Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GibsonGirl

Your first Led Zeppelin album

312 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Led Zeppelin album you ever owned?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV (or whatever you want to call it)
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • The Song Remains The Same

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

I know we weren't all aroung in 1969 to get LZ I when it first came out, so I thought we could share whichever album it was that we got first. Mine was LZ II, still have very fond memories of that moment!

I know we weren't all aroung in 1969 to get LZ I when it first came out, so I thought we could share whichever album it was that we got first. Mine was LZ II, still have very fond memories of that moment!

Mine too!

My friend has presented it to me.

I also remember that the first song I've heard was Living Loving Maid !! :D

Mine was Zeppelin IV. It arrived from Amazon at my house on 1st December 2006.

As I just got into them last year and waited some time to buy my first cd of them, Mothership was my first LZ cd but as it isn't on the list I have to go with Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV, Houses Of The Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence and ITTOD because I bought them altogether :D

I got all of them at once when I was about 4. I became a self professed Zep fan at that age.

They were all vinyl too, I was allowed to actually use the turntable for obvious reason, but I could say they were mine.

My first was LZ II circa 1981, a friend of a freind lent it me and that was it...we had lift off !!! I had on tape for a while then got LZ, LZ II, LZ III and untitled 4th all in one go on record!!! Happy days :)

Edited by leddy

Led Zeppelin III

I wanted Led Zeppelin, but the music store I went to was out of everything except for a handful of III's... but within about 6 months I had everything officially released by the band :D

I remember the day my friend handed me Led Zeppelin IV. Changed me forever. I used to like Coldplay and Green Day before then! :blink:

Within a month I had bought I, III and HOTH and two days later I got IV and Coda.

Sorry, forgot to add Mothership, I wasn't really thinking that recent.

Edited by GibsonGirl

I bought all of them on the same day after I'd finished watching the Led Zeppelin DVD :D

*except for The Song Remains the Same, which I thought was a best-of compilation :lol:. I also got the BBC Sessions and How the West Was Won that day.

Edited by Kissandra

I was fortunate enough to find Led Zep III on vinyl at a thrift shop for under a dollar 15 years ago. The cover has a spinning picture that rotates under the main cover...is anyone else familiar with this version? Was it the way all the albums were originally released or was it limited? It looks great and still plays beautifully.

1st 8 track -I

1st Vinyl - TSRTS

1st- Cassette tape- Coda

1st- CD - Presence

1st MP3- Hey Hey what can I do.

My first LZ album was II.

And yes Living Loving Maid rocks.

From early 1969 to about the end of 1970 the Australian music industry (read as wankers) introduced a ban on all UK & US imports.

The objective was to promote local bands and record labels.

With the exception of a few underground record stores most of the albums were brought into the country by expats or service personnel on leave from Vietnam.

It was virtually impossible to get anything let alone Led Zeppelin I.

Consequently, we had the unusual situation where LZ II was released officially before LZ I.

Barely 10 years old, I brought my copy of KISS: Alive to school in 1976. Darin Senn, a classmate, scoffed at it and the next day brought the then new Song Remains the Same soundtrack to set me straight. Within the year I had all the albums (thanks dad! Ultimate b-day gift!). Never looked back. I was forever set on a course that became me. It defined me. Still does, despite myself.

I was fortunate enough to find Led Zep III on vinyl at a thrift shop for under a dollar 15 years ago. The cover has a spinning picture that rotates under the main cover...is anyone else familiar with this version? Was it the way all the albums were originally released or was it limited? It looks great and still plays beautifully.

Yes a real collectors item.

Led Zeppelin IV on vinyl.

I got it from a record fair in 1984 along with AC/DC's "Back In Black". Those two were the very first rock albums I bought. I also bought a bootleg of one of their early gigs from 1968 on cassette that day too, which I still have.

Physical Graffiti. Twice the amount of music for your hard-earned dollar. :D

(well ok, I bought it with my allowance when I was 11. I'm not sure how hard-earned that money was. :lol: )

1st 8 track -I

1st Vinyl - TSRTS

1st- Cassette tape- Coda

1st- CD - Presence

1st MP3- Hey Hey what can I do.

So which of those was first?snicker.gif

From early 1969 to about the end of 1970 the Australian music industry (read as wankers) introduced a ban on all UK & US imports.

The objective was to promote local bands and record labels.

With the exception of a few underground record stores most of the albums were brought into the country by expats or service personnel on leave from Vietnam.

It was virtually impossible to get anything let alone Led Zeppelin I.

Consequently, we had the unusual situation where LZ II was released officially before LZ I.

Really, thats fascinating. I find it hard to believe, but nothing suprises me with the industry here. Thats probably how AC/DC came aboutsnicker.gif. I didn't think that LZ I would have been released simultaneously here anyway, it always takes a bit longer for those sorts of this to make their way down under.

IV, back in 1971 (1972?, can't tell for sure)

Yes I have that on mine too !!!

I was. :'(

Led Zep I was my first LZ album-the 8 track cassette version for my car 8 track player, that slid in and out from where it was mounted under my dashboard - so no one would steal it out of my car. Great little gadget at the time.

P.S. Instead, a few year later, all my 8 tracks were stolen out of my car. :mad:

Edited by PlantOneOnMe

My first was LZ I, and I remember I was feared to listen to II because I thought it couldn't be so beatiful as I....but it was...

LZ IV was the first LZ album I bought; I think I was 13 (late 70s).