On the Radio

Juliet

Good Evening All:

Well...I did something kinda wild this eve...I went to a local coffee shop that has a drive-thru..You can pick up your coffee at a window instead of getting out of your car and going in...

Anyhow..ROCK N' ROLL was playing on the radio...so I cranked it up and said to the staff, "I hope you don't mind if I play this Zeppelin tune nice and loud." She said, "Not at all. The younger ones may not know the group but I sure do." I said " ALL RIGHT....LED ZEPPELIN WILL ALWAYS BE THE # 1 ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD." We both grinned...I drove away with my coffee...well actually it was tea....

Juliet

PS The tune was played on CLASSIC ROCK....103.9...THE HAWK....

Edited by Juliet

on one of my local stations they played a double shot of zep.

First Over The Hills And Far Away and then Hot Dog! I had never heard Hot Dog on the radio before. But a great thing about some of my local stations is that they play stuff you might not hear on other stations.

Right now on Q107 they're having a Top 50 Vocalists countdown. They're playing numerous songs by each. They're at #3 right now (John Lennon). Robert is a given at #2, because Freddie Mercury will most likely be #1. I'm just ready to hear lots of Zep on the radio shortly. :)

Edited: He's actually #1! :cheer: I thought for sure he'd be #2.

Edited again: Here's the Q107 playlist for the past hour:

Request 5:49PM Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused

Request 5:45PM Led Zeppelin - Going To California

Request 5:38PM Neil Young - The Loner

Request 5:31PM Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

Request 5:28PM Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light

Request 5:19PM Band - Stage Fright

Request 5:13PM Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo

Request 5:08PM Led Zeppelin - Gallows Pole

Request 5:02PM Led Zeppelin - Black Dog (Live)

Edited by Roxie

I've had a busy week so haven't been listening to alot of radio..

Anyhow..I heard Fool in the Rain earlier this week and this afternoon I heard The Immigrant Song...Man.... does that song ever lift one spirits on a dull winter afternoon...

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

GONE, GONE, GONE

CMT this am

I like the sets..silver back drop...gold curtains....multi-coloured balloons or whatever those things are in one of the scenes...

Everyone is smiling...

Juliet :D

Ends with the vain hot air being deflated with Plant & krauss in a not so exilarated state but a rather quizzical one . :unsure::huh:

In My Time Of Dying is on one of my favorite radio stations 104.7 WTUE. I just got on WTUE's website and before In My Time Of Dying, they played The Rover, Over The Hills And Far Away and Communication Breakdown.

Edited by Kashmir330

Hey:

I have to do cleaning at my job to....CLEANERS ARE #1.....

This is a variation on my title but I didn't know what other thread to post it in so I'll just post it here...

I went out last eve to support a band who was visiting from my hometown...THEY ROCKED..Anyhow they chose two Zep tunes; The Immigrant Song and Communication Breakdown....and did an excelllent job....

Juliet

I hear a Zep song every Sunday when I'm at the grocery store... one of the stores has one a classic station and plays stuff from the 60s and 70s. There's a Zep song they played that had an acoustic sound and I keep trying to find it... kinda sounded country but was not Hot Dog...

Lots of Canucks around here...

ETA: Found that song. Over the Hills and Far Away. :) Would make an interesting mashup with "Give a Little Bit".

Edited by 70sPercy'sPet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi:

I unexpectedly found a new station on my radio yesterday. It's Rocket 101 in Erie PA

Yesterday they played The Ocean Song...I believe that's the title..At the end there's an instrument that sounds like a harpsichord followed by a pipe organ..it sounds like the ending of a chorale or hymn..

This a.m. I was awake very early so I made a cup of tea and put the same station on...they played The Misty Mountain Hop...I liked that because there's a line about a cup of tea...

Juliet

• 2 weeks later...
KZEP here in San Antonio plays LZ almost every hour it seems like

Is that why they call it KZEP? :lol: Sounds like a cool station. I would love to hear "No Quarter" on the radio. The radio station I listen to plays them very frequently, but it seems like it's the same 5 songs over and over again.

If you hear a Zep tune, a tune from any of the solo works or Raising Sand, you may post it...

I'll start...

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE..

This afternoon on FM 96...a station in London, Ontario, CANADA

You may find this web page interesting to watch as the Led Zeppelin songs pop up, as they are played on radio stations across America.

http://www.yes.com/#Led_Zeppelin