The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I'm taking my daughter to the Stars / Canucks game this afternoon. Dallas needs the points bad, I hope the Canucks come down here and take this game for granted it might be the only chance the Satrs have for getting an early lead.

I'm taking my daughter to the Stars / Canucks game this afternoon. Dallas needs the points bad, I hope the Canucks come down here and take this game for granted it might be the only chance the Satrs have for getting an early lead.

Dallas apparently willing to trade away all players over the age of 27 :o That includes Brendan Morrow ! Not sure if that'll motivate them for today's game or have the opposite effect . Steve Ott is rumoured to be Vancouver bound but the Canucks are on record as saying that they are not interested in signing rental players. I think it more likely that we attempt to get Dustin Brown from LA and sign him to a long term deal. If that doesn't happen I don't think we do much before Monday

Hope you and your daughter enjoy the game :)

The Canucks have to be tired. After that tough game in Detroit I commend them for having the energy to beat the Devils. They could go down in Dallas for sure simply due to beiing tired. The trade deadline looms tomorrow. What will it bring. I wonder if any Sabres will be traded?

The Canucks have to be tired. After that tough game in Detroit I commend them for having the energy to beat the Devils. They could go down in Dallas for sure simply due to beiing tired. The trade deadline looms tomorrow. What will it bring. I wonder if any Sabres will be traded?

I agree. They've travelled a few time zones the last couple of day's and the Stars are no sloutches.

I think the Sabres will make a move or two but I don't think any of their core players will be leaving unless the offers are ridiculous

Id like to see Otter go to the Rangers. Ott and Prust would be a nice combo for the post season.

Personally, I would like to see Ott go anywhere but Vancouver :lol: .I think he'd be a liability here. I'd much rather have Dustin Brown

I agree. They've travelled a few time zones the last couple of day's and the Stars are no sloutches.

I think the Sabres will make a move or two but I don't think any of their core players will be leaving unless the offers are ridiculous

The players are at a bowling fund raiser awaiting news on their fate before the trip to California. The Sabres brass are bunkered down at the First Niagra Center pondering the future and tomorrows activity

Burke says Gustafson has kept them in the race and has pretty much told NHL network its none of theiir business on everythng else. It IS THEIR BUSINESS TO REPORT THIS. Fuck you Burke. And fuck your Leafs.

Now he says he has spent too much time to put this squad together to do anything short term. If they do nothing he is fine with it. Ha. He just said its unlikely to happen. He says if they dont get moving they wont make it.

Sabres trade Guasted to Nashville for a NUMBER ONE and a number four pick. Only the 22nd number one pick gotten in a trade since 1980. I think the Sabres win this one. The feeling is Nashville is going for it now. They will be tough but I still think Vancouver is better

KASSIAN TO CANUCKS FOR HODGSON. WOW. GUASTED GONE TO NASHVILLE FOR A NUMBER ONE

Ally are you on suicide watch?

Think it's a good deal for both teams ! Hodgson has come on leaps and bounds this season and has started to show why he was a 1st round pick. With the Canucks also picking up Sami Paulson ...a guy who I believe will make a big difference to our line up ... I think Gillis realized we needed an excellent checking centre for the playoffs and at this moment in time, he's better in that role than Hodgson is. Kassian will add toughness, which we also needed but, in the long run, I believe Buffalo has gained a guy who will be a very good- excellent second line centre for many years to come

Think it's a good deal for both teams ! Hodgson has come on leaps and bounds this season and has started to show why he was a 1st round pick. With the Canucks also picking up Sami Paulson ...a guy who I believe will make a big difference to our line up ... I think Gillis realized we needed an excellent checking centre for the playoffs and at this moment in time, he's better in that role than Hodgson is. Kassian will add toughness, which we also needed but, in the long run, I believe Buffalo has gained a guy who will be a very good- excellent second line centre for many years to come

And Darcy robbed Nashville blind getting a number one pick for Gausted. He will win you 75 percent face offs and score three goals a year if lucky, but his real value is as a great penalty killler. We will miss you Paul. You were a great /Sabre for many years. Wish you and Kassian the best. I tell you now, Kassian will not disappoint. But he may take a year or two of seasoning. NHL network thinks he is more of a gamble than Hodgeson but they needed the toughness. He is tough. And big. And he can skate. The full package. I am delighted to have Hodgson. He will make Vanek more deadly. Him and Vanek on the power play with Myers will be down right scary.

Well said. Both teams just got much, much better. Now if the Bruins could just get healthy again, we may have a shot at another deep playoff run. I loved Rolston when he was here before, and I hope he's still got something in the tank...you gotta think he's going to be a LOT more motivated to play for the defending Stanley Cup champions than for the 13th-in-the-East New York Islanders. I know I would be!!! As for as Zanon, I have no idea what kind of player he is. I heard he blocked enough shots to be #2 in that category last year, so I like that. Mottau - local boy, grew up a few towns away from me - we'll see what happens with him. It seems as if the Bruins had something else on the table that fell through, hence the last-minute deals for those 3 guys. But we're good enough now that the added depth should be a big boost. Good luck to everybody's teams....except when you're playing us, lol!!

Well said. Both teams just got much, much better. Now if the Bruins could just get healthy again, we may have a shot at another deep playoff run. I loved Rolston when he was here before, and I hope he's still got something in the tank...you gotta think he's going to be a LOT more motivated to play for the defending Stanley Cup champions than for the 13th-in-the-East New York Islanders. I know I would be!!! As for as Zanon, I have no idea what kind of player he is. I heard he blocked enough shots to be #2 in that category last year, so I like that. Mottau - local boy, grew up a few towns away from me - we'll see what happens with him. It seems as if the Bruins had something else on the table that fell through, hence the last-minute deals for those 3 guys. But we're good enough now that the added depth should be a big boost. Good luck to everybody's teams....except when you're playing us, lol!!

