Jethro Tull

JethroTull

yep, all i get is images of the two CD release versions of the cover, the "Late Extra" version and the one with the Compact Disc logo on it. the only image of the original LP cover I've found i got from a link on Wikipedia, but it's a stained and bent cover. for now I've just settled on a nice image of the "Late Extra" version of the cover. it's not a big deal, but i'd rather have the original LP version of the cover. if i had a vinyl copy of the album and a scanner i'd be all set, but alas i do not...

How about this one?

Jt5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
yep, all i get is images of the two CD release versions of the cover, the "Late Extra" version and the one with the Compact Disc logo on it. the only image of the original LP cover I've found i got from a link on Wikipedia, but it's a stained and bent cover. for now I've just settled on a nice image of the "Late Extra" version of the cover. it's not a big deal, but i'd rather have the original LP version of the cover. if i had a vinyl copy of the album and a scanner i'd be all set, but alas i do not...

I take it you haven't searched Google Images then?

Here, I've done it for you:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&am...brick&gbv=2

4d21_1.JPG

Heh....Well that's a Friday morning flashback. Thanks to my brother, that 8 track was sitting next to the bed when I was 12. With 4 seperate tracks to share two songs, that album didn't lend itself to the 8 track format very well. fade-out....*click*....fade-in. Where's my matchbook ? :rolleyes:

tullcq4.jpg

Saw Tull & Trower here for $8.50. It wasn't sold out, so I moved up pretty close. Didn't see Tull again until Thanksgiving weekend 1991 at the Detoit Fox Theatre, and even though Ian was sick as a dog (he had the flu, and was excusing himself in the middle of songs to puke off the side of the stage), they put on a great show. It was only "bore 'em at the Forum" if you had to watch the same show 30 times. If you only see them once, they're great.

4d21_1.JPG

Heh....Well that's a Friday morning flashback. Thanks to my brother, that 8 track was sitting next to the bed when I was 12. With 4 seperate tracks to share two songs, that album didn't lend itself to the 8 track format very well. fade-out....*click*....fade-in. Where's my matchbook ? :rolleyes:

Correction...TAAB was one song (as was the follow-up, A Passion Play).

I was going through some of my scrapbooks and found some pictures from 77 Louisville KY thought you might like them. Not the best but still maybe worth a look.I am transferring Stormwatch and living in the past to cd from my old lp's today.

JethroTull_1977_022.jpg

JethroTull_1977_026-1.jpg

JethroTull_1977_020.jpg

Actually, one song with two parts.....and irrelevant now, due to bonus tracks.

It is ONE song. ONE, UNO. If you have some bizarre need to split it into parts based on the format it was released in, THAT is your problem. What do bonus tracks have to do with with any of this? Jesus, I'm starting to sound like _ _ _ _ _ _.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like _ _ _ _ _ _.

A raving Internet lunatic ?

Please....allow me to appease your constant analness on this beautiful Friday morning.....

Heh....Well that's a Friday morning flashback. Thanks to my brother, that 8 track was sitting next to the bed when I was 12. With 4 seperate tracks to share one song, that album didn't lend itself to the 8 track format very well. fade-out....*click*....fade-in. Where's my matchbook ?

or perhaps this will unclench your sphincter.....

Heh....Well that's a Friday morning flashback. Thanks to my brother, that album was sitting next to the bed when I was 12. With two album sides to share one song, that album didn't lend itself to the LP format very well. fade-out....*change sides*....fade-in.

You and Stevie should get a room.

A raving Internet lunatic ?

Please....allow me to appease your constant analness on this beautiful Friday morning.....

or perhaps this will unclench your sphincter.....

You and Stevie should get a room.

Sorry, but this was your original post.....TWO SONGS. Please don't quote and then change your original posts, that is troll behavior.

4d21_1.JPG

Sorry, but this was your original post.....TWO SONGS. Please don't quote and then change your original posts, that is troll behavior.

Hey i did that once.But i did not mean it in a bad way .I had just embarresed myself by making a stupid post .I did PM you anyway i am sorry for my earlier Trollisness .I have only been doing this posting stuff for a few months .

AL

Sorry, but this was your original post.....TWO SONGS.

For your sake, I think I'll start referring to them as "movements" instead of just parts. Hopefully, you're scheduled for one sometime before this weekend. :rolleyes:

But you're wrong Steve....You see, it's only solitaire.

It is ONE song. ONE, UNO. If you have some bizarre need to split it into parts based on the format it was released in, THAT is your problem. What do bonus tracks have to do with with any of this? Jesus, I'm starting to sound like J a h f i n

Here, let me help.

For your sake, I think I'll start referring to them as "movements" instead of just parts. Hopefully, you're scheduled for one sometime before this weekend. :rolleyes:

That's better. I was about to place you on my "permanent ignore" list, but your funny post changed my mind.

But you're wrong Steve....You see, it's only solitaire.

I KNEW that was the Stevie you were talking about!!

cool, thanks for all the pictures. as I said before, Google only shows the CD release versions of the TAAB cover, but I think I can crop that label from the 8-Track that someone posted. Thanks.

I do have another question though, concerning Jethro Tull's summer tour. This is the 40th Anniversary tour, and according to the band's website they'll be doing mostly material from the first 3 or 4 albums. I've never heard Tull live, but have heard they've basically been doing the standard "greatest hits" deal for the past few decades. They're coming pretty close to where I live and I was wondering if anyone thinks they'd be playing good enough to warrant grabbing a ticket and sacrificing a chance to see a couple other bands I like. I figure 40th Anniversary tours only come once, but I'd hate to get to the show and have it be a rather mediocre affair... glad to hear what anyone thinks.