Most Under-rated Zep Track

Nobody`s Fault But Hers

I`m talking here about songs that never made the Mothership or Remasters collection. Songs that you think should be on any "Best of" album and why. I`ll throw a few names in the hat.....

Bring It on Home - probably the fattest, meatiest guitar riff I`ve ever heard and every time I play it I just have to turn the volume up a little bit more.

Four Sticks - easily, the finest rhythm section in rock performing what no other rhythm section has dared to pull off since. Awesome beat, rocking electric guitar riff supplemented beautifully by the accoustic interludes, and some of the most powerful vocals ever put to vinyl.

The Rover - played this to a few uneducated younger mates recently. After a few seconds, every one of them was either tapping their feet, bopping their heads, or air-drumming the beat above the poker table with their hands. Spoke volumes.

Ditto again! It is such a cool song, different but really good.

Had Bonzo lived and Zep were able to do their 1980/81 US tour: I really hope Carouselambra would've been on the set list. I know a lot of fans dont like this song simply because of the keyboard/synth sounds...my reply to that is: WHO CARES! Listen to the overall composition, the structure, I believe this was a complex endeavor and would have been the next epic Zep song, ie, Kashmir, Achilles, etc...and no, I'm not saying it is better or evern similar...just one of their epic endeavors...The lyrics are excellent, accessable and understandable...and that unbelievable slowed down middle section! "Where did you come from, where did you go..." which yes, I know that is a paraphrase...but, imho, the BEST song of ITTOD ("I'm Gonna Crawl") a close second!

I believe had Bonzo lived and Zep was able to do their 1980/81 US tour: I really hope Carouselambra would've been on the set list. I know a lot of fans dont like this song simply because of the keyboard/synth sounds...my reply to that is: WHO CARES! Listen to the overall composition, the structure, I believe this was a complex endeavor and would have been the next epic Zep song, ie, Kashmir, Achilles, etc...and no, I'm not saying it is better or evern similar...just one of their epic endeavors...The lyrics are excellent, accessable and understandable...and that unbelievable slowed down middle section! "Where did you come from, where did you go..." which yes, I know that is a paraphrase...but, imho, the BEST song of ITTOD ("I'm Gonna Crawl") a close second!

my vote's for Crawl....painful beautiful song

my vote's for Crawl....painful beautiful song

indeed, i think i may have listed this as one of my selections in the "saddest song" thread...and if I didn't, I should have! Pure class and pain...and of course, their actual coda as far as studio stuff is concerned...

i would love so much for them to make something new, so "Crawl" would no longer have that sad designation...

Had Bonzo lived and Zep were able to do their 1980/81 US tour: I really hope Carouselambra would've been on the set list. I know a lot of fans dont like this song simply because of the keyboard/synth sounds...my reply to that is: WHO CARES! Listen to the overall composition, the structure, I believe this was a complex endeavor and would have been the next epic Zep song, ie, Kashmir, Achilles, etc...and no, I'm not saying it is better or evern similar...just one of their epic endeavors...The lyrics are excellent, accessable and understandable...and that unbelievable slowed down middle section! "Where did you come from, where did you go..." which yes, I know that is a paraphrase...but, imho, the BEST song of ITTOD ("I'm Gonna Crawl") a close second!

I am listening to Carouselambra right now!! It is just an awesome song and I agree with you 100%. I like that they did something different with their sound on ITTOD. I also really love Hot Dog!! I know alot of people don't but that is another one that they were having fun with and it just makes me feel good and it is a cool sing along tune. I would love to see that one done live also. :thumbsup:

The Rover is their most underrated song ever IMO. One of their best and heaviest songs ever. Never played in concert, never present on a "Best of" compilation. Never mentioned in interviews. Never released as a single. Never (well, almost) played on the radio. First written as an acoustic piece in 1970, but never released. Then recorded as an electric track in 1972 but not included in the studio album for which it had been recorded (Houses of the Holy). Only released in 1975 on PG.

No idea why they never performed it live (apart from the one famous soundcheck).

Bring It on Home - probably the fattest, meatiest guitar riff I`ve ever heard and every time I play it I just have to turn the volume up a little bit more.

Amen brother! This is currently, once again, my top tune.

Livin' Lovin' Maid anyone? Even the band themselves don't rate that one. Rifferific!

Archived