Come the playoff's, it's usually the role players ( Zanon ) that step up their game and make a huge difference in a series. If you think back to last years playoff's and finals, the Bruins were excellent at blocking shots and it played a huge part in them winning the cup. I'm pretty sure Bruins management remembered that just like Canucks management remembered we were lacking a little grit in our line up .

As for the funk the Bruins seem to be in at the moment, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They are a skilled, physical team who are better suited to playoff hockey than regular season hockey . I'll be very very suprised if they don't make it to at least the conference finals.

Some on the Buffalo News are saying not all in Vancouver are taking the trade of Hodgson so well? Saying they are ready to lynch Gillis? When they see Kassian go into the corners and slam a couple of Bruins into the boards they will change their tunes.

Talented young centres are hard to come by so it's understandable that some in Vancouver would be disappointed to see Hodgson go but like I said earlier, he's really a second line guy who's been playing on the third line behind H.Sedin and Ryan Kesler. He was never going to get the chance to be a second liner here and would most likely have been looking for a trade in the off season anyway's. What people in Vancouver have to realize is that in a round about way, this was a three player deal and in order to make room under the cap for Kassian and Paulson, a salary had to go. Kassian will prove his worth over time but Paulson should make an immediate impact. His defensive abilities alone should make us less reliant on Kesler having to take extra shifts to kill penalties. There's alway's going to be debate about trades anytime clubs are involved in a big one. Time may prove me wrong but it's a deal I would have made

Talented young centres are hard to come by so it's understandable that some in Vancouver would be disappointed to see Hodgson go but like I said earlier, he's really a second line guy who's been playing on the third line behind H.Sedin and Ryan Kesler. He was never going to get the chance to be a second liner here and would most likely have been looking for a trade in the off season anyway's. What people in Vancouver have to realize is that in a round about way, this was a three player deal and in order to make room under the cap for Kassian and Paulson, a salary had to go. Kassian will prove his worth over time but Paulson should make an immediate impact. His defensive abilities alone should make us less reliant on Kesler having to take extra shifts to kill penalties. There's alway's going to be debate about trades anytime clubs are involved in a big one. Time may prove me wrong but it's a deal I would have made

I believe Kassian will pay dividends far earlier than expected. He is an animal. Tough and can skate and is good with the puck. The comlete package. If anyone goes after one of the Sedin's Kassian will respond

As for Gragnani, he will most likely see action if there is an injury. Just ask Carolina about him. He scored the goal in OT last year that sent them packing

I am reading many good things about the trade yesterday between the Buffalo Sabres and Vancouver Canucks. And the trade of Gausted to the Nashville Predators for a number one. Darcy held his ground and would not let Gausted go unless he got a number one. A number one that can now be used to upgrade in June immediatley. Trade both number ones perhaps for a star? Either way Hodgson will help us right away. We will have to find a physical precense to replace Kassian. Not difficult to do. Goons are a dime a dozen. Nashville is on record that they are going for it all right now. And to give up a number one pick tells it all. I personally do not think they are good enough to beat Vancouver. But they cant be taken lightly. They will be a handfull just like Phoenix who is on fire at the moment. Two teams on the bubble play tomorrow night. The Sabres at Anaheim. Both playing good of late even though the Ducks were beaten in Colorado last night and their lack of defensive depth was exposed. We have to come out of this trip with points. I like our chances in San Jose. Think I actually fear the Ducks more than them. Sat at vancouver. Wel it is what it is. A bitch. But with Miller all things are possible. We will probably fight til the end for the 8 seed which improved last night wiith the loss by Winnipeg. The door is wide open. We have three games in hand on them. Keep winning and we can make it. Toronto and Wash are falling fast.. Florida does not impress me but will probably win that weak division. Will be intersting to see Gausted in a Preds uniform tonight. It must be sad for him to leave the Sabres. A team he has been with for a long time. And Hodgson I am sure will be on the ice for the Sabres tomorrow in Anaheim. I wonder if Vancouver will put Kassian in the lineup tonight? I will be watching to see.

I am reading many good things about the trade yesterday between the Buffalo Sabres and Vancouver Canucks. And the trade of Gausted to the Nashville Predators for a number one. Darcy held his ground and would not let Gausted go unless he got a number one. A number one that can now be used to upgrade in June immediatley. Trade both number ones perhaps for a star? Either way Hodgson will help us right away. We will have to find a physical precense to replace Kassian. Not difficult to do. Goons are a dime a dozen. Nashville is on record that they are going for it all right now. And to give up a number one pick tells it all. I personally do not think they are good enough to beat Vancouver. But they cant be taken lightly.

The salary cap means Nashville will have to go for it this year . They remind me an awful lot of the Bruins and with Rinne in goal along with grade "A" defenceman like Weber and Suter ,( both will probably be gone next season ) on the blueline, I don't even want to run into that team in the playoff's unless it's for the conference final !

The salary cap means Nashville will have to go for it this year . They remind me an awful lot of the Bruins and with Rinne in goal along with grade "A" defenceman like Weber and Suter ,( both will probably be gone next season ) on the blueline, I don't even want to run into that team in the playoff's unless it's for the conference final !

Phoenix and Detroit will also be heard from. Would be something to see Phoenix and Nashville go at it. They are both on fire. Let Vancouver play the Red Wings. I like Vancouver to win that. Phoenix and Nashville would be a war. Tonight you will see what I am talking about as far as Phoenix. They are on top of their game.

Archived