The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Gill from Habs to Predators. Are the Canadiens throwing the towel in for future prospects?

http://sports.nation...s-wont-be-easy/

Nashville could be the giant killers in the West though I do not believe they can go to the finals. They are playing well though. Montreal knows they have nothing and must rebuild. I feel bad for Randy Cunneyworth. A former Sabre who played on our 99 finals team when called up from Rochester due to an injury. He has to coach that ragged bunch. I cant stand them. So your boys have pretty much gone south? I mean, Ovetchkin has disappeared and the Capitals made a mistake hiring Hunter. Maybe they had to fiire Boudreu because he had lost them. But he is doing quite well with the resurgent Ducks. and the Captials I believe are doomed for this year. I willl be very surprised if we dont pass them soon. I still cant believe Ottawa. I just do not know how they are winning like they are. The West is much more predictable. You know who the players are. Vancouver, St Louis, Detroit, LA, and maybe Nashville. The Rangers as welll as they have played still do not strike fear in me. We took them to a 0-0 tie to a shootout and that is about what I expected. They are sound defensively and have Lundquist. But they do not score much. That could do them in. Still, I would have to give them the slight nod in the East at the moment. But that can change.

Nashville could be the giant killers in the West though I do not believe they can go to the finals. They are playing well though. Montreal knows they have nothing and must rebuild. I feel bad for Randy Cunneyworth. A former Sabre who played on our 99 finals team when called up from Rochester due to an injury. He has to coach that ragged bunch. I cant stand them. So your boys have pretty much gone south? I mean, Ovetchkin has disappeared and the Capitals made a mistake hiring Hunter. Maybe they had to fiire Boudreu because he had lost them. But he is doing quite well with the resurgent Ducks. and the Captials I believe are doomed for this year. I willl be very surprised if we dont pass them soon. I still cant believe Ottawa. I just do not know how they are winning like they are. The West is much more predictable. You know who the players are. Vancouver, St Louis, Detroit, LA, and maybe Nashville. The Rangers as welll as they have played still do not strike fear in me. We took them to a 0-0 tie to a shootout and that is about what I expected. They are sound defensively and have Lundquist. But they do not score much. That could do them in. Still, I would have to give them the slight nod in the East at the moment. But that can change.

If they add some scoring punch at the dealine, Nashville would have to be considered very strong contenders to win the west. Before anyone slates me for saying that, it's a well known fact that they will have to unload some of their core players next season so making a go for it cup run with this group is something they must be seriously considering.

If they add some scoring punch at the dealine, Nashville would have to be considered very strong contenders to win the west. Before anyone slates me for saying that, it's a well known fact that they will have to unload some of their core players next season so making a go for it cup run with this group is something they must be seriously considering.

Your boys are there tonight. Beat them last trip there. Will be a tough game. I am just waiting to see where Nash winds up and what my team does.

Your boys are there tonight. Beat them last trip there. Will be a tough game. I am just waiting to see where Nash winds up and what my team does.

I'm beginning to think that Nash won't be dealt until the off season. Not sure about Ryan Miller though. Chicago Detroit and San Jose have to be seriously thinking about making a move for him

Eric Staal racked his 12th career shorty last night breaking Dave Tippets franchise (Whaler/Canes)record. That's some fruition from his sweater number.

356-9horn.Em.156.jpg

i was able to see the brother play for the Penguins Sunday. So which Staal is better? I cant stand either of them Ill admit. Isles in town tonight after a 6-0 pasting by Ottawa. If we can beat the Pens 6-2 we should be able to take care of this Islanders team that has to be shellshocked. Need to jump on them early. One team that has really taken off lately is Calgary. I expect them to blast Edmonton tonight. We need to beat these Islanders because tougher game are on the horizon. Trade deadline in 6 daYS. Any chance Ovetchkin could be dealt there Black Dawg?

OV will not be dealt. He is the franchise. You could see the other Alex go. McPhee will be active over the last few days. The problem really lies with the blue liners. Their turn overs are leading to too many odd man rushes. Going to a Caps game is like seeing the Thin Lizzy in concert you know you're going to see the Boys Back in Town but there will also gonna be a Jail Break.

OV will not be dealt. He is the franchise. You could see the other Alex go. McPhee will be active over the last few days. The problem really lies with the blue liners. Their turn overs are leading to too many odd man rushes. Going to a Caps game is like seeing the Thin Lizzy in concert you know you're going to see the Boys Back in Town but there will also gonna be a Jail Break.

