gh4?

spike123131

I don't think it will happen, those games just don't pay the kind of money that Zeppelin commands. Plus I can't imagine the band would be exited about a re-record and i can't see them letting them use the master or going back into the studio to re-record it (ala the Sex Pistols). Thus far they've allowed almost NO synchronization uses.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Almost Famous

Cadillac Ad

School Of Rock

Verizon Wireless ads.

All of those were for huge money (Cadillac), favors (Cameron Crowe) of self promotion (Verizon wireless). They stand to make a fortune from ringtones as they control their master recordnings so the ions share of the money will go to the band. We're talking probably in the range of 50% per download. Possibly higher.

I say it won't happen.

No Freakin' Way, I like many.... would love to see them do a viable tour with a viable album to go with it. Having said that, they do not have to go the sell out route. If any or all of the band agree to this kind of crap... I'll be the first one to quit this forum. Enough already. We all can ,or could sell ourselves for sheer profit but... that's all we would be doing. This band has a legacy that clearly not all on this forum fully understand. But that's OK. If your young it's actually quite understandable. Listen to some of the people on the forum, that really care Ie Steve AJones, MSG , Knebby, Joelman ,,Jahfin and others. We argue and debate... sometimes even passionatly, but we all agree that Led Zepppelin is a whole lot more than some brand that get's shuffled out as a BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL at KMart

No Freakin' Way, I like many.... would love to see them do a viable tour with a viable album to go with it. Having said that, they do not have to go the sell out route. If any or all of the band agree to this kind of crap... I'll be the first one to quit this forum. Enough already. We all can ,or could sell ourselves for sheer profit but... that's all we would be doing. This band has a legacy that clearly not all on this forum fully understand. But that's OK. If your young it's actually quite understandable. Listen to some of the people on the forum, that really care Ie Steve AJones, MSG , Knebby, Joelman ,,Jahfin and others. We argue and debate... sometimes even passionatly, but we all agree that Led Zepppelin is a whole lot more than some brand that get's shuffled out as a BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL at KMart

Ally, you say we could all sell ourselves for sheer profit, well if one works for a living one does already.

Today I was checking out a local music store and most of Zeps cd's were selling for around $10.00,

except Mothership & TSRTS.

So far on this forum I have read a lot of puerile comments such as:

my band is better than yours.

this song is better than that song.

Robert Plant is selfish because he is pursuing other interests above any LZ reunion

and so it goes on.

I'll quit this forum etc.

Most of the commentary is from people who were either too young to even know the band or

those old enough to know better and won't let go.

Some don't even get or want to get Led Zeppelin, period.

Fact 1: They are arguably the most bootlegged band in history

Fact 2: Since the advent of mobile or cellphones and other music players many artists music have been downloaded or shared illegally

I think its about time they were partially repaid for being ripped off by the so called fans (some of whom may well be members of this forum), who profited off them by selling to the fans who only ever appreciated the music.

Whats the big deal with allowing songs on Guitar Hero?

There are people who may not be able to play an instrument that would like to experience playing their music in some way.

Check out this link:

www.petitiononline.com/guitar22/petition.html

Led Zeppelin disbanded after Bonzo passed away they did not break up for any other reason.

Led Zeppelins legacy is the music and if this is another way of getting it out there so be it.

And yes they should be paid for it are you familiar with the concept of Intellectual Property?

Lets hope they do record new material and tour.

Nobody is more passionate about this band than I am, have been for 40 years and will be until I die.

Ally, you say we could all sell ourselves for sheer profit, well if one works for a living one does already.

Today I was checking out a local music store and most of Zeps cd's were selling for around $10.00,

except Mothership & TSRTS.

So far on this forum I have read a lot of puerile comments such as:

my band is better than yours.

this song is better than that song.

Robert Plant is selfish because he is pursuing other interests above any LZ reunion

and so it goes on.

I'll quit this forum etc.

Most of the commentary is from people who were either too young to even know the band or

those old enough to know better and won't let go.

Some don't even get or want to get Led Zeppelin, period.

Fact 1: They are arguably the most bootlegged band in history

Fact 2: Since the advent of mobile or cellphones and other music players many artists music have been downloaded or shared illegally

I think its about time they were partially repaid for being ripped off by the so called fans (some of whom may well be members of this forum), who profited off them by selling to the fans who only ever appreciated the music.

Whats the big deal with allowing songs on Guitar Hero?

There are people who may not be able to play an instrument that would like to experience playing their music in some way.

Check out this link:

www.petitiononline.com/guitar22/petition.html

Led Zeppelin disbanded after Bonzo passed away they did not break up for any other reason.

Led Zeppelins legacy is the music and if this is another way of getting it out there so be it.

And yes they should be paid for it are you familiar with the concept of Intellectual Property?

Lets hope they do record new material and tour.

Nobody is more passionate about this band than I am, have been for 40 yearst and will be until I die.

I see your point ,but I just don't think that it would be the right thing to do. I don't mind them profiting...shit ...they've done that.. and selling Zeppelin...Christ... I'm not that naive..this , for me is not about how far do you go. Maybe I'm stuck in the past,.... sure seems like a good placr to be

I see your point ,but I just don't think that it would be the right thing to do. I don't mind them profiting...shit ...they've done that.. and selling Zeppelin...Christ... I'm not that naive..this , for me is not about how far do you go. Maybe I'm stuck in the past,.... sure seems like a good placr to be

Change that...My bad... It is about how far youu go

I recall someone from The Doors (I think) saying that the reason they wouldn't let their songs appear in movies, ads, etc, was because people grew up to that music, lost their virginity to that music, fell in love to that music, got married to that music, in short: made memories to that music. the music was so much more than something that could be trotted out to sell crap. pairing a song with an ad is like hijacking someone's memories in an attempt to make it easier to sell them something. I think the same thing applies to Led Zeppelin. they've been a royal pain in the ass to just about everyone who's ever wanted to use their music for almost 40 years, why stop the tradition now?

plus, we wouldn't want these posers playing guitar hero to feel bad about themselves when they can't play the songs, would we?

pairing a song with an ad is like hijacking someone's memories in an attempt to make it easier to sell them something. I think the same thing applies to Led Zeppelin. they've been a royal pain in the ass to just about everyone who's ever wanted to use their music for almost 40 years, why stop the tradition now?

Didn't LZ allow Cadillac to use Rock and Roll for an advertising campaign in the US?

I suppose it was for free!?

I say good for them.

plus, we wouldn't want these posers playing guitar hero to feel bad about themselves when they can't play the songs, would we?

I'm just commenting on how all the good music always gets balled up in advertising and all that other crap. I never said I liked the cadillac ad, that was in the same vein. you wouldn't watch an advertisement while on an intimate date would you? you'd listen to nice music. these bands are just whoring out their art for a few extra bucks that they probably don't even need. I've always wondered why if guitar hero is so fun, why not just grab a guitar and learn it properly? then you'd actually have a talent to show off and gain some satisfaction from.

I reckon led zep should let guitar hero use one of their songs. but Zep can be stubborn sometimes about people & companies use thier songs so it not likely. But if they did they should use black dog or immigrant song.

NO WAY! Guys you can think that i am behind the times but i hate that silly game and i never would love to hear Led Zeppelin let them to use one of their songs for game. That game is just an imaginary waste of time!!! What is player's benefit? I really don't get it, I adduce playing real instruments are more cheery and totally real.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived