The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

So the Rick Nash sweepstakes have apparently started with Nash himself stating that he would wave his no trade clause for any one of four unmentioned teams. Sportsnet is suggesting that the four teams are the Rangers, Bruins, LA and Vancouver. Big price tag for anyone who goes after him as his contract is in the 7mil / yr range but Columbus is said to also want at least 3 players in return with a starting goaltender being the key. Speculation in Vancouver is that the Bluejackets want Schneider , Hodgson and Tanev. Personally, I'd love to see Nash in a Canucks uniform but I'd be more willing to trade Luongo before trading Schneider. Again, this is all speculation but one thing for sure, if a deal for Nash happens , no matter who he goes to, it'll most likely start a domino effect that will make trade deadline day very interesting

I hope Glenn Sather keeps the Rangers together and stays away from the Nash trade.

PS: the king could have stopped a BB while blind folded last night in Boston!!

LETS GO RANGERS

I will go out on a limb and will predict the Dallas Stars will take down the Red Wings tonight and end their streak. Like the Ducks to win also tonight. Two weeks til the big trade deadline. The Ducks have some guys I wish we had in Buffalo. Roy could be dealt. I have a list of those I want dealt. And have pounded the Buffalo News blogs with my thoughts. Maybe it will sink in?

The Stars need some rebuilding, this new owner needs to spend some big money to get some more tallent down here.

The Stars need some rebuilding, this new owner needs to spend some big money to get some more tallent down here.

Letinen played out of his mind in Buffalo at the game I was at. They have been able to score all year. I assumed Detroit was due for a let down after breaking the record. But Dallas did not play as well as they did in Buffalo or the next game after that for that matter. Letinen played like Hasek in Buffalo. I like the way the Ducks are playing. They reached 500 tonight after a miserable start. We need to do the same and win in Philly tomorrow. Time to get it going. I am hoping the Ducks and Sabres can both pull it off. It will be tough but not impossible.

I hope Glenn Sather keeps the Rangers together and stays away from the Nash trade.

PS: the king could have stopped a BB while blind folded last night in Boston!!

LETS GO RANGERS

I hear ya and understand where you're coming from but, I think the guy is worth it and he want's to be part of a cup run. No question about him being a team guy. He'd fit in anywhere and make that team much better . To me, this is a no brainer

The new Bleacher report just came out and according to their sources LA and the Rangers have the most interest in Nash. I know the Sabres are interested but would have to do alot of cap freeing. Vancouver was not mentioned. But as much as I wanted the guy and also wanted Ray Whitney, it does not mean gauranteed success. Right now I am leaning towards a rematch of the 94 finals with a different outcome. I like Vancouver to take down the Rangers at the moment. St Louis would be my second choice in the West. I do not care about Detroit's home winning streak. They will not beat the Canucks in a series. St Louis has the defense to give anyone fits. The Rangers are playing the best in the East but their lack of offense could be their downfall in the end. But they are playing great and I must give them credit.

Whether we get Nash or not, Vancouver is in the mix.

Given the amount of parity in the league, that really is one hell of an achievement

Ill take the Sharks to end that streak tomorrow. I will be at the Buffalo vs Pittsburgh game and have the best seats in the house. So close to the Buffalo bench they will hear everything I have to say. And I plan to say a few things. They are not good. Miller may have sabotaged that game last night. I sure hope not but have my suspicisions. i put the seats on Stub Hub but I am not willing to get ripped off. Another guy sold his right next to mine but took a good bite to do so. My wife is still chirping about what I paid for them.

Ill take the Sharks to end that streak tomorrow. I will be at the Buffalo vs Pittsburgh game and have the best seats in the house. So close to the Buffalo bench they will hear everything I have to say. And I plan to say a few things. They are not good. Miller may have sabotaged that game last night. I sure hope not but have my suspicisions. i put the seats on Stub Hub but I am not willing to get ripped off. Another guy sold his right next to mine but took a good bite to do so. My wife is still chirping about what I paid for them.

Somethings definitely not right with the Sabres. Way too much talent to be in the position they are in.

I wonder if Miller's mind is on a move to Chicago ?

Same goes for the Bruins. They just plain suck right now! I'm sure that makes plenty of people happy - but not me.

Even though they beat us in last years finals, I have no problem with the Bruins . They're just going thru a lean spell at the moment. Must remember, they are still the champs and until they lose a playoff series, they'll still be the champs

Even though they beat us in last years finals, I have no problem with the Bruins . They're just going thru a lean spell at the moment. Must remember, they are still the champs and until they lose a playoff series, they'll still be the champs

Thanks. That actually soothes the wounds inflicted by the B's of late, lol. Also, it's very nice to see a fan of another team who doesn't talk s*it about the Bruins for once! Peace on you, ally! I just now saw you're a Canucks fan. Man, are they good! If we meet again this year, I'm not quite sure the outcome will be the same....

Thanks. That actually soothes the wounds inflicted by the B's of late, lol. Also, it's very nice to see a fan of another team who doesn't talk s*it about the Bruins for once! Peace on you, ally! I just now saw you're a Canucks fan. Man, are they good! If we meet again this year, I'm not quite sure the outcome will be the same....

