Actor Heath Ledger Dies

The Pagemeister

The media are making total fools of themselves by jumping to conclusions on everything. They are reading too much into interviews he gave and how he dressed and so on. Dumb.

Thank you for saying that. I totally agree with you. They don't care about facts or peoples lives. It's about how far can they take a story just to make a decent person look like total scum. I love how TMZ has apparently become all the news figures authority figures. What TMZ says is the honest truth by God! It's absolutely disgusting.

Well, actually, suicide is about hurting others, but also trying to blot out the pain. i know. A very close friend of mine committed suicide in 1993 six weeks after his 9 month pregnant wife did. And no, the child did not survive. What a waste of three lives. I feel for ledgers' family, i truly do. i buried my best friend for 29 fucking years back in august cause of pills, i saw the devastation of a family...a family i was part of, in a sense. I apologize for my innappropriate behavior in this matter.

It's alright, man. You're understandably stressed out, I forgive you for what you said. I am really sorry to hear what you've been going through. I wish you and everyone else hurt by their actions peace of mind. :console:

Everyone should just wait for the autopsy results before we talk about drugs and stuff. One person was on CNN saying he had pneumonia. He could have died from complications of that. Who knows. Just wait and see what happens.

I was never a fan but it's always sad when someone that young dies.

Spats, I think that may be the most intelligent and resonable post I have ever seen you post on this board. :o I'm impressed.

They showed a recent interview of his where he said he wasn't afraid of death anymore because he felt alive through his daughter. But he continued on saying that at the same time he doesn't want to die because he'd never want to leave his daughter. It breaks my heart thinking of his daughter. No kid should have to lose a parent, especially at such a young age.

Scroll down a bit to see the interview:

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/2008/01/2...t_interview.php

I still just can't believe he's dead. Yesterday morning was in the bathroom and the radio was on, a woman was talking about a guy who had been found dead in his apartment in Soho....and then she said it was Heath Ledger. I literally stood there for 5 minutes mouth agape, trying to think straight...and even now, when I tell myself he's dead, I just cannot believe it....I remember seeing him first in A Knight's Tale and loving his acting....

Christ. I don't think I'll ever get over it.

R.I.P. Heath. You were much too young to die :(:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I really don't get why those people think he's gay just because he played a gay character once in a movie :huh: However, this announcement is so disgusting, I don't know what to say :angry: It's best to ignore such people, they're simply not worth it.

I agree. Its really a shame...Those people should be ashamed of themselves. F*cking idiots...

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about him. I loved him as an actor, thought he was very talented but was never a 'heathette' if you will...and yet his death really saddens me and affects me a lot. He was so young and seemed lovely from interviews I saw/read and from what I've heard other people say about him. Great loss for his family, the movie industry and well fans.

I watched all the movies I have at home in which he played today. A Knight's Tale, Ned Kelly, The Patriot, Candy and Brokeback Mountain. Its my tribute to him.

Again much love Heath.

You know, I don't know what it is but I really can't stop thinking about it, either. I mean, I was definitely a huge fan when I was in junior high and had a massive crush on him (pretty much watched Ten Things every single day... I totally wore out the VHS haha), but he was really only one of many I like now and I obviously didn't know the guy.

I guess it's just that thinking about his career and his massive talent, he was almost like a second coming of Johnny Depp, who's my favorite actor. Started off in the teen scene and hated it, so started doing really random, deep, and weird stuff. I love it. I actually always thought he'd be a great Robert Plant if they ever made a Zeppelin movie, too. I've pushed for it haha. And he seemed so warm from all accounts I've heard. An CNN.com, they had all these fan encounters people had been sending in, and I was essentially crying reading all of them.

Plus I feel really badly for his daughter. My grandpa was 2 when his father died, and I guess he used to stand at the door every night at the time his father would usually come home. He'd just sit there and wait for him, saying "daddy?" This lasted for months apparently. Little kids can't grasp death and at that age, they will have absolutely no memories.

Heath really seemed like somebody worth remembering. So sad. I can't get it off my mind, especially since my whole family was crowded around the TV watching Ten Things just two weeks ago. :(

:( very sad. still can't believe this happened. he'll be missed. i admired his wide range of roles in such a short period of time. he worked very hard. i could never get over how he switched accents so well. i know that's part of being an actor but he was special in that area.

he had so much more to contribute. yes, one more gone way too soon.

God speed to Heath and god bless Matilda.

Deeply saddened by the news. I've shed more than a few tears. It kicked me in the head when I heard. I don't much care how he died, but that he died. So many here have pontificated about lifestyles and causes. Funny how some are compelled to take up mantles and make speeches. The poor guy is dead. Isn't that enough? God rest your soul Heath, troubled or not. Rest in peace. I enjoyed your work and will miss what would have come from you in the future. Sleep well, and have a beer on me. :beer:

Deeply saddened by the news. I've shed more than a few tears. It kicked me in the head when I heard. I don't much care how he died, but that he died. So many here have pontificated about lifestyles and causes. Funny how some are compelled to take up mantles and make speeches. The poor guy is dead. Isn't that enough? God rest your soul Heath, troubled or not. Rest in peace. I enjoyed your work and will miss what would have come from you in the future. Sleep well, and have a beer on me. :beer:

Oh Ev! Now YOU put me over the edge!

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

RIP, Heath. May your little girl grow up knowing that her father was a great contribution to the world's artists, and may she be taken care of well, and grow to be even more loved and beautiful.

Reminds me of the Simon and Garfunkel song...

Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was

A time of innocence

A time of confidences

Long ago, it must be

I have a photograph

Preserve your memories

They're all that's left you

I love you for posting that. I was watching a documentary on 1968, and when they were discussing Bobby Kennedy's assassination, that song was playing in the background, but I couldn't remember what it was. Now I do. It's a great song. I think I'll go play it now....

I love you for posting that. I was watching a documentary on 1968, and when they were discussing Bobby Kennedy's assassination, that song was playing in the background, but I couldn't remember what it was. Now I do. It's a great song. I think I'll go play it now....

Beautiful song, sad and so true...

Amen, Ev. -_-

Sorry Mandy, I'm a sentimental guy as you well know. For some reason, this particular loss has struck me as particularly sad, what with all the Hollywood in-crowd doing such madness in the last year. He just didn't seem to be..well we don't know do we? Totally unexpected. Share a drink with me, sweetheart? :beer:

Sorry Mandy, I'm a sentimental guy as you well know. For some reason, this particular loss has struck me as particularly sad, what with all the Hollywood in-crowd doing such madness in the last year. He just didn't seem to be..well we don't know do we? Totally unexpected. Share a drink with me, sweetheart? :beer:

I'm npt as sentimental as my sister is, thank God! She once cried because she wanted a man who was a gubenatorial candidate to win the election because "he was old and he's going to die soon." :lol: She was a second grader, I think.

It is a bummer that one of the seemingly good guys of Hollywood is gone--he's not a regular of the tabloids or anything--he was one of the few who were of my age that weren't in the tabloids to being rowdy.

I'll share a drink. But no crying in our beers for dear old Heath! :beer:

He wouldn't want that.

And have a beer on me too. :beer::( I echo your sentiments Ev...such a shame.

RIP, Heath. May your little girl grow up knowing that her father was a great contribution to the world's artists, and may she be taken care of well, and grow to be even more loved and beautiful.

Me too Manders. I shed a tear too. Horrible when young children are involved. :boohoo:

Archived