TSRTS original version

I know this is largely a moot point now that the new remaster is out, but on the original Song Remains the Same DVD, does anyone know what's going on with the weird phasing at 1:19:05 - 1:19:46, and then again at 1:20:35 - 1:21:15? I don't recall this on the old VHS we used to watch every other weekend in the `80's, but on the other hand it may have been there and we chalked it up to a over-viewed tape. Anybody else's doing this?

I know this is largely a moot point now that the new remaster is out, but on the original Song Remains the Same DVD, does anyone know what's going on with the weird phasing at 1:19:05 - 1:19:46, and then again at 1:20:35 - 1:21:15? I don't recall this on the old VHS we used to watch every other weekend in the `80's, but on the other hand it may have been there and we chalked it up to a over-viewed tape. Anybody else's doing this?

Are you sure that now you're hearing everything in clear digital sound reproduction, that those might be either film edits/ Jimmy's edits?

Are you sure that now you're hearing everything in clear digital sound reproduction, that those might be either film edits/ Jimmy's edits?
It's not an edit, it's like the entire track is run through a phaser that only swooshes up to the high end, then stays there until it disappears completely all at once. I suspect the original DVD may have had a faux pas even the VHS didn't have. Oh, well.

Archived