Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I just noticed we must need this again.

See, I get all caught up in this board sometimes, and you sit here when no one is posting and it is dull as a bad kitchen knife, so as soon as someone posts you feel like telling them this or that.

That's when I back off the pc and take a break.

Come back, and people are still bitching but you can find a few new things. :lol:

I refuse to let some dingbat get me mad. Life is too sweet to get into it.

Though I do want to sometimes.

K, my pet peeve right now?

Petty doesn't have us on his tour. :angry:

*edited so Aqua doesn't get pissed at me for spelling.* :lol:

My short list of pet peeves:

Sales clerks/cashiers who are spending more time talking to somebody else than giving good service

People who drive too fast in parking lots (for shit sake people slow the fuck down)

Panhandlers and homeless people with signs that say "give my lazy drunken ass your hard earned money" -- while I am driving my tired ass to work.

Richard Simmons

Dog owners who allow their animals to bark ALL FUCKING NIGHT AND ALL FUCKING DAY.

Loud talking stay at home thophy wives on their fucking cell phones talking about nothing but airhead bullshit while I am trying to drink my coffee and eat my #2 breakfast special at the local diner.

Crying babies and their parents in resturaunts with their fucking five bags of luggage full of diapers , baby powders and tit milk all over the place and acting like everyone in the fucking world is just so happy to experience their family in all its fucked up glory. HIRE A FUCKING BABYSIITTER!

People who talk in movie theaters.

People who breath too loud in movie theaters.

People in movie theaters in general bug the shit out me.

Paying taxes that go to helping people who haven't made a correct life choice in THEIR ENTIRE LIVES!

Pantyhose (what kind of monster figured out that fucking modern day chastity belt?)

Cheerleaders who continue to do those stupid cheers when their team is down 47 to nothing. SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP! Or at least start sweeping up or something useful... sheesh.

The 'Lets Play Atlas Thread' -- (pretty self explanitory)

People who come up behind you while you are waiting in some really long ridiculous line at the video rental store (with the stupid clerk bullshiting with her friend and taking forever), and this idiot comes up while holding a crying baby and talking on her cell phone to some other waste of DNA on the phone... and asks, " Excuse me but is this the end of the line?"

... and I left my gun at home.

DAMN, I hate it when that happens!

:D

I tried to sign up for courses a while ago, and all courses on American Literature were full a minute after eight....well, not all, three of them. The other two we were supposed to choose from weren't even on the list. I guess I'm not the only one pulling my hair right now. AAAAARGH!

Blimey Del, dont hold back.

Real ale buffs, now I like real ales but there is a line.

I say Lucian, this Tharkels old gutbuster is really hoppy with nutty overtones, landlord may I just taste the Ramsbottoms Sheep shagger for comparison.............F*ck off and let me get to the bar you bearded muppet.

People on trains talking too loudly on their phones trying to look and sound important.

OK Roger, will be in the office in ten for some brainstorming

Two miutes later

Its me again Rog just rang to say the ledgers are in the top of my oak desk next to my leather chair, with you in 8

7.5 minutes later

Its me again Rog, just getting off the train

Get the picture...........wankers

I'm in a good mood at the moment, so this may be a short list. I might come back with more when someone or something has really pissed me off! I suspect I may be about to upset a few people here, so apologies in advance, but it is a "pet peeves" thread after all!

1. Smokers. Just don't. Or if you really must, stay in your own home.

2. Smokers part 2. Don't clog up the streets with your butt ends (why is it that smokers don't consider them to be litter? That one's always baffled me). And as for flicking them out of your car window - HELLO?! You have an ashtray, use it.

3. People (sorry to say it's usually women) who don't know how to give way/go at mini roundabouts. It's not complicated, for goodness' sake.

4. BMW drivers. This may be a contentious one, but I'm sorry, I've never come across one who isn't a git. A few tips: Firstly, the outside lane of the motorway isn't actually reserved for you. Secondly, those funny little stalks next to your steering wheel are used to switch on those things called "indicators". They enable other people to know what you're planning to do next - but only if you use them. Oh, and finally, if you want to leave the motorway at the next junction, do us all a favour and get in the right lane BEFORE you actually reach the exit. That way you won't have to cut across three lanes of traffic at high speed, causing everyone else to have to brake.

As you may have guessed, I spend a lot of time in my car ... ! Maybe I need to walk or use public transport instead. It might be better for my blood pressure ...

Think I'd better go for a lie down now ... my good mood seems to have evaporated. :lol:

Bosses who take the frustrations of their lousy personal life out on their employees. Especially my boss. I do not care to listen to you ramble mindlessly along about Second Life and the men you're playing head games with there. I know you're miserable every single day of your existence, but really its not my fault so quit sniping at me every two seconds for things you actually have to make up in order to have something to complain about.

