Blues Thread

eagle87

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^Thanks for posting that Deb......it's really nice to see up and coming kids like that and the way they are mentored by the those that have been around awhile. Kinda like Joe and BB King. The kid is 12 now and still playing some hot licks. His voice will need to settle as he gets older.

• 4 weeks later...

"Red, White & Blues" a PBS special will air on February 27th on PBS at 9pm. The evening will include program host Taraji P. Henson and performances by Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark, Jr., Shemekia Copeland, Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, with Booker T. Jones as music director and band leader.

http://www.pbs.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen it in a while but I've always enjoyed Folkways on WUNC. This particular segment was shot in Tarboro, NC where I lived for a while (about one year too long). It's not a bad place or anything, just not a whole lot goes on there so I could see where it might give someone the blues. Part of my survival technique was taking solace in the fact that when Jack Kerouac lived in nearby Rocky Mount, he would disappear into the woods for long periods of time only to emerge with another book. I remember watching this piece when I was living in Tarboro and getting a huge kick out of Higgs' comment about Speed, NC being "a slow town with a fast name".