It's turned into a great vivalry. If you talk to people who watch a lot of hockey, they'll tell ya that they wish they could see more Bruins/Canucks games.

As for who would win a series between the two this year, hard to say. I'd just like both teams to be healthy and ready to go. Having said that, this year I think Boston has a better chance of making the finals than we do. The west is just too hard to predict

It's turned into a great vivalry. If you talk to people who watch a lot of hockey, they'll tell ya that they wish they could see more Bruins/Canucks games.

As for who would win a series between the two this year, hard to say. I'd just like both teams to be healthy and ready to go. Having said that, this year I think Boston has a better chance of making the finals than we do. The west is just too hard to predict

Yeah, well, I definitely know hockey (just as you do) and I totally agree. Who'd have ever thought Boston and Vancouver would turn out to be such a crazy rivalry? It almost - and I do mean almost but not quite - overshadowed our rivalry with Montreal this year. The West is hard to predict for sure, with Detroit really firing on all cylinders, but I do see Vancouver as a heavy favorite to make the Finals again. So much talent there!! Whatever happens, it's sure to be a hell of a ride for all of us!

Yeah, well, I definitely know hockey (just as you do) and I totally agree. Who'd have ever thought Boston and Vancouver would turn out to be such a crazy rivalry? It almost - and I do mean almost but not quite - overshadowed our rivalry with Montreal this year. The West is hard to predict for sure, with Detroit really firing on all cylinders, but I do see Vancouver as a heavy favorite to make the Finals again. So much talent there!! Whatever happens, it's sure to be a hell of a ride for all of us!

I agree , it should be a hell of a ride and with any luck, we'll have a rematch of last years finals...different outcome I hope :lol::beer:

No chance.. I've heard we're trading you guy's Luongo for Thomas... :lol:

Boy, wouldn't that be something, lol. What's your opinion of Luongo? I'm just curious - being so far away from Vancouver and its media coverage, etc., I wonder what the general opinion of his abilities are out there. He's obviously extremely talented, but he seems hot and cold to me as well as somewhat easily rattled. I often think that if Schneider had played more games in last year's final, things may have turned out differently. Not that I'm complaining!!

Boy, wouldn't that be something, lol. What's your opinion of Luongo? I'm just curious - being so far away from Vancouver and its media coverage, etc., I wonder what the general opinion of his abilities are out there. He's obviously extremely talented, but he seems hot and cold to me as well as somewhat easily rattled. I often think that if Schneider had played more games in last year's final, things may have turned out differently. Not that I'm complaining!!

I think he's an excellent goaltender but he has come under some intense media scrutiny and I believe it's affected his game. When I say scrutiny, I'm talking unfair scrutiny because of the size of his contract. If you ask anyone in the Canucks dressing room who the man is...they'll say Luongo but, they have every confidence in Schneider. As for last years finals... I'd have pulled him and started Schneider after game 5. For whatever reason, Luongo was letting the Boston crowd get to him

From NHL.com:

Reports: Lightning deal Kubina to Flyers

The Tampa Bay Lightning reportedly have traded defenseman Pavel Kubina to the Philadelphia Flyers, pending League approval. TSN reports that the Lightning will receive second- and fourth-round draft picks.

Was in Buffalo sot see the Sabres roll the Penguins 6-2. Big big win. Hopefully the start of a big run at the Leafs. Trade deadline a week away. Roy played great. Stafford scored but I do not think that is enough to keep him in Buffalo. If someone wants him, and Edmonton reportedly does, I think he is gone.

Well the latest Bleacher report has the Los Angelos Kings as the front runners in the Rick Nash sweepstakes. But what will it cost them? And what if the Rangers, the biggest rumour is he will land here, give up? The Flyers are so disgusted with their goaltending they would trade them both if they thought they could get anything at all. I think the Blackhawks are up to being sneaky and actually shopping Crawford. I do not know what they are up to but I suspect plenty. I am thinking Drew Stafford could wind up in Edmonton if Darcy and their GM can ever get past that job they did on us with Thomas Vanek. They forced us to sell the fort to keep Vanek and they knew damn well we would never let Vanek get away.

Well the latest Bleacher report has the Los Angelos Kings as the front runners in the Rick Nash sweepstakes. But what will it cost them? And what if the Rangers, the biggest rumour is he will land here, give up? The Flyers are so disgusted with their goaltending they would trade them both if they thought they could get anything at all. I think the Blackhawks are up to being sneaky and actually shopping Crawford. I do not know what they are up to but I suspect plenty. I am thinking Drew Stafford could wind up in Edmonton if Darcy and their GM can ever get past that job they did on us with Thomas Vanek. They forced us to sell the fort to keep Vanek and they knew damn well we would never let Vanek get away.

I think the Hawks are pretty happy with Crawford but I suspect they would like to add another good goaltender who can split time with the kid. Right now the have Ray Emery as their back up. Say's it all really.

Archived