The Worst Band Ever

kidmoon

Tokio Hotel

The Clash

Sex Pistols

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I agree on Tokio hotel... But? The Clash? :o Sex Pistols? :o I love them!

It's amazing when you realize how punk is actually full of tons of intelligent people. I know a few punkers and I have to admit, the smartest people I have ever met!

I agree on Tokio hotel... But? The Clash? :o Sex Pistols? :o I love them!

It's amazing when you realize how punk is actually full of tons of intelligent people. I know a few punkers and I have to admit, the smartest people I have ever met!

Also the fact that there is more to punk then the stuff in the late 1970's... you gotta remember the garage rock acts of the early 60's and the proto-punk sound of The Stooges and MC5 in the late 1960's.

The Night G.G. Allin Came to Town

We were bored, there was nothing going on.

Might as well stay at home and drink until we pass out again.

Then drink some more when the morning comes.

Memphis was sinking into the Mississippi.

We were doing our best just to ride it down.

Till the night G.G. Allin came to town.

"Honey, I dont believe this,"

the old man at Ferguson's Cafe kept saying to his wife.

As he read aloud The Memphis Star and their account of what went down that night

"It says he took a shit on the stage and started throwing it into the crowd.

But he was gone before the cops could come and shut him down."

Gone before the shit came down.

The night G.G. Allin came to town.

Antenna Club, Memphis, 1991.

Punk rockers paid $12 to be shit on!

The night G.G. Allin came to town

"It says he took the microphone and shoved it up his ass!"

The old man and his wife were aghast

Drive-By Truckers from the album Pizza Deliverance

• 2 years later...

Also the fact that there is more to punk then the stuff in the late 1970's... you gotta remember the garage rock acts of the early 60's and the proto-punk sound of The Stooges and MC5 in the late 1960's.

MC5 are awesome, at least that one song Kick Out The Jams "Kick Out The Jam Mother Fucker!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxE9ActMdso&feature=channel_video_title

The following bands (which I have tried to get into) fit into this category in my opinion :

Coldplay

Def Leppard

Creed

The Kings of Leon

Metallica

Tokio Hotel (their debut album was pretty top notch but it all fell to pieces in my opinion, the moment their second album came out! dry.gif )

Maroon 5

Muse dry.gif

Poison

Aqua (as in the weirdos who created the song "Barbie Girl" :rolleyes: )

Limp Bizkit

No Doubt

The Cranberries (Their song "Zombie" was OK but that's about it!)

Good Charlotte

My Chemical Romance

Red Hot Chilli Peppers (look, "Stadium Arcadium" was a decent album but I tried to get into their other stuff, but I couldn't!)

Edited To Add : Not that it matters in any way, but I couldn't help but be a bit suprised that bands like Queen, MC5 and The Doors were actually mentioned here BUT as the old saying goes : "Each To His Own" ;)

I once got a CD in the early 90s, I'm almost certain the band was called Hurricane.

What I remember so vividly is, upon the very first listen, I was struck by how pathetically formulaic the CD was.

It was literally the epitome of 80s hair.

I mean, I jammed Poison and Cinderella and Krokus as much as anybody, but bands like Pretty Boy Floyd really rubbed me the wrong way.

So by the 2nd or 3rd song, I was thinking how painfully predictable this CD sounded.

I remember specifically thinking as the (I believe) 3rd song was ending, "just about time for the obligatory power-ballad."

And, as if on cue, that's EXACTLY what the next track was.

If memory serves, I was so put off I never even finished listening to the rest of the CD.

A friend of mine who collects CDs, especially 80s, told me the CD is now actually worth upwards of $60 or $70 as a collector's item due to being so blatantly cliche'.

Anyway, definitely gets my vote as one of the worst bands ever.

After Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson quit, the surviving members of Mott the Hoople decided to carry on as "Mott"..............what a bad decision this was. Quite possibly the worst rock vocal ever recorded here.....

• 5 years later...

For me...

most modern country (Florida Georgia Line...ugh!)

Taylor Swift

The B-52's (Love Shack is an utter atrocity to the ears, imo)

most rap (though I will concede that some of Tupac is pretty decent)

a lot of indie (at least any of those indie bands with the singers who have the whiny voices. Sounds unbearably wimpy!)

Radiohead

Mariah Carey (we get it, you have a great range, now shut up for God's sake!)

any and all extreme metal

any and all teen pop

The Black Eyed Peas (their Super Bowl halftime show might be the worst live performance anyone has ever put on. It might be the only time that an artist performing at the Super Bowl actually ruined their career. This makes Tempe 77 look like the evening MSG 70 show!)

U2. 

In my opinion, the most "overrated" band of All-Time.  Bono wants to be looked at or considered a Statesmen (or whatever) for all the 'so-called" public work he says that he does. 

If someone offered me $200 and a free ticket to see U2, I would decline.  I would rather go to a  bar or strip joint and spend $200 of my own money than waste my time seeing this band. 

(I will admit, however, that the only U2 song that I like is "Bullet the Blue Sky", only because, to me, it sounds very "Zeppelinesque".  I still would not waste 2+ hours at their concert just to hear a 5 minute song). 

U2 - Their early stuff was good, they don't sound like that anymore.

Journey - Pre Steve Perry was decent, they couldn't make any money with that format.

White Lion - Really Bad

Ratt - Same Thing

many others, just a few I can think of, quickly.

Archived