You need defense and we need more offense. We have a kid named McNabb I am real high on. And we have Gragnani and Weber and Sekera. Any would help the Caps. I do not know if Ovetchkin is as untouchable as he once was? If someone offered them a real good deal they may be willing to revamp the lineup? I mean, it has not worked. They had Cup aspirations for the past three seasons. And they abandoned what was working for them. A free wheeling offensive style play. They do not have a top notch goalie so they would be better served just letting them fly. Semin is probably gone. Id be shocked if he wasnt. I would like to see the Sabres take a shot on Semin. But I just dont know. What that guy is doing in his office other than eating peanuts and drinking coffee. He better come through this time or he will be packing his bags for the Misty Mountains. You see, I never forget this is a Led Zeppelin site first!!! :nhl_checking:

Prediction: The Vancouver Canucks will beat the Red Wings tonight and end their record streak of home wins. I am on the record. Go Canucks.

Helm goes coast to coast for opening goal. Red wings up 1 naught.

Canucks are dominating shot count 14 - 4 put trail where it matters.

Love it.!!!!! Love it!!!!! Love it!!!!!Luongo stands tall. What a game. What a team. :drunk:

I bet a parlay. Vancouver with San Jose (winner)

Vancouver with Phoenix. Still playing and I am still a nervous wreck. I love the action!!! :slapshot:

Now tomorrrow Ally cheer for my boys

ps Carter has been traded to the Kings. Re united with Richards. Colombus got alot including a number one

Now tomorrrow Ally cheer for my boys

ps Carter has been traded to the Kings. Re united with Richards. Colombus got alot including a number one

It was a hell of game and the kind of hockey I could watch every night ! Good luck tomorrow

Don't think the Kings are finished dealing just yet. Bernier is still up for grabs and Tampa Bay is said to be very interested. Marty St Louis anybody !

It was a hell of game and the kind of hockey I could watch every night ! Good luck tomorrow

Don't think the Kings are finished dealing just yet. Bernier is still up for grabs and Tampa Bay is said to be very interested. Marty St Louis anybody !

Msn. Whew. Thought I got whacked again. To the dismay of some, I am back. So where does Nash wind up Ally? The rumour was LA? I was kind of hoping Carter might be considered by Darcy. Forget it. I do not see how the Kings can afford Nash now? I want to see him in Blue and Gold. If not, then let it be Vancouver. But I doubt they have the cap room either? So where does Nash go? Or maybe Colombus keeps him? You were right about Ott. He sucks. Saw him in Buffalo. Piece of shit. Gilles is too smart to screw things up now. Last night was proof enough how good the Canucks are. They outshoot the pricks 2-1 and get robbed blind countless times by a hot goalie and still percerviere. I love that team. I love the Sedins. Vancouver deserves a Cup and so does Canada. So unless we sneak in and take the 8 seed from Toronto, which could very well happen, I will cheer on the Canucks. Except when Buffalo is playing. I cant wait to see the moves. Rangers I hate to say must have an eye on Nash. I think he is Rangers bound. Sucks

So where does Nash wind up Ally? The rumour was LA?

He's quoted as saying that LA doesn't interest him and my guess is that he won't go anywhere right now .If you think about it, in dealing Carter, Columbus has cleared a lot of cap space for next season and many years to come. Unloading that 10yr contract was alway's going to be more difficult than seriously trying to trade Nash before the deadline. Having said that, I think they'll trade Nash in the off season when the picture is much clearer and they can get full value for him. Mind you, if someone steps up to the plate this weekend with an offer that can't be refused...all bets are off :lol:

He's quoted as saying that LA doesn't interest him and my guess is that he won't go anywhere right now .If you think about it, in dealing Carter, Columbus has cleared a lot of cap space for next season and many years to come. Unloading that 10yr contract was alway's going to be more difficult than seriously trying to trade Nash before the deadline. Having said that, I think they'll trade Nash in the off season when the picture is much clearer and they can get full value for him. Mind you, if someone steps up to the plate this weekend with an offer that can't be refused...all bets are off :lol:

That's my guess, too. I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a B's jersey, because it's getting harder and harder to believe they're just in a funk. It's been going on too long now. Something - or someone(s) - has got to give. You can't play one period out of three every game and expect to come out on top. Very frustrating to watch!!!

That's my guess, too. I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a B's jersey, because it's getting harder and harder to believe they're just in a funk. It's been going on too long now. Something - or someone(s) - has got to give. You can't play one period out of three every game and expect to come out on top. Very frustrating to watch!!!

The Bruins are high on his list so it is possible . However, I think it more likely that the Bruins tweak their line up .A guy like Dustin Brown from LA would look good in any jersey and he would come much much cheaper. Devon Sedoguchi from Minnesota is another guy who would fit the bill too

Archived