Men complaining about having to buy a gift for Valentine's Day for their lady. We know its a made-up holiday, but most women like a little romance and it won't kill you to do something romantic, I promise. I've listened to my one of my salesman complaining about it this morning.......I told him to buy her a card anf flowers and get over it. I suggested he make her a nice dinner but he thinks that would be too much trouble. :huh:

I was going to have a much longer list but reading Del's post in here just put me in too good of a mood!

People who drive like they're in a fucking NASCAR race..

People who don't listen to you,but merely let you talk.

Customers at my job who think I can be of help;EVEN WHEN I'VE TOLD THEM I CAN'T!!!

People who post in chat-speak

Blind followers of anything.

Spats

1. Smokers. Just don't. Or if you really must, stay in your own home.

2. Smokers part 2. Don't clog up the streets with your butt ends-I don't do that

And as for flicking them out of your car window I don't do that either- HELLO?! You have an ashtray, use it. I do;but thanks for the tip.

People who attempt to treat me like a second-class citizen because I smoke.

*Rubs hands together gleefully;lights a Marlboro*

Today is a good day for this

Drivers who speed up when I signal a lane change/merge,as if we're in a fucking NASCAR race.(This is why I stopped using turn signals)

Dial up

Really BAD cover-versions of great songs (Ex."Behind Blue Eyes")

McDonalds (Disgusting food;nauseating marketing,just general hatred)

Disney-see above

The idea that radio as an industry thinks we as a people want to hear the same fucking "box of records" OVER AND OVER!!!!Allegedly,this idea comes from surveys.My question is this-WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY ASKING!!!Not me!!

And along the same vein:

The fact that the following bands still get airplay-

Motley Crue

Def Leppard

Scorpions

Anything from the '80s (with a few exceptions)

All music sounding the same

"Dream On"

The fact that my typing is so slow

When it's slow as can be at work,until 4:00PM

People who misspell "Zeppelin"

Commercials in general;especially three or four in a row for the same fucking thing!!!

Drive thru pickup windows:

------the speaker so quiet you can't hear it

-------or so distorted and loud you can't hear it(you'd think that with todays' available technology;there would be A DECENT DRIVE-THRU SPEAKER!!!!!!

-------the food thown all over the bag

--------being asked three or four times;by at least two people to verify your order;only to discover much too later it' STILL WRONG!!!!!

Glue that doesn't really stick;or glue you have to hold in place forever;just to get it to bond

People who drive convertibles with the top down;and the windows up.I should be allowed by law;upon observing this bullshit,be able to smash the windows with a Louisville Slugger

Still more to come.........

I like this thread!!!

More later...........

People passing gas in public that thinks it's "cute", particularly in confined spaces. Let me load up on some pork n' beans and corner your ass.

When you tell the cashier your order is "to go" but they're so pre-programmed (brainwashed) they still ask, "is that for here or to go"?

A real popular one: cellphones. I realize they're a necessary evil these days but there's a time and a place for everything. If another jerk picks up their cellphone to take a call when I'm trying to check out, it's getting shoved up their ass.

Some board pet peeves:

People that quote an entire post, especially when it's an article and they don't have anything really pertinent to say other than something like, "thanks for posting that". Damn, the entire article was just one post before your response, was there any real reason to quote the entire fucking thing? I really do appreciate the props but there's no need to quote the whole thing.

People that reply in a thread that clearly haven't read anything in the thread up to that point. It's somewhat understandable if the thread is several pages long but even then they could at least show some consideration by scanning the thread before responding.

People that post links to YouTube in "What Are You Listening To?" threads. What the fuck?

People that cite sales figures as to why I should like a certain artist. I don't care if so and so has sold 18 million records. So has Celine Dion, that doesn't mean I have to like her.

I've listened to my one of my salesman complaining about it this morning.......I told him to buy her a card anf flowers and get over it. I suggested he make her a nice dinner but he thinks that would be too much trouble. :huh:

Oh....he wouldn't be sticking around me for long. <_< Even if it's Chinese takeout, I want dinner for Valentine's. One of the best Valentine's that I had was the year we had Chili's take out, wine and chocolate covered strawberries... :D:D

Certain words/phrases are pet peeves of mine...

Irregardless

That one gets me bad! It's not irregardless, it's regarless, dumbass!

People passing gas in public that thinks it's "cute", particularly in confined spaces. Let me load up on some pork n' beans and corner your ass.

There are a few people in my life that I'd like to drop kick for that one.

Oh....he wouldn't be sticking around me for long. <_< Even if it's Chinese takeout, I want dinner for Valentine's. One of the best Valentine's that I had was the year we had Chili's take out, wine and chocolate covered strawberries... :D:D

Of course! Hell, I buy Valentine's Day gifts, cards and I make dinner so I want a little romance and appreciation in return. Okay...I make dinner because I enjoy it not out of obligation, but the point is still the same. :D

Archived