The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Amazing, Leafs beat the Caps! In a shootout too, our achilles heel of the last 4+ years...

I think it's about time guys like Tlusty, Bozak, Hanson and Stalberg come up here. Send guys like Blake and Finger to the Marlies (despite their One-Way Contracts). If we are going to suck, might as well play the kids. Kadri will not play in the NHL until next year at least. He needs to stay in the O for the full season, hopefully win gold with Team Canada at the U20's, and play into the playoffs with the Knights.

I'm going to the game tomorrow vs. the Isles, looking forward to seeing the young kids like Tavares, Okposo, Bailey etc.

Amazing, Leafs beat the Caps! In a shootout too, our achilles heel of the last 4+ years...

I think it's about time guys like Tlusty, Bozak, Hanson and Stalberg come up here. Send guys like Blake and Finger to the Marlies (despite their One-Way Contracts). If we are going to suck, might as well play the kids. Kadri will not play in the NHL until next year at least. He needs to stay in the O for the full season, hopefully win gold with Team Canada at the U20's, and play into the playoffs with the Knights.

I'm going to the game tomorrow vs. the Isles, looking forward to seeing the young kids like Tavares, Okposo, Bailey etc.

That was funny seeing the rally caps on for the shoot out. Whatever works. I hope they do my Rangers a favor and take out the Islanders tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning:

Sending Get Well wishes to Leafs goalie-Jonas Gustaffson a.k.a. MONSTER...

Juliet :console:

PS Jonas is having tests on his heart..hope it's not broken..I'm so proud of how the Leafs are doing..I won't post a cheer 'cause that seemed to have brought bad luck..

The Leafs are finally starting to play like I thought they could! Our goal tending is still a major issue, I hope that Joey Mac continues to play well. Phil looks like the real deal!!

As always GO LEAFS GO!!!

Hi SF:

I turned the tv off when it was 4-0..

Juliet :(

Slag:

I read that the Leafs are 5 points closer to a play-off spot. I hope that is true..

Juliet :cheer:

Hello:

I was wrong...they were 5 points behind the HABS

They play Buffalo tonight....should I cheer...here goes and I hope I don't jinx them GO LEAFS GO

Juliet :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Everyone watch out! The blue and white juggernaut seems to be gathering speed. :rolleyes: It is a nice turnaround from the start of the season. Looks like it will be a interesting season after all :) . As always GO LEAFS GO!!!

Yep, and still plenty of time for a run at the playoffs.

On a different note, my Canucks are starting to look like the team they can be. With that long road trip they will face , they need to win as many as possible before that. The West is too close for anyone to throw away points and expect to make the playoffs

Everyone watch out! The blue and white juggernaut seems to be gathering speed. :rolleyes: It is a nice turnaround from the start of the season. Looks like it will be a interesting season after all :) . As always GO LEAFS GO!!!

Slagfarmer:

You are such a dedicated leafs fan...Bravo..the past two games have been dismal. Let's not focus on those games but charge ahead full steam....

Juliet :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver 5 Calgary 1 :unsure:

Not sure what to make of this as I don't think we're that good nor the Flames that bad.

The Kipper had an off night but, we are playing pretty good hockey at the moment B)

As frustrated as I am with my Habs (I know it could be worse... those damn Oilers!), I've been following the World Juniors and we are in for a treat on Tuesday. Team Canada plays the U.S. for Gold and I have a feeling it's going to be a very close one. Team USA's on fire, while Canada sort of stumbled in, but with home ice advantage (as always), it'll still be a challenge.

I had a feeling that Canada could take this with a couple goals, but with our hardest working player and best penalty killer out. This could go to a overtime/shootout with either team for the Gold.

That's how I see it from the way things look on paper, and judging from their New Years Eve match up. Other than that.....

GO CANADA GO!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hey, guys, what's up? Haven't posted in a while, but just like a bad penny, etc. I just wanted to say that all you guys talking about hockey all the time finally made me have to go and see the real deal for myself, so on Tuesday, I went to see the Red Wings play the Ducks in Anaheim! The game didn't go so well for the Wings (4-1, Ducks...ugh), but I had a blast anyway, and I am sooo hooked! Just wanted to thank you all for getting me started. :)

Let's hope they do better tonight - they've got Zetterberg (who I really wanted to see, but no such luck) and Cleary back, for one thing. Go Red Wings!

Archived