Good cover songs

BigBadZep

• 2 years later...

My husband spotted this one..I was like, "No way!", considering her usual stuff, but I was surprised by how good it was (and Nancy was playing guitar)

I have a very low tolerance for Retchin' Wilson myself but the episode of Crossroads she did with Heart was proof positive that she'd be much better off singing rock n' roll.

Dream Theatre - A Change of Seasons ("The Rover, Achlles,The Song Remains THe Same" ) Its not Robert Singing though and you realise how good Plants vocals are especially on "Achilles"

But is a good version but nothing ever tops Zeps verssion.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltGZiFNCD_4"

Edited by leddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jahfin,

Is that The Sweet of Little Willy fame?? Too funny. I was thinking of posting that song in the one hit wonder thread, but then discovered they had a few hits in England.

I have a question. Are we allowed to post You/Tube clips of covers done by non-famous singers?

There's one I'd like to post I think is really good, but she is not nationally recognized...................missy

Jahfin,

Is that The Sweet of Little Willy fame?? Too funny. I was thinking of posting that song in the one hit wonder thread, but then discovered they had a few hits in England.

Yes, it is. Funny, the song I always think of when it comes to The Sweet is "Ballroom Blitz".

I have a question. Are we allowed to post You/Tube clips of covers done by non-famous singers?

As far as I know there is no protocol as to what you can post. As I've mentioned before, I've posted about lots of artists no one here is familiar with. At least I didn't think so until I posted so you never know until you throw it out there.

I discovered this artist on YouTube and was impressed.

She set the bar high by selecting one of Joni's most well known songs.

Emily Elbert is only 22 years old. I thought she was a local singer from Texas with no national recognition. But, I just checked out her website and discovered she cut a CD last year called Proof. I'll have to check that out. Go Emily! :)

Emily Elbert Cover of Help Me (Joni Mitchell)

This was done by Emily in 2008 @ age 18.......

I've always preferred Guns'N'Roses live cover of "Live And Let Die" to Paul's good original version.

Van Halen has covered "Pretty Woman", "Beautiful Girls" and "Happy Trails" ("YRGM" sorry, not my cup of tea.)

Heart does well on "The Battle Of Evermore":

• 5 weeks later...