The Allman Brothers Thread

MS1

According to my ticket stubs, the first time I saw the ABB was June of 1979 @ Pine Knob Music Theatre.  Warm-up band was Bob Welch.  We had 13 tickets, and dedicated the last seat for a 1/4 barrel of beer.  My friend "Moose" earned his nickname by carrying that bad-boy in on his shoulders all the way from the parking lot.  Yes kiddies, there was once a time in rock concert history when you could bring in your own beer to an outdoor venue, and sit in the pavilion no less.

The Allman Bros. were America's best band. 

8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

According to my ticket stubs, the first time I saw the ABB was June of 1979 @ Pine Knob Music Theatre.  Warm-up band was Bob Welch.  We had 13 tickets, and dedicated the last seat for a 1/4 barrel of beer.  My friend "Moose" earned his nickname by carrying that bad-boy in on his shoulders all the way from the parking lot.  Yes kiddies, there was once a time in rock concert history when you could bring in your own beer to an outdoor venue, and sit in the pavilion no less.

The Allman Bros. were America's best band. 

:thumbsup: That's cool man!

Hello:

I never heard The ABB in concert. I heard Devon Allman, Gregg's son, a few years ago at the London Bluesfest (London Ontario). He covered Midnight Rider and played many other tunes with his band at the time. Wow... Devon is an excellent guitar player!!!

I have The ABB album, Brothers and Sisters, as well as, Laid Back (one of Gregg's solo albums) and Low Country Blues (a more recent work)

RIP GREGG

http://www.facebook.com/greggallman/

http://www.facebook.com/devonallman/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, John M said:

That is fantastic!  Only 1247 views and 33 likes since 2017?  Thanks for posting.

This one's better...Freezer's September 16 '71 ABB recording. I reckon his NOLA '71 Zep show sounds as good as this.