Jethro Tull

JethroTull

I like jethro Tull, But thats my fathers favorit band. I think they are underrated, but i will never truly love tull for the same reason you'll never married a girl with the same first name as your mother. Im exact carbon copy of my father, so i tried to change it up a little bit.

I'm a Tull fan too!!! :D

I'm more of a fan of their early music (Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung) than the later prog music.

I liked the material they released in the 90's though it doesn't hold up as well as the old material imho.

What I'm looking for is the full CD version of Living In The Past, not the edited version. Is it still in print? I've seen it on Amazon for $$$$. I hope they eventually re-release the full version of the cd. This was my first JT purchase and I went from there.

I'm more of a fan of their early music (Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung) than the later prog music.

I liked the material they released in the 90's though it doesn't hold up as well as the old material imho.

What I'm looking for is the full CD version of Living In The Past, not the edited version. Is it still in print? I've seen it on Amazon for $$$$. I hope they eventually re-release the full version of the cd. This was my first JT purchase and I went from there.

As I said b4 :rolleyes: (above) :rolleyes: get the dvd!

It wil rock U right back 2 where it all began & beyond~next best to c'n them live~ B)

As I said b4 :rolleyes: (above) :rolleyes: get the dvd!

It wil rock U right back 2 where it all began & beyond~next best to c'n them live~ B)

There is a Living in the Past DVD???!! I have the Living WITH the Past DVD and that is quite good.

I have a music documentary JT VHS. I think it was taped in the '80;s. There are interviews, performances, videos. Ian has this long beard. He didn't look as good as he does now. :)

I love the early stuff best too I have the living in the past cd but it is missing a cuple songs, bouree is one must be the edited version.I do have the original viynl.which has some cool pictures/booklet inside.

Hey Jethro Tull ,there is a cover of the song A New Day Yesterday by Joe Bonamassa .The best version is on the Live album of the same name.sent shivers down my spine the first time I heard it.Are you familiar with it?

I am aware of it, but never made the effort to hear it. It's a great early autobiographical Tull tune. I'll put it on my list of things to do.

1. Taxes.

2. Get copy of Bonamassa's "A New Day Yesterday".

Also, 'Teacher', is missing from the single cd release...you have to get the MFSL gold double disc set for the entire selection that was on the original vinyl....YES..very collectible and expensive.

I still plan on chiming in with my Jethro Tull memories..and a little tidbitty encounter...

That's the one I've been looking for......thanks!!! :)

That's the one I've been looking for......thanks!!! :)

I searched for the gold disc of "Living In The Past" on Amazon and the lowest price for this cd is $150!!! :o

That is such a great album however that price is a tad too steep for my budget. I'll keep looking for it...maybe one day I'll find one for a reasonable price.

Also, 'Teacher', is missing from the single cd release...you have to get the MFSL gold double disc set for the entire selection that was on the original vinyl....YES..very collectible and expensive.

I still plan on chiming in with my Jethro Tull memories..and a little tidbitty encounter...

Teacher was also on the Benifit album.A great album indeed.

There is a Living in the Past DVD???!! I have the Living WITH the Past DVD and that is quite good.

I have a music documentary JT VHS. I think it was taped in the '80;s. There are interviews, performances, videos. Ian has this long beard. He didn't look as good as he does now. :)

Opps~typo~it is with the past~just got excited~it rocks!

Saw on amazon there are many other dvd's...hmmm V day is coming...might have 2 induldge myself~ :wub:

Thick As A Brick

Aqualung

Minstrel In The Gallery

Stormwatch

Crest Of a Knave

Geez, I could go on forever. JT is a phenomenal group. I have seen them several times best being the 30th anniversary tour were they literally played EVERYTHING ending up most fittingly with, "Wind Up"...

Just tremendous talent there...

Edited by Parish

Lots of people gave up on JT after "Stormwatch", but I say they kept on kickin' ass.....great band and Ian always BROUGHT that some kinda magic to the Tull sound!!!!

KEEP IT REAL TULL :) :)

I'm afraid I am one of those (saw them on stormwatch tour), but have recently bought some of the later stuff, love the song Mountain men (cant remeber which album), just dont think they were (are) as consistant in the later years.

But the Evan, Barlow, Palmer, Barre, Glascock et al band did display a certain amount of genius that I feel was never repeated.

I'm afraid I am one of those (saw them on stormwatch tour), but have recently bought some of the later stuff, love the song Mountain men (cant remeber which album), just dont think they were (are) as consistant in the later years.

But the Evan, Barlow, Palmer, Barre, Glascock et al band did display a certain amount of genius that I feel was never repeated.

I know where you're at, but as long as Ian plays his MAGIC flute, JT are big time! :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Mountain Men is on Crest of the Knave they won a well deserved Grammy for it even though many felt that it was just a give away Mettallica was up for it but i say the lp stands up well against anything they ever did.Steel Monkey,Farm is a Freeway, Budapest,Raising Steam,Mountain Men,She Said She Was A Dancer,Jump Start

JETHROTULL79FRTWORTHTX.jpg

TULL75NEWORLEANS.jpg

Tull Rocks have been a fan since 71 Went to my first Tull show in 75 ticket above have been to 8 so far but i am still alive so that could still increase

You can check out this site for setlists.

Ministry of Information

This particular show you attended is a popular bootleg called Dark Ages. Here is the setlist you heard.

30/4/79 Tarrant County Convention Center Fort Worth, Tx. USA

Dark Ages

Intro, No Lullaby, Sweet Dream, One Brown Mouse, Heavy Horses, My God (incl. flute solo), One White Duck/Pibroch (inst.), Songs From The Wood, Dark Ages, Instrumental, Cross-Eyed Mary, Thick As A Brick, Quatrain/Aqualung, Locomotive Breath/Dambusters March/Aqualung (reprise)