Any Dulcimer players?

Hotplant

I fiddle with it. I love that you don't need a degree in music to play and make lovely "noise."

And my ring fingers aren't an issue. :blink:

oh...BTW...Nice new forum. :thumbsup:

No I have never picked one up !! but hey nice one you !! :thumbsup:

I can play it....not to a hugely high standard though. That's an instrument I am yet to buy. My friend had one and I used to go and play that. I haven't really included it on my list of playable instruments though because I can't really say I can. But I should be getting one soon.

My bro can play the hammer dulcimer. Beautiful sound.

I am also going to get a strumstick...it is a similar thing to the dulcimer. Based around the major scale so you can literally get a tune out of it straight away. I'll post a pic when I get one. :lol: Beautiful instruments indeed.

I fiddle with it. I love that you don't need a degree in music to play and make lovely "noise."

And my ring fingers aren't an issue. :blink:

oh...BTW...Nice new forum. :thumbsup:

Same as you Hotplant. We had one in our home when I was young that I would play around with just for fun. I should find out which one of my siblings has it now.....

Ah, this is embarrassing, but what is a Dulcimer? :blush:

Maybe its something I've seen before but I've never heard of it.

Google is your friend. :lol:

there are some pretty cool videos on YouTube. I would post some links but I am lazy at the moment....well....replace 'lazy' with 'unwell'. :(

I have a dulcimer that was made by a local musician here in my town. However, the frets are arranged in a way that is just atypical of any of the dulcimers I've seen. I try to play it, but it sounds really weird. :blink: Not like a dulcimer at all.

So I guess I play it, but not really well. :lol:

Archived