page/plant '95 - authorized taping?

My tape of the 2nd New Orleans show in 95 may be somewhat marred in that everyone was screaming so loud that you can't hear House of the Rising Sun too well and that my friend and I were signing REALLY off key with the "ahh ahh" replys to Robert during Black Dog... but it makes for one hell of a souvenir. I loved the taping section concept.

Beats the hell out of any T-shirt!!!

I managed to get a video of both 95 shows in New Orleans and a audio of the New Orleans 98 show alright and numerous others to but those were the shows from the home area they always are a little more special to me.

I managed to get a video of both 95 shows in New Orleans and a audio of the New Orleans 98 show alright and numerous others to but those were the shows from the home area they always are a little more special to me.

This also makes me wonder about the "feed" to the video screens at the '95 and '98 shows. Were the cameras that gave us these "pictures" recorded? If so, wouln't there be "video" footage from almost everyone of the shows? I'm not a "techie", so I'm not sure how this stuff works...

My first post and I'm up on my soapbox:

I was at the San Jose show and one of the highlights was Robert Plant calling us "Santa Fe", It was a great show to see and hear though even if Robert didn't know where he was

Oldtimingman

Page & Plant have never performed in Santa Fe. You may have misheard him.

Did the authorized taping include video as well as audio? I just found out that a (partial) video exits of the 5/22/98 Miami show that I'm searching high & low for...

Hey, could someone explain Jimmy's San Jose "smoking in the bathroom incident"?! Thanks :)

Audio taping only. I have the Miami video and it's crap -- someone filmed the Jumbotron.

May 23 1995:

An intoxicated Page is detained (but not arrested despite his request to be) upon arrival for smoking in the lavatory of a United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Portland. He faced a $1,000 fine.

Audio taping only. I have the Miami video and it's crap -- someone filmed the Jumbotron.

May 23 1995:

An intoxicated Page is detained (but not arrested despite his request to be) upon arrival for smoking in the lavatory of a United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Portland. He faced a $1,000 fine.

Why did he request to be arrested?

My tape of the 2nd New Orleans show in 95 may be somewhat marred in that everyone was screaming so loud that you can't hear House of the Rising Sun too well and that my friend and I were signing REALLY off key with the "ahh ahh" replys to Robert during Black Dog... but it makes for one hell of a souvenir.

Beats the hell out of any T-shirt!!!

I was at this show. Yes the crowd was roaring so loud for what seemed like the entire show, it was like Beatlemania all over again. I think everyone at the show must have been ticket holders for the 77 Dome show that cancelled 3 days before the concert.

We were holding it in for all those years. :yay:

This also makes me wonder about the "feed" to the video screens at the '95 and '98 shows. Were the cameras that gave us these "pictures" recorded? If so, wouln't there be "video" footage from almost everyone of the shows? I'm not a "techie", so I'm not sure how this stuff works...

I dont know the answer but i you never know maybe we will get a suprize one day .

I dont know the answer but i you never know maybe we will get a suprize one day .

I have posted the answer to my Zeppelin Mysteries Thread in the Main Led Zeppelin Forum. This question comes up fairly often. The Earls Court '75 and 02 Arena concert filming is also addressed in the reply.

May 23 1995:

Thank you, Mr. Jones - my lonely search for Miami '98 shall go on then.

And I never even heard about that airplane incident before - poor Pagey!

• 7 years later...

Just came across this topic - I was in the tapers section at MSG in October '95. I was also near the tapers section at the 2nd New Orleans show on March 11.

Didn't Robert say on "Rockline" that they got the idea to have a taper's section after he and Jimmy went to a Grateful Dead show?

Does anybody else recall this? It was the "Rockline" interview Jimmy and Robert did right before the HOF Induction. I have it on a cassette buried somewhere.

Does anybody know the date of that Grateful Dead show? Did they just go to the show or did they hang with Jerry and the boys backstage?

-hercoflex

Just came across this topic - I was in the tapers section at MSG in October '95. I was also near the tapers section at the 2nd New Orleans show on March 11.

Didn't Robert say on "Rockline" that they got the idea to have a taper's section after he and Jimmy went to a Grateful Dead show?

