Pet Peeves

Hotplant

The planets must be aligned or something because I find myself agreeing with Livin. The selfie culture is getting out of hand, imo. Why do so many people feel the need to record even the most mundane moments of their lives for posterity? The most alarming trend is that Millennials aren't the only people doing this now. I have middle aged relatives who will take cell phone photos of the most boring stuff then post it on their Facebook pages. It's as if they see themselves as the stars of their own reality series. I hadn't considered the hygiene implications involved in holding someone else's cell phone to take their stupid photos for them. Yet another reason to dislike this practice.

I second that! Personally, I hate having my picture taken and only have about ten pictures of myself from age 16 to today, and I think I only like one. I was hoping to age gracefully but as I get older I am beginning to look more and more like Detective Munch from Law & Order SVU??? Genetics is rather unfair.

So, anyway, the point I am trying to make is quit taking pictures of every stupid thing and moment because while you are busy fiddling with the damn smartphone, the moment you are trying to capture has passed you by. Please, no more selfies, no more pictures of food, no more updates every five minutes regarding the minutia of ones life. Just chill and soak in the moment. Enjoy that sunset with your partner, be joyous in the time you spend with friends and families. Go to a concert and actually WATCH it instead of recording it with your device. I can only think that 60 years from now a bunch of millennials, asked by their grandchildren what is was like in 2015, will be fumbling for their data sticks or whatever info is stored on to show them because they will have no freaking clue since they were too busy taking selfies in every stupid situation.

The planets must be aligned or something because I find myself agreeing with Livin.   The selfie culture is getting out of hand, imo. Why do so many people feel the need to record even the most mundane moments of their lives for posterity?  The most alarming trend is that Millennials aren't the only people doing this now. I have middle aged relatives who will take cell phone photos of the most boring stuff then post it on their Facebook pages.  It's as if they see themselves as the stars of their own reality series. I hadn't considered the hygiene implications involved in holding someone else's cell phone to take their stupid photos for them.  Yet another reason to dislike this practice.

It's narcissism plain and simple. 

Screen-Shot-2014-10-09-at-6.01.53-PM.png

Yesterday at work I go in the break room and a guy has his foot up on the table--- the table where people eat.  I was so pissed off but I kept my mouth shut.  When he finished his lunch and then took his dirty tupperware and left them in the break room sink; I just waited for him to leave the room and I tossed his dishes in the trash, which is another pet peeve of mine--- people who leave their dirty dishes and containers in the company break room.  Fucking slobs!

• 5 months later...

When customer service reps try to sell you stuff.  I know it's usually not the individual rep'' fault.  Their employers are pushing them to shill these products or services and penalize them if they don't meet their quotas.  But if I'm calling because my internet service isn't working, I don't want to hear about their new super duper product.  

• 2 months later...

I really wonder why on earth, email services such as Yahoo Mail, take it upon themselves to remind someone to send an email (of all the things!) to wish their mom, a Happy Mother's Day! I have a busy life too, but I always make it a point, to gift my mom something special, on her birthday and on Mother's Day, each year. If I were far off from where she lives, I will call her and send her a gift well in advance, via a nifty little service called a courier, rather than settle for a silly old email, mass produced by Yahoo! 

I think moms everywhere deserve so much more than just an email, with an e-card attached! 

Capture.JPG

Archived