On the Radio

Juliet

Is that why they call it KZEP? :lol: Sounds like a cool station. I would love to hear "No Quarter" on the radio. The radio station I listen to plays them very frequently, but it seems like it's the same 5 songs over and over again.

LOL-I've been wondering that too! They have this show on at 5, and someone has to call in a new song beginning with the last letter of the previous song. You get to hear stuff not played very often otherwise. I heard No Quarter and just about shit! In the mornings tho I've woken up to Baby I'm Gonna Leave You 3 or 4 times.

• 3 weeks later...

Q107 in Toronto are having "Zeppelin By Request" this weekend, where they're going to play them 5 times an hour or something like that all weekend long. With all songs requested by listeners. It will be nice to hear something other than "Rock And Roll" and "Black Dog"!

BTW Mordor Maiden - I LOVE your sig! Very cool!

Hi:

I unexpectedly found a new station on my radio yesterday. It's Rocket 101 in Erie PA

Yesterday they played The Ocean Song...I believe that's the title..At the end there's an instrument that sounds like a harpsichord followed by a pipe organ..it sounds like the ending of a chorale or hymn..

This a.m. I was awake very early so I made a cup of tea and put the same station on...they played The Misty Mountain Hop...I liked that because there's a line about a cup of tea...

Juliet

I don't think the lyrics mean the kind of tea you drink... "tea" was a slang term for pot, back in the day. :hippy:

5/7/08

Time song was heard: approx. 12:38 PM

Cleveland, OH

"Ten Years Gone"

Time song was heard: approx. 1:00 PM

Cleveland, OH

"Whole Lotta Love"

And I remember a while back those same two stations were playing What is and What Never Should Be at the same time. :D

Edited by MisterMcLov1n

Q107 in Toronto are having "Zeppelin By Request" this weekend, where they're going to play them 5 times an hour or something like that all weekend long. With all songs requested by listeners. It will be nice to hear something other than "Rock And Roll" and "Black Dog"!

BTW Mordor Maiden - I LOVE your sig! Very cool!

Hi Roxie:

Thanks....

I find this interesting because The Q's sister station The Hawk @ London does not play much if any Zep anymore...

J

Edited by Juliet

Roxie:

Thanks....Q listeners definitely have good taste in music..

I wonder if that Kim Mitchell would ever cover a Zep tune? I'd like to hear him belt out Good Times Bad Times, Rock n' Roll or Ramble On

Juliet :wave:

Edited by Juliet

I wonder if that Kim Mitchell would ever cover a Zep tune? I'd like to hear him belt out Good Times Bad Times, Rock n' Roll or Ramble On

You never know... I heard him on the radio once mentioning how Zeppelin was his first concert, and how blown away he was by it, and how he was a huge fan.

Yesterday I heard a Zep tune but I didn't hear the title..

It starts in one tempo than during the bridge there is the sound of whistles..after that the tempo changes to a Latino/salsa/cha-cha/mambo/calypso type beat.

Do you know the name of the tune?

It was on CLASSIC ROCK...103.9...THE HAWK...

That sounds like "fool in the rain" .Robert plant did the first live (on stage)version with pearl jam at a concert for the new Orleans flood victims.

Hello:

I heard a noise last night @ 3 a.m....It was a car outside..I turned the radio on to try and relax..Guess what was playing? Zep's BLACK DOG...not long after...I heard the car drive away...I went back to sleep...

Juliet

PS The station was ROCKET 101 from Erie PA..

• 2 weeks later...

HI:

I heard a Zep tune. BLACK DOG, last eve but it was not on the radio..It was played at the beginning of the second period of the Wings/Pens hockey game... They were setting up to start a play after an icing call or something like that when I heard the tune....

Juliet :wave:

• 1 month later...

Whole Lotta Love...

This am while driving through the countryside....wow that's a neat feeling with that song blasting as I drive by fields and trees....the road had a few dips to...which added to the "experience"...

ROCKET 101 from Erie PA....

I heard Rock & Roll and The Rover at lunch today on Q107 in Toronto :D

I heard that too on my lunch hour. :lol:

Q107's been having a "Double Shot" weekend, so it's cool to hear 2 songs of Zeppelin every 2 hours on the radio.

in Atlanta we now have an amazing station known as Rock 100.5

we have other stations that play Led Zepp, but not as much, and they always play the same freakin' songs...

Rock 100.5 has played:

-When The Levee Breaks

-Stairway to Heaven

-Whole Lotta Love

-All My Love

-D'yer Mak'er

-Good Times Bad Times

-Ramble On

-Black Dog

-Rock n Roll

-others i think, but im not sure.

they are the only station i've ever heard play Levee Breaks

Also, I have heard The Max Wienberg 7 (Conan Obrien) play Dancing Days, and Misty Mountain Hop, after which Conan would say "get the led out" before continuing the show.

Driving to work today I heard Kashmir and WLL back-to-back. I live in Eastern Canada (Newfoundland to be exact) and the main radio station here plays a lot of zep since passcodes were issued for the Ahmet tribute concert last year, they even had 2 tickets up for a contest (that I never won despite numerous entries). I never took notice before then, So I cannot comment before that time. The station did have the most ever entries for a single contest in the station's 30 year history...but then again, that's little surprise.

Anyhow, that station plays several Led Zep songs per day (and that's only what I hear) and are the most played non-mainstream artist on that radio station, even more than on our local classic rock station. Kashmir, WLL, CB, STH, TY, RO, Heartbreaker, BD, OTHAFA, TBOE, IS, NQ, DM, and DD are played on a regular basis. Sometimes something unusual comes up like, ALS, HHWCID, or WGG comes on. Even some live performances.

ROCK ON

Edited for Spelling

Edited by timothy5151