Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GibsonGirl

Your first Led Zeppelin album

312 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Led Zeppelin album you ever owned?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV (or whatever you want to call it)
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • The Song Remains The Same

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

the first ledzep cd that i bought was z1,2,3,4,houses,and in through the out door all at the same time at hmv a year ago.when i came home i listened to them all.i later got physical graffiti,and presence.i didnt think coda was worth buying because it was made after j.b died so i dont consider it a true zep album besides its not that good any way.

First heard Zep back in 1972. Still rocking me till this day! B)

"Led Zeppelin III"! It was the first album of LZ I ever heard when I was 6....I got hooked forever!

IV. :)

I work at a movie rental store and got to talking about Zep with a customer and he said he had an extra copy of the album and ended up giving it to me! :D

When I was fourteen, I purchased an 8-track tape of Led Zeppelin II off of a friend. The running order was different, and they split Ramble On into two parts, but it didn't matter. It was enough to get me hooked, and I've been hooked ever since!

My first Led Zeppelin albums were all the studio albums and the box set from 1990. Ordered them from BMG Music Service after I watched Led Zeppelin VH1 Legends back in 1999. Never regreted it since. :D

I was fortunate enough to find Led Zep III on vinyl at a thrift shop for under a dollar 15 years ago. The cover has a spinning picture that rotates under the main cover...is anyone else familiar with this version? Was it the way all the albums were originally released or was it limited? It looks great and still plays beautifully.

well, one of the million copies released but a very nice record as well

My first LZ was LZIV on a tape, I guess around 1972/3 presented me by a some kind-of-cousin. It changed my music taste (I loved Suzi Quatro ...!!)

Now, more than 30 years later, I've almost 125 different copies / editions of that album (record / cd) ... <_<

well, one of the million copies released but a very nice record as well

My first LZ was LZIV on a tape, I guess around 1972/3 presented me by a some kind-of-cousin. It changed my music taste (I loved Suzi Quatro ...!!)

Now, more than 30 years later, I've almost 125 different copies / editions of that album (record / cd) ... <_<

Thought might like these, they're from Russia.

zepiiwj5.jpgzepiiiia0.jpg

ivussrbh3.jpgvussrvr5.jpg

It was Presence. One of the first albums I ever bought, and it was new at the time. B)

Zep II. Heard a teacher play it in a class, and after hearing "Kashmir" about a week earlier....i never looked back. I have all the albums and then some now.

For me it was technically the Remasters double disk album, you know the one with the crop circles on it. And from there the collection grew, but I cannot remember the first one I bought. Probably Led Zeppelin II, yeah I think it was.

IV, back in 1971 (1972?, can't tell for sure)

Led Zeppelin II on vinyl. I played the hell of it everyday when I got home from school. That was my homework, not Algebra! I was 15 and the year was 1988. Also the year of my first concert -Jimmy Page Outrider at the New Orleans Municipal Auditorium. Great album start to finish , like most Zeppelin records......

Edited by Rock Historian

Mine was the first album, back in '71 when I was 14. I'd been a Zep fan for a few years because a friend of mine was big into FM radio and had introduced me to the band. For those of you who can remember FM back in those days, it was just the coolest thing in the world, wasn't it? My parents weren't too big into buying us music in those days, so it wasn't until I got my first job sweeping up at a tailor shop that I was able to purchase the album on vinyl.

It was kind of between the first album and the just released fourth album, and I chose the first. For some odd reason, the next paycheck I wound up trying to decide between The fourth Zep and Alice Cooper's Killer, and I chose Killer. :blink: Looking back, it was a nice album too, but not in the same class as the fourth Zep!

To be young and have to make those types of world changing choices again..... B)

Led Zep II was the first ... family visiting always involved me and my cousin being made to 'play' together. He's 5 years older than me, and we could never have been called close! He bought LZ II and on the next visit suggested we could listen to records ... I still to this day think he thought I'd hate it and finally he would be rid of me! :D If that was his cunning plan plan it went well wrong ... I borrowed the album and I still have it! :D

I was 12 back in 1969 ... He'd have been 17.

I did own up to still having it a couple of years back ... he said I could keep it ... he'd gone off them which just shows he has no taste whatsoever !!!! He didn't catch on that I was only owning up and had no intention of giving it up!!! :D

Mine's was actually the Mothership collection but the first real album I bought after that was Houses of the Holy.

I was fortunate enough to find Led Zep III on vinyl at a thrift shop for under a dollar 15 years ago. The cover has a spinning picture that rotates under the main cover...is anyone else familiar with this version? Was it the way all the albums were originally released or was it limited? It looks great and still plays beautifully.

As far as I know they all had the spinning wheel. That was such a cool cover!

Mine was HOTH. It was awsome sitting in a smoke filled room jamming on The Ocean and Dancing Days!

Led Zep II & 4 both together only around 2 or 3 years ago when i first got into them.

lol, what do I do? Mines not on the list!

The year was 1997 and the release was BBC Sessions...

... but before you question my true level of fan-ness, let me remind you that I was just 11 years old in 1997. B)

Out of the original studio cuts though, I bought Led Zeppelin I, II, III & "IV" all at the same time... (I can't remember which one the lady at the checkout scanned first :()

I discovered Led Zep through Led Zep II on vynyl (that was my father's) in the late 70's but I never listened their music regularly until the late 80's (I was 12 I think).

I bought my own Led Zep II vynyl in a flea market in 1994. I remember I especially liked the "surround" effects in Whole Lotta Love.

First ZP album i bought was Zep IV . It was around 1992

It was in 1976: TSRTS.

I was 14 years old and the best what I have belonged till then.