63qnAI

This is the performance which turned me on to how amazing the Who are!

I resent the remark about the Monkees thread...mostly because I started it. But I love both bands and think both have their place in music. I just love The Who more.

When I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday, I (accidently) saw a naked picture of Keith. Don't ask how. It scarred me. :blink:

When I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday, I (accidently) saw a naked picture of Keith. Don't ask how. It scarred me. :blink:

I'm so deeply sorry.

Definitely one of my favourite bands.. I fell totally in love with this band when I heard "Tommy" for the first time. I just hadn't heard anything like that before... it became an important album to me.

Last summer I was lucky enough to see them perform live. I had a great time rocking with my friends. Pete and Roger both were energetic on stage and sounded great.

Definitely one of my favourite bands.. I fell totally in love with this band when I heard "Tommy" for the first time. I just hadn't heard anything like that before... it became an important album to me.

Last summer I was lucky enough to see them perform live. I had a great time rocking with my friends. Pete and Roger both were energetic on stage and sounded great.

Which show did you see?

I saw the one which was held in Helsinki on July 9th.

How did Roger sound. That show was after he fell ill.

How did Roger sound. That show was after he fell ill.

Yeah, but I guess he was somehow recovering from that illness..because his voice was amazing! Actually I didn't notice any problems.

Well if you are a Who fan perhaps you can answer my question the the thread "the night that Keith Moon died". So far nobody has answered

Why don't you link it?

I love The Who. They were always my band...............all of my other friends were Zeppelin fanatics and it was a constant battle....."play Led II.....play Who's Next" etc etc. I loved The Who above all others though. I was lucky enough to see them in 1970 and 1971 and then once more in 1996 on the Quad tour. In my humble opinion there's never been anybody better.

I say this on a Led Zeppelin board :D

It's all good though, it really is.

Regards;

Who's Next is such a classic and great album. That and Quadrophenia are both so great. Quad never gets enough credit-one of the all time great albums.

Well it's hard to get all the acclaim you deserve when you are preceded by Who Sell Out, Tommy, Live At Leeds, and Who's Next. I can see how Quad gets lost in there, but it really is a great album.

In my humble opinion there's never been anybody better.

You would be in the minority. The huge plethora of tributes and eulogies aimed in Zeppelin's direction as 'the greatest rock band of all time' has been evident these last months.

The Who never get those accolades. Almost nobody calls The Who 'the greatest rock band of all time'.

You would be in the minority. The huge plethora of tributes and eulogies aimed in Zeppelin's direction as 'the greatest rock band of all time' has been evident these last months.

The Who never get those accolades. Almost nobody calls The Who 'the greatest rock band of all time'.

That would be why the person used the words "In my humble opinion...."

Why make an argument where one doesn't exist?

Sorry, but I'm not about to get into a "Who vs Zeppelin" endless argument thread. I just posted my opinion, and nothing more.

Regards;

The vast majority of the the time The Beatles remain my favorite group of all time (notice, no "best") but sometimes it depends on what day of the week it is. I put the Who, Zep, the Stones, Dylan, Skynyrd and R.E.M. up there too.

Well then your scope is extremely limited, because the amount of people who think the Who are the greatest group ever is a large one. This is a minority opinion on this board, but not overall.

Great band, another favourite of mine! Saw them earlier this year, they truly rocked. Was also able to order DVD of the whole gig a few weeks later...no edits, the show as I saw it! Proceeds went towards charities supported by The Who. Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if the O2 gig was made available like this. I have this nagging doubt that if..when..it comes out it will be hacked to pieces :(

Great band, another favourite of mine! Saw them earlier this year, they truly rocked. Was also able to order DVD of the whole gig a few weeks later...no edits, the show as I saw it! Proceeds went towards charities supported by The Who. Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if the O2 gig was made available like this. I have this nagging doubt that if..when..it comes out it will be hacked to pieces :(

That was a great deal for those of us who wanted a souvenir to remember the show by. I bought the CD/DVD combo because it was for charity. The quality was very good.

Just a little while ago driving home from a friends house I listened to the entire Tommy album start to finish(he lives a long way away), what a great album and artist. You really feel like you accomplish something after listening to that whole thing start to finish, a wonderful piece of music.