Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Hey Knebby, you should resurrect the Groupies thread, too! I wish that would have been brought over from the old board -- it's seriously irreplacable...unless it is replaced! :)

I think I'll stick to threads I originally started mate! :lol:

Thanks Sam - none-the-wiser, personally! :lol:

I'm sure Joel or someone could point me at some of his work that I might recognise.

Bio-

Ernie K-Doe scored one of the biggest hits (possibly the biggest) in the history of New Orleans R&B with "Mother-in-Law," a humorous lament that struck a chord with listeners of all stripes on its way to the top of both the pop and R&B charts in 1961. The song proved to be K-Doe's only major success, despite several more minor hits that were equally infectious, yet he remained one of New Orleans' most inimitable personalities.

Excellent, Thanks for that Levee!!!!

My Brother sings that to my Husband quite often, but he changes the words, to "Brother-in-Law"!!!

Ha! you're welcome.

Artist Direct has a longer bio of him, if you are interested. B)

New Orleans soul singer Ernie K-Doe.

Thank you very much!

Found this on BP Fallon's site:

plant_bp_stroke.jpg

The Lobsters - BP Fallon and Robert Plant - and Andy Sylvester

sing backing vocals with Melvin's Marauders in The Queen's Head

pub near Kidderminster, 1979

Photo: Claire De La Luna

What a great thread !

Hey thanks mate! As you probably know I dragged it kicking and screaming from the old site, where I have to confess the inspiration for the title came from a great Q magazine article of many years ago about the prolific and star-studded career of the wonderful Ray Cooper, entitled "Who's that bloke with Ray?". One day I'll find and post said article, it's a beauty. :)

Hey thanks mate! As you probably know I dragged it kicking and screaming from the old site, where I have to confess the inspiration for the title came from a great Q magazine article of many years ago about the prolific and star-studded career of the wonderful Ray Cooper, entitled "Who's that bloke with Ray?". One day I'll find and post said article, it's a beauty. :)
It's good to see it over here, I'm really enjoying it...I wish I had something to contribute !