Good cover songs

BigBadZep

I guess it says a lot about the appeal of your band when you've had your material covered by everyone from Smashing Pumpkins to the Dixie Chicks.

I think Stevie must have approved because Natalie Maines was a guest vocalist on her Shangri-la album ("Too Far from Texas"). :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRHIVScAXE

Technically not a "cover" because the author (Ray Wylie Hubbard) is sitting in on this version by Jerry Jeff Walker but I couldn't resist posting because of the vintage footage. I'd love to see the entire movie someday.

Here, Ray Wylie Hubbard tells the story behind the song and why royalty checks have been very, very good to him.

I stumbled onto this cover of "Behind Blue Eyes", while researching The Who clips on You/tube.........

Limp Bizkit does an ad-lib in the middle @2:36 that almost moves this to the bad covers...... :huh: missy

I think it's more than the ad-lib that would qualify it for that thread.

I think it's more than the ad-lib that would qualify it for that thread.

I had to read that twice, but I get what you are saying! :lol:

Well, is there a rule that a song can't be listed in both places?

Here is another Who cover that is a little (?) better by Oasis, "My Generation," although the singer does say in the beginning it is for the old ba*tards!

I had to read that twice, but I get what you are saying! :lol:

Well, is there a rule that a song can't be listed in both places?

I'm not implying that it can't. I'm merely agreeing with you that the song sucks but for way more than just the ad-lib.