" THIS IS ROCK " Rock Magazine from Spain

The Rover

portada.jpg

THIS IS ROCK ~~ Rock Magazine from Spain

http://www.thisisrock.net/index2.htm

nº43 enero de 2008

JIMMY PAGE

Guitarrista, compositor,

músico de sesión, arreglista, productor... en una carrera que se expande casi medio siglo no hay absolutamente nadie en el rock’n’roll que no haya estado influenciado o que no haya sido afectado por el trabajo de James Patrick Page. En esta exclusiva entrevista, con nuestro colaborador en Londres Peter Makowski, habla para This Is Rock sobre esta reunión, su carrera, Led Zeppelin y sus planes para el futuro.

LED ZEPPELIN

El retorno de los Caballeros Jedi del rock iba a ser el acontecimiento del nuevo Siglo, y una revista como ésta debía estar allí. Nuestras esperanzas depositas en este concierto eran las normales para una reunión de este tipo, pero sin duda, estos cuatro caballeros consiguieron superar todas nuestras expectativas.

portada.jpg

nº43 enero de 2008

JIMMY PAGE

Guitarrista, compositor,

músico de sesión, arreglista, productor... en una carrera que se expande casi medio siglo no hay absolutamente nadie en el rock’n’roll que no haya estado influenciado o que no haya sido afectado por el trabajo de James Patrick Page. En esta exclusiva entrevista, con nuestro colaborador en Londres Peter Makowski, habla para This Is Rock sobre esta reunión, su carrera, Led Zeppelin y sus planes para el futuro.

LED ZEPPELIN

El retorno de los Caballeros Jedi del rock iba a ser el acontecimiento del nuevo Siglo, y una revista como ésta debía estar allí. Nuestras esperanzas depositas en este concierto eran las normales para una reunión de este tipo, pero sin duda, estos cuatro caballeros consiguieron superar todas nuestras expectativas.

Spanish was my second language and at one point in time I actually translated documents. I've lost much of it but I will give a try with this one as it doesn't seem to be too difficult. I might miss some of the idiomas from Spain, however.

The first paragraph:

Guitarist, composer, session player, arranger, producer .. in a career that has extended almost half a century, there absolutely isn’t anyone in rock and roll who has not been influenced or affected by the work of James Patrcik Page. In this exclusive interview, with our own correspondent/collaborator Peter Makowski in London, Jimmy Page spoke with This Is Rock about this reunion, his career, LZ and their plans for the future.

The second paragraph:

The return of the "Jedi" gentlemen? (Jedi horsemen?) of rock was the event of the new century and our magazine (?) had to be there. Our hopes that were invested in (had put on) this concert were the typical ones for a reunion of this type/sort, but without doubt, these four gentlemen exceeded all of our expectations.

Spanish was my second language and at one point in time I actually translated documents. I've lost much of it but I will give a try with this one as it doesn't seem to be too difficult. I might miss some of the idiomas from Spain, however.

The first paragraph:

Guitarist, composer, session player, arranger, producer .. in a career that has extended almost half a century, there absolutely isn’t anyone in rock and roll who has not been influenced or affected by the work of James Patrcik Page. In this exclusive interview, with our own correspondent/collaborator Peter Makowski in London, Jimmy Page spoke with This Is Rock about this reunion, his career, LZ and their plans for the future.

The second paragraph:

The return of the "Jedi" gentlemen? (Jedi horsemen?) of rock was the event of the new century and our magazine (?) had to be there. Our hopes that were invested in (had put on) this concert were the typical ones for a reunion of this type/sort, but without doubt, these four gentlemen exceeded all of our expectations.

Thanks MSG... I think...that they might have or could have meant Jedi Knights.

I took Spanish in HS. Our teacher was a young, blonde, and very nicely built woman. I didn't learn Spanish, but I always enjoyed the class! B)

I would have gladly been her "victim".... But I don't think she strayed from her husband! Anyways, I was too young to think about consequences at that age..

• 4 weeks later...

The first paragraph:

The second paragraph:

Caballeros in Spanish means gentlemen, I am Mexican and Spanish is my first language and my mother even though she was Mexican spoke Castillan Spanish. Great job on the translation, could not have done better myself

I took Spanish in HS. Our teacher was a young, blonde, and very nicely built woman. I didn't learn Spanish, but I always enjoyed the class! B)

I would have gladly been her "victim".... But I don't think she strayed from her husband! Anyways, I was too young to think about consequences at that age..

You're welcome, Rover. That's a cute story about your teacher. :lol:

Caballeros in Spanish means gentlemen, I am Mexican and Spanish is my first language and my mother even though she was Mexican spoke Castillan Spanish. Great job on the translation, could not have done better myself

Thank you, lillian! I am half Hispanic/Latina and, because I grew up in a mixed family, I learned English as my first language and Spanish as my second.

I appreciate the compliment. Nice to meet you. :beer:

here indeed caballeros means Knights...you have a good spanish teacher!

• 1 month later...
portada.jpg

nº43 enero de 2008

JIMMY PAGE

Guitarrista, compositor,

LED ZEPPELIN

Im Spanish

Buena revista y hace falta otra par de revistas asi. Aunque no me gusto ni medio el apodo de Caballeros Jedi del Rock and Roll. Decirle Caballeros Jedi es como un insulto, para mi al menos, jaja.

In English:

Good Magazine, but I don't like the NickName Jedi's Nights... Nerd Movie (Star Wars)... Don't try to offense anybudy.

Wow! al fin algo en español

jaja!

me habría gustado tener esa revista

pero a chile no llegan :(

Y creo que a Argetina tampoco, aunque habian llegado un par de revistas de España sobre Guitarra y Bateria.

If someone wants to learn some spanish (like how do you say fuck off in spanish) ask me...

Archived