Does anybody else recall this? It was the "Rockline" interview Jimmy and Robert did right before the HOF Induction. I have it on a cassette buried somewhere.

Does anybody know the date of that Grateful Dead show? Did they just go to the show or did they hang with Jerry and the boys backstage?

-hercoflex

On October 13, 1994, Jimmy & Robert attended the first of the Grateful Dead's six shows at Madison Square Garden and observed how they used taper's sections. They were in New York to promote the world premier of No Quarter.

The Rockline interview aired January 11, 1995 while they were in New York for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the search function and I hope this is under the correct thread. I have seen shorter versions of these but this is great IMHO!! To have this much actual video all together :-)

Thanks to datflys for the video. The first 30 minutes is soundcheck then the rest is live. For those who have not seen this, enjoy:-)

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant 1995 Pensacola First night Tour Rehearsal & Live from MTV Vault - MINT

Well what I can say is that I have great video with impeccable sound from the last 2 shows at MSG, 10/26, 10/27 ?? . I don't know

anything else but the taper/video shooter had to be in an ideal spot. I believe this was the second or third leg of the tour(European

2nd leg ??) and Page and Plant were in top form. In fact I remember on another Zep blog some had said that Page had played the

best Heartbreaker solo ever.

Well what I can say is that I have great video with impeccable sound from the last 2 shows at MSG, 10/26, 10/27 ?? . I don't know

anything else but the taper/video shooter had to be in an ideal spot. I believe this was the second or third leg of the tour(European

2nd leg ??) and Page and Plant were in top form. In fact I remember on another Zep blog some had said that Page had played the

best Heartbreaker solo ever.

Those were the last two shows in North America during their 1995-96 World Tour.

In fact the Atlanta show with Achilles I have on video but ridiculously enough half is stage shot, half video screen !!! and going back and

forth. As the tour progressed the playing got better and better, though not bad to begin with. My botched video IMO says whether

authorized or not, there's probably a tape/video for each show somewhere, although not necessarily good quality. But maybe the

shows that weren't authorized in some cases may have been very proactive and vigilant, really searching people, etc. I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the search function and I hope this is under the correct thread. I have seen shorter versions of these but this is great IMHO!! To have this much actual video all together :-)

Thanks to datflys for the video. The first 30 minutes is soundcheck then the rest is live. For those who have not seen this, enjoy:-)

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant 1995 Pensacola First night Tour Rehearsal & Live from MTV Vault - MINT

I have been going back and listening to dancing days and celebration day instrumentals, full summer sounding

Also the version of yallah, bring it on home, celebration day in concert..,great stuff. Interesting how the percussion was low and vocal high in yallah and with, friends, the guitar and bass were upfront giving it an interesting listen. The video art was cool to, dancing days too, until it cuts out. So cool how music can be illustrated like that with visuals.

I don't know why, but although the 95'/96' and 98' Page/Plant shows aren't exactly Zep, there are plenty of magic moments here, and

many of these shows have somehow fallen under the radar. The 95' versions of ITE were usually spectacular, with Plant dueling with

the exotic orchestras moaning Arabic style in a prolonged intro. And Page blazing away with the guitar and bow solos during HMMT

in 98'- amazing, and many thought Page couldn't play volcanic anymore. Don't stay away just because the rhythm section is not

FANTASTIC, like Zep, but still very good.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why, but although the 95'/96' and 98' Page/Plant shows aren't exactly Zep, there are plenty of magic moments here, and

many of these shows have somehow fallen under the radar. The 95' versions of ITE were usually spectacular, with Plant dueling with

the exotic orchestras moaning Arabic style in a prolonged intro. And Page blazing away with the guitar and bow solos during HMMT

in 98'- amazing, and many thought Page couldn't play volcanic anymore. Don't stay away just because the rhythm section is not

FANTASTIC, like Zep, but still very good.

I absolutely love the Page & Plant tours. At least the '95 and '96 shows anyway. I haven't been able to get into the '98 shows because I was disappointed that the orchestras were dropped. Plus knowing Plant wasn't as enthusiastic in '98 has also hindered me.

Archived