On the Radio

Juliet

There's a little local rock station here where my home is (not Austin) and whenever I listen to the radio, it's that channel. Well, I had a Zep CD in the car and 'Misty Mountain Hop' was playing... I ejected it because it started skipping and the song was on the radio.. at nearly the exact same spot. They NEVER play 'Misty Mountain Hop' on the radio.. come to think of it, this was probably the first time I'd ever heard it played on the radio. I was pleasantly shocked. Very cool coincidence.

Last week on Q107 I was generally surprised to hear "Down By The Seaside". Something they rarely play - if at all. It was a nice change from "Rock And Roll" or "Black Dog".

That's the thing that irritates me about Q107. Don't get me wrong, it's a great radio station but when it comes to Zeppelin they play the shit out of 'Black Dog' and 'Rock and Roll.' The only time I hear the more obscure tracks are during Psychedelic Psunday or if someone calls in to make a request. With a band like Zep, Q107 shouldn't have this much trouble finding songs to play.  :lol:

But, they did redeem themselves because a few nights ago around 2 am they played 'In The Light'   B)

Edited by the queen without a king

That's the thing that irritates me about Q107. Don't get me wrong, it's a great radio station but when it comes to Zeppelin they play the shit out of 'Black Dog' and 'Rock and Roll.'

I remember a few months ago when Q107 had their "Zeppelin Weekend". You could request ANY song by them, and people were STILL requesting those 2 songs. I was almost literally banging my head on my desk in frustration.

I remember a few months ago when Q107 had their "Zeppelin Weekend". You could request ANY song by them, and people were STILL requesting those 2 songs. I was almost literally banging my head on my desk in frustration.

:lol: I know!!! What's wrong with some of these Torontonian Zep fans?? I'd rather have 'Whole Lotta Love' over those two songs...that's the other one in heavy rotation on the mighty Q but I love that one and therefore don't mind it.

Hello:

I prefer the London station fm96..They include less familiar Zep tunes as well as familiar ones.

They are not a classic rock station. They have newcomer as well as veteran artists...I think this makes the station more interesting. The fans get a variety of tunes.....and we all know the saying "variety is the spice of life"...

http://www.fm96.com/

My radio ws cranked all day Roxie.....two days off then back to the cabin for a week :)

I should've snuck Q107 on at work today. Damn! I'm listening to it now though. Rock And Roll (live version). Don't forget to post the pics! :)

Hey Birthday Boy:

I heard Misty Mountian Hop this am on my fav station fm96..

I cranked it up while I was sitting in the parking lot of my fav coffee shop..I told the staff "that's me with the loud radio ..I'm listening to Zep..it's Robert's 60th birthday today!!" I also went on about how I heard him in London in 05 when he was on his solo tour..the staff just smiled..I think she likes Robert to!!!

Juliet

Once again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT :wave:

Trampled Underfoot on 96.3 WROV

I would LOVE to hear this on the radio.

Q107 is having some strange thing this weekend called QStock and promoting it as if it were a real concert, when it's actually 1 hour of live songs by a band each hour for 4 days. Led Zeppelin is scheduled to "close the show" Monday night at 10pm. It will be nice to hear a full hour of live Zep on the radio. :)

I would LOVE to hear this on the radio.

Q107 is having some strange thing this weekend called QStock and promoting it as if it were a real concert, when it's actually 1 hour of live songs by a band each hour for 4 days. Led Zeppelin is scheduled to "close the show" Monday night at 10pm. It will be nice to hear a full hour of live Zep on the radio. :)

Yes indeed! I wonder if it's going to be stuff from TSRTS or HTWWW? I'll tune in to make sure. Thanks Roxie!

Yes indeed! I wonder if it's going to be stuff from TSRTS or HTWWW? I'll tune in to make sure. Thanks Roxie!

I was so surprised when they actually played some Knebworth stuff!

Q107 is having another Led Zeppelin Weekend right now celebrating their 40th anniversary. I've heard a few pre-recorded Jimmy snippets, but I was a bit disappointed that it never mentioned about Jimmy being in town for "It Might Get Loud".

wow I am amazed to see so many people from the london area, when I listen to the radio I flip back and forth between the Hawk and FM96. I'm from St. Thomas and sometimes the hawk isnt quite clear but I ahte when FM96 overplays new songs

anywhoo yesterday I heard kashmir on fm96, looks like they played misty mountain hop earlier this morning. Anyone know if the hawk still does "get the led out" at 5pm?

WELCOME i baker:

Yes there are alot of London and area fans here.

I think there are not only many Zep fans in the area but there are many people of British descent...

THE HAWK appears to have changed their format. I don't hear them saying THE HAWK much...I mainly here 103.9...I rarely listen to it anymore....the tunes seem to be more TOP 40 stuff...

Juliet

Edited by Juliet