The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

That 3rd goal he let in was soft too

Cock roach mother fucker. I had the Rangers minus a goal. Can those pricks ever fucking stop anyone? They cant hold a lead. They escaped. Can they keep escaping? I also have them straight up with the Ducks and Blues. I hope the Leafs score and win. I wonder what the scalp prices were for this game? Off the charts Ill bet. The highest demand in sports in the highest demand venue for a team that has not had a playoff game in ages. The tickets are worth a fortune.

Ah damn. they lost. That sucks

Canucks GM Mike Gillis is holding a " state of the franchise " press conference at noon today . Speculation is it's to announce the firing of Alain Vigneault but most fans here, 70% according to a SportsNet poll, are calling for both to be let go. We shall see :unsure:

Canucks GM Mike Gillis is holding a " state of the franchise " press conference at noon today . Speculation is it's to announce the firing of Alain Vigneault but most fans here, 70% according to a SportsNet poll, are calling for both to be let go. We shall see :unsure:

But Gillis would not be holding the conference if he was fired. It would be the team president. So you have to assume its not about Gillis?

But Gillis would not be holding the conference if he was fired. It would be the team president. So you have to assume its not about Gillis?

Unless he announces his resignation.

Someone needs to put a stop to the embellishment type plays Mr Ovetchkin is so good at. The other night he whips his head back and plays his little game and the refs bought it. The stick hit him in the chest and not the face as he pretended. He was caught on film. So why don't the refs start blowing him off. Even if they get it wrong a couple of times, it will teach him a lesson. They do it to Kaleta of our team. Blow him off for everything. More dirty money afloat.

Someone needs to put a stop to the embellishment type plays Mr Ovetchkin is so good at. The other night he whips his head back and plays his little game and the refs bought it. The stick hit him in the chest and not the face as he pretended. He was caught on film. So why don't the refs start blowing him off. Even if they get it wrong a couple of times, it will teach him a lesson. They do it to Kaleta of our team. Blow him off for everything. More dirty money afloat.

Rick, what is your prediction on the Islanders/Penguins series....Vokoun in Penguin net tonight...they may be desperate.....great hockey all around.....Ottawa/Montreal will be interesting tonight too...there is a major hate on in that series now...did not see that coming..

Rick, what is your prediction on the Islanders/Penguins series....Vokoun in Penguin net tonight...they may be desperate.....great hockey all around.....Ottawa/Montreal will be interesting tonight too...there is a major hate on in that series now...did not see that coming..

I first think Montreal is finished. Lost Gionta. Benched Price. Done tonight. I like the Islanders chances. I am not saying they are certainly going to win, but I like them tonight with Fluery being pulled and I believe it will backfire on them. So I like the Islanders to win.

It appears that Gillis has only said Luongo is not coming back. Oh what a surprsise. Well,maybe it is. After all, Ally thought he would return because of the contract. . I never felt he would. I felt he was alienated months ago. Now we can see he is going to be the scapegoat

Same old Islanders so far. Back up goalie, Valcoun, a journeyman from the panthers. And they are getting a goose egg. Fuckers. why would I EVER trust those pricks

Pittsburgh was ripe for the picking. The Islanders do not have a goalie that is good enough. Get a ticket for the Miller and Luongo sweepstakes

Montreal finished as advertised by yours truly. Now Chicago is giving me chest pains. Pricks. I cant watch this.

Montreal mailed that game in! Brutal!.....I find it tough watching that Chicago/Minnie series but may try