"Lez Zeppelin", not Led Zeppelin to play Bonnaroo

manderlyh

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apentertainment/story/287026.html

Led Zeppelin heads Bonnaroo lineup

- The Associated Press

Edition Date: 02/05/08

NEW YORK — The reunited Led Zeppelin will headline the 2008 Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival, concert organizers announced Wednesday.Led Zeppelin, who reconvened for a single December concert in London, had for months been rumored to be heading to Bonnaroo, which will be held Jun 13-15 on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tenn.

Confirmation of Led Zeppelin's Bonnaroo performance was sure to stoke further speculation on a possible reunion tour. Last week, guitarist Jimmy Page said he was eager to tour with singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones. (Jason Bonham, son of late drummer John Bonham, has joined on drums.)

Plant will also perform at Bonnaroo with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, with whom he made the hit duet album, "Raising Sand." Led Zeppelin recently released "Mothership," a two-disc compilation.

Also scheduled to perform are Metallica, Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, Kanye West, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, Phil Lesh and Friends, Sigur Ros, the Raconteurs, Against Me! and Death Cab for Cutie.

A lineup of comedians performing in the festival's "Comedy Tent" will include Zach Galifianakis, David Cross, Janeane Garofalo, Jim Norton, Mike Birbiglia and Brian Posehn.

Tickets to the seventh annual festival go on sale Feb. 16. More acts will be announced later, with an expected total of over 100 bands.

Please, please, please don't tell me I'm a nOOb!!!

Still Unconfirmed ? ? ?

From the Daily News Journal -- Murfreesboro, Tenn.

http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NEWS01/80205097

No Led Zeppelin, but Plant & Kraus, Pearl Jam top Bonnaroo

The appearance of Krauss, accompanied by her new musical partner, Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, is likely to fuel the already widespread rumor that the recently reunited Led Zeppelin could perform at Bonnaroo this year.

When asked outright, Capps denied that the band would make a surprise appearance. “Believe me, if Zeppelin was going to be there we would be shouting it from the rooftops,” he said, adding that no one would be more surprised than him and his team if the band did perform.

The organizers are showing their sense of humor by adding all-female Zeppelin cover band Lez Zeppelin to the bill.

Or this from the AP Wire:

Metallica Headlines Bonnaroo Lineup

NEW YORK (AP) — Metallica and Pearl Jam will headline the 2008 Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival, concert organizers announced Wednesday.

The seventh annual festival will be held June 13-15 on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tenn. Notably absent from the announced slate was Led Zeppelin, who has for months been rumored to be heading to the festival.

The British band reunited in December for a single show and speculation has abounded that a world tour is possible. Last week, guitarist Jimmy Page said he wanted to tour with singer Robert Plant, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, who replaced his father, John, who died in 1980.

Instead, Plant will be heading to Bonnaroo with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, with whom he made the hit duet album, "Raising Sand." The festival organizers, alluding to the Led Zeppelin reports, trumpeted a performance by the cover band Lez Zeppelin at the festival.

Also scheduled to perform are The Allman Brothers Band, Kanye West, Jack Johnson, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, Phil Lesh and Friends, Sigur Ros, the Raconteurs, Against Me! and Death Cab for Cutie.

A lineup of comedians performing in the festival's "Comedy Tent" will include Zach Galifianakis, David Cross, Janeane Garofalo, Jim Norton, Mike Birbiglia and Brian Posehn.

Tickets to the seventh annual festival go on sale Feb. 16. More acts will be announced later, with an expected total of over 100 bands.

When I posted this- the freakin' headline said "Led Zeppelin Headlines Bonnaroo Lineup."

Now it f@#$ing says "Metallica Headlines Bonnaroo Lineup."

F-word. I was REALLY excited. Jackasses at asscociated press... <_<

The AP must really think they're funny or they're just a bunch of incompetent a-holes.

Save them and do a screen shot!

My boyfriend saw it! I swear it was there!

Seriously--save the screen shot because I saw it! Now it says "metallica..." :rolleyes:

well----you can see the article that I hit control copy and then paste on...what a let down. <_<

When I posted this- the freakin' headline said "Led Zeppelin Headlines Bonnaroo Lineup."

Now it f@#$ing says "Metallica Headlines Bonnaroo Lineup."

F-word. I was REALLY excited. Jackasses at asscociated press... <_<

It's True . . . .

The "Headlines" still say Led Zeppelin Headlines Bonnaroo...but the articles all say Metallica and Pearl Jam are Headlining.....

At least they'll get Robert.... and Lez Zeppelin.... :o

Ah ha!!!! Gotcha!!!

LEZ Zeppelin is performing NOT LED Zeppelin! :lol::lol:

The AP is as trustworthy as the E channel nowadays. Until you see a press conference w/ the 3 remaining members....don't believe a fucking thing about any of the rumors....because until that said conference, that's all the news will ever be.

Stupid-ass AP. Seriously. I copied that article straight from the webpage!

Jackasses. <_<

This is what it says now:

Metallica Heads Bonnaroo Lineup

- The Associated Press

Edition Date: 02/05/08

NEW YORK — Metallica and Pearl Jam will headline the 2008 Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival, concert organizers announced Wednesday.

The seventh annual festival will be held June 13-15 on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tenn. Notably absent from the announced slate was Led Zeppelin, who has for months been rumored to be heading to the festival.

The British band reunited in December for a single show and speculation has abounded that a world tour is possible. Last week, guitarist Jimmy Page said he wanted to tour with singer Robert Plant, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, who replaced his father, John, who died in 1980.

Instead, Plant will be heading to Bonnaroo with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, with whom he made the hit duet album, "Raising Sand." The festival organizers, alluding to the Led Zeppelin reports, trumpeted a performance by the cover band Lez Zeppelin at the festival.

Also scheduled to perform are Kanye West, Jack Johnson, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, Phil Lesh and Friends, Sigur Ros, the Raconteurs, Against Me! and Death Cab for Cutie.

Sorta of the Zeppelin equivalent of "Dewey Defeats Truman" headline by the Chicago Daily Tribune.

A moment of elation then crushed again...now it's time for a good chuckle because it's pretty funny that they would confuse Led Zeppelin with Lez Zeppelin.

For the record, here's the mandatory kill notice from AP:

"Eds: RECASTS thruout to CORRECT lineup does not currently include Led Zepplin."

The story was up and out there for 17 minutes and quickly was killed.

Grrr.. Still--those jackasses still gave me a heart leap of joy. Only to rip my little heart out and stomp the crap outta it!

It's a good thing that I copied it into the thread or you guys would think I was absolutely whacked-out! :blink::(

Hey all, I'm a Bonnaroo goer who was freaking out over this. The source for the info was

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin

They should be held responsible for doing this. Just thought I should let you all know.

Edit: They have just now removed the headline as well. Somewhere, someone made a HUGE mistake.

I think they got it from the Associated Press wire as well.

Grrr.. Still--those jackasses still gave me a heart leap of joy. Only to rip my little heart out and stomp the crap outta it!

It's a good thing that I copied it into the thread or you guys would think I was absolutely whacked-out! :blink::(

Nah, I have access to the raw AP wire (it's still there). I'd keep you out of the looney bin manderz :lol:

Archived