On the Radio

Juliet

• 1 month later...

Don't hear Led Zep that ofen on dutch radio. That is..., unless you are listening to a classic rock station. Somethomg like Arow Classic Rock (www.arrow.nl)

But..., on dutch radio Led Zep often appears to be on all those lists radio stations come up with around christmas/new year.

(Top 2000 of all times, Aroow Rock 500, etc......)

Yeah to this day I will never forget the moment when The Firm live at the Hammersmith Odeon live on Westwood One was first broadcast on the radio! Anyone else catch it on the radio the first time it aired? It's a very strong memory for me.

Edited by luvlz2

FM radio needs a complete overhaul across the country!

It's so aggrevating hearing bands like Boston, Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, 80's & beyond Aerosmith, 80's and beyond ZZ Top, Kansas, Def Leppard, and all the other crap bands, mixed in with the same ole' Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, etc., etc. - songs.

It's going to take someone with deep pockets to swoop in, buy a major FM radio station, and then put the right people in place that know what real music is and know what listeners like myself want to hear.

I never listen to FM - I haven't in more than 10 years. Why have someone else dictate what I want to listen to?

Why is it that we will never be able to hear Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix? Instead, we're force fed Come Sail Away 100 times in a week - F'n ridiculous!

IMO, the whole point of tuning into classic rock format radio stations is to hear the rock songs that were popular during the Sixties and Seventies. Boston et al. all had hit songs during this period; hence their regular rotation on the play list. Speaking for myself, I've always liked Come Sail Away. Different strokes for different folks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FM radio needs a complete overhaul across the country!

It's so aggrevating hearing bands like Boston, Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, 80's & beyond Aerosmith, 80's and beyond ZZ Top, Kansas, Def Leppard, and all the other crap bands, mixed in with the same ole' Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, etc., etc. - songs.

It's going to take someone with deep pockets to swoop in, buy a major FM radio station, and then put the right people in place that know what real music is and know what listeners like myself want to hear.

I never listen to FM - I haven't in more than 10 years. Why have someone else dictate what I want to listen to?

Why is it that we will never be able to hear Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix? Instead, we're force fed Come Sail Away 100 times in a week - F'n ridiculous!

Hey Hey, now. I'll have you now that Def Leppard are an amazing band.

• 2 weeks later...

For Amstel, across the country did yousay ,o.k I feel better its not just NY. Just same bands and same songs ,over and over ,ridiculous!! Cheap Trick Queen Billy Joel top the list! Sometimes I just pull the plug and go to the tape, oh yeah !! How about the. Commercials,get me out!!!!!!

For Amstel, across the country did yousay ,o.k I feel better its not just NY. Just same bands and same songs ,over and over ,ridiculous!! Cheap Trick Queen Billy Joel top the list! Sometimes I just pull the plug and go to the tape, oh yeah !! How about the. Commercials,get me out!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...