Top song off of Zeppelin II?  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zeppelin II song.....

• Whole Lotta Love
    • What Is and What Should Never Be
    • The Lemon Song
    • Thank You
    • Heartbreaker
    • Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
    • Ramble On
    • Moby Dick
    • Bring It On Home

I love the Lemon song. It has such positive sexual energy. It has so much soul. I love the whole Led Zep 2 era. Everything was right on the money.

If I had a band. I can tell you that Led Zep 2 would be a blueprint. Along with James Browns music of the same time.

Mc7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to really think about this one...and I still feel like I've betrayed the other songs...but I ended up with Whole Lotta Love. This is just a song that stops you in your track, then twist you in all directions...Putting the CD on right now!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as the studio tracks go definately Ramdle On for me, that was actually the first song of theres that grabbed by attension in the Zep starved wilderness of early 90's england. Such a well put together track that features the best of all the members, nice fills from Bonzo, a great lyrical bassline from JPJ, two short but sweet solo's by Page plus Plant switching between folk and rock as only he can.

Live its much harder to pick, WLL was arguebley there greatest live showcase but I'm not sure I'd count the medleys that made up those performances as the track itself. If you don';t then I'd geuss it would be between Thank You and Bring It On Home, both turned into powerhouses live and I wish they'd been played more often but I may just go with the former which contained so of Page's best ever solo's for me.

• 1 month later...

Bring it on Home.

It was a song that wasn't overplayed and I love the way it starts slow and bluesy - Plants voice is so guttural - then Jimmy just kicks it into high gear with the most awesome riff. If you haven't listened to it in a while, it's worth a listen.

• 1 month later...

I had to really think about this one...and I still feel like I've betrayed the other songs...but I ended up with Whole Lotta Love. This is just a song that stops you in your track, then twist you in all directions...Putting the CD on right now!!!!

Wise Words from a wise woman

• 3 weeks later...

Archived