Blues Thread

eagle87

This is very cool, I love Blind Blake. No modern guitarists have ever been able to get this stuff right. Even Ry Cooder fumbles through stuff like this, it's a mofo to get this down.

Thankfully, there are still some that try their darndest. I enjoy Jorma Kaukonen's version of "Police Dog Blues" on his "Quah" album very much.

Another good one.

Thankfully, there are still some that try their darndest. I enjoy Jorma Kaukonen's version of "Police Dog Blues" on his "Quah" album very much.

Both great clips! Love the Freddie King song. I've been listening to him a lot lately.

Edited by ninelives

Both great clips! Love the Freddie King song. I've been listening to him a lot lately.

Me too. I actually stumbled across that on youtube because I was interested in seeing how others were playing that song, I recently decided to add it to my repertoire. I was surprised at how many smokin' versions were on youtube, Chris Duarte absolutely wails on that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLyVvd97bA

Me too. I actually stumbled across that on youtube because I was interested in seeing how others were playing that song, I recently decided to add it to my repertoire. I was surprised at how many smokin' versions were on youtube, Chris Duarte absolutely wails on that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLyVvd97bA

Yes he does too. It's great to check out different people's interpretation of songs. What other Freddie King albums do you have? I have "King of the Blues".

Can anyone help me?

I see all these links to videos. Is there a site to upload music to that can be listened to in a streaming presentation, not a download?

I notice that many songs have a video someone has created, but some youtube links seem to feature the music with minimal video like the uploader had an audio motive.

Any sites that someone knows of for audio only?

Hey look folks Sneaky Pete is here. Back from the dead eh?

Check out soundclick.com

I signed up but the problem is that I wanted to post music that's not mine and there's copywrite problems with that.

I was looking for a place just to upload various music to be listened to.

Ah. What music do you want to post that a link can't be found somewhere? It'd have to be pretty rare to not be able to dig up. Did you try to search for it on youtube?

Edited by danelectro

Check out 15 yr old Shuggie Otis killing it on guitar on this one, he was a bad mofo. I completely forgot about Kooper Session until I ran across this on youtube. The 2nd clip is X-rated so use caution.

His first solo album is great too.. Quite experimental.

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it. All the members of the band are white. Not that that matters but the vocalist sure sounds like one of those old authentic black blues artists John Hammond would've discovered in the cotton fields of Mississippi. He's also the slide guitarist on the song.

I did enjoy it. I'm always hungry to hear new things or even old things that would be new to me :D

Good!

Here's what may be the earliest known Cream recording. It's Crossroads from their November 15, 1966 show at a place called Klooks Kleek in London England. It's taken from vinyl so pops are present and the recording is old, but still very enjoyable to listen to. It's not a drawn out version, but quick and to the point. This is about 1 1/2 years before the classic version of Crossroads by Cream you're used to hearing.

Also a 192k mp3.

Cream 11-15-66 Crossroads

That Cream show is excellent, their cover over Wolf's Meet Me In The Bottom may be the best thing ever to come from the 60's Brit Blooze scene. This is why EC deserves his immense rep.

Good!

Here's what may be the earliest known Cream recording. It's Crossroads from their November 15, 1966 show at a place called Klooks Kleek in London England. It's taken from vinyl so pops are present and the recording is old, but still very enjoyable to listen to. It's not a drawn out version, but quick and to the point. This is about 1 1/2 years before the classic version of Crossroads by Cream you're used to hearing.

Also a 192k mp3.

Cream 11-15-66 Crossroads

:cheer: Awesome. That was fantastic. I love the pops and vinyl sounds by the way ;) Ahh to have been old enough to have attended shows like this...

That Cream show is excellent, their cover over Wolf's Meet Me In The Bottom may be the best thing ever to come from the 60's Brit Blooze scene. This is why EC deserves his immense rep.

Equally awesome!

It really is! I don't mind a ruffled recording when the playing is so fantastic. He was scorching while Jack and Ginger just played basic. They didn't do their flamboyent playing yet, more support for Eric.

Here's a couple more gems. First staying with the Robert Johnson tunes.

Rolling Stones from their famous "Live at Leeds" show March 13, 1971 of Love in Vain.

192K mp3

Stones Love in Vain 3-13-71

And Jimi Hendrix from his famous Royal Albert Hall concert February 24, 1969, Bleeding Heart. This the full Experience, Noel Redding on bass. I honestly feel he was underated as a bassist. He only took on the bass from being a guitarist first, at Chas Chandler's direction. This one is a little longer, like 10 or 11 minutes.

192k mp3

Hendrix Bleeding Heart 2-24-69

I'm in music heaven! Those were also fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing them :)

This may turn into a "post some of your favorite blues recordings" thread.

I've read the rules and we can't post Led Zeppelin bootleg links but other bands seem ok, right?

Nothing wrong with post your favorite blues :D I don't know about other bands. I guess you could PM the mods and just double check. I think people have with no issue but I don't want to say it's okay and it not be!

I won't bother. If there's an issue I'm sure I'd hear about it. Till then, we'll rock (blues) on!

Thank you for the feedback.

Go for it and I shall search for some of my faves - I'm technically challenged and those hosting sites such as what you did I can't make heads or tails out of, so I'll have to rely on YouTube :slapface::D

Old Blues is some of my favorite and Son House is right up there. The real folk blues.

I have a another I'll post later that is similar to that Son House, Death Letter song. It's called Aberdeen, by The Snakes, that 32-20 song I posted this afternoon.

I'm a huge fan of old blues - Son House, Robert Johnson, Bukka White, Skip James, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, to name a few. I admit to not being too familiar with more contemporary players but I'm working on it.

One of my favorite blues artists - Son House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jN5vqEyV7g

Unreal stuff for sure, one of my faves. It's super hard to play in that style, those reso's tear your hands up if you beat on 'em like that.

Did you know that after Son was rediscovered Alan Wilson from Canned Heat had to teach him how to play his songs again. Son was sick and suffering from alcoholism. The crazy thing about that is as sharp as he was about blues Alan was sick himself, just a few years later he was found dead. There are some bootlegs out there of Alan playing in the hospital after his first od\ suicide. It is some of the most amazingly authentic country blues ever recorded. He was a different kind of guy.