Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigBadZep

Good cover songs

534 posts in this topic

I love Adele. Such a great, great voice. Very refreshing nowadays.

I love Adele. Such a great, great voice. Very refreshing nowadays.

I was driving to work this morning, and at a red light, the lady next to me was jamming to Adele :lol:

Vs the original New Order version

I started a band back in October 2010 called Before Perils and since then we've written about 10 songs, one of them being a Led Zeppelin Medley that we wrote when we were asked to open for Zepparella, even though im more into writing my own songs I thought it would be a good idea considering who we were opening up for and to pay a tribute as well to one of the best bands of all time. Check it out and let me know your thoughts!

Before Perils

Edited by Before Perils

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings covering Neil Young's "Pocahontas". This song served as the inspiration behind "Me, Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando And I" from R.E.M.'s new album, Collapse Into Now. Both songs involve imagined conversations with Marlon Brando.

Edited by Jahfin

I know how 'yall feel about him, and I generally agree, but I really do like this cover:

I much prefer CSN's version to Joni's, truth be told.

Technically not a cover since this and CSN's version both came out in 1969 but it's definitely the less well known rendition of the two:

...on the CSN tip, this is what I'd consider a good version of "Southern Cross" even though I prefer the original by CSN. Mostly, I like it because it fits the Buffett modus operandi to a t.

Joe Cocker's version of Bob Dylan's I Shall Be Released is almost a religious experience.

When I went to listen to Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl, I was surprised to find so many artists had covered this song.

They include The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, John Entwistle, Joe Walsh, Radiohead, and Type O Negative.

The envelope please, and the winner is............

John Entwistle did a great cover! ..............:) missy

R.E.M.'s version of Vic Chesnutt's "Sponge" which originally appeared on Sweet Relief II: Gravity of the Situation - The Songs of Vic Chesnutt. Lots of great interpretations of Vic's work on here from The Smashing Pumpkins to the Indigo Girls and Soul Asylum. Sadly, Vic died on Christmas Day 2009. He went into a coma after taking an overdose of muscle relaxants earlier that same week.

Same here. She's great, but IMO this was better :peace:

Yes - America

David Gilmour - There's No Way Out of Here(although Gilmour did produce the original version by Unicorn)

Offenbach - L'hymne à l'amour

Jose Feliciano did a cover of The Doors classic, "Light My Fire" in 1968.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLtiFrykqQ&feature=related

He also did a cover of The Mamas and the Papas "California Dreaming'" the same year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7aSC-ezBk&feature=related

I almost put these clips over in the "Acoustic Guitar Appreciation" thread. I think he is that good!..... ......:) missy

Slobberbone covering "To Love Somebody", originally by the Bee Gee's.

Pantera does a killer version of "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdKjc8ICmPo

^I think this may be my favourite cover ever, they absolutely NAIL IT!

Originally by Robert Calvert (Hawkwind) from his first solo album, Captain Lockheed & the Starfighters

Edited by Ady

Same here. She's great, but IMO this was better :peace:

Okay, I get that not everyone is as high on Joni as I am, lol. Actually I like CSN's Woodstock cover equally to Joni's.

But would you agree that the following Joni original slightly edges out the k.d lang cover?

The original "Help Me" written and performed by Joni Mitchell.........

And the great cover done by k.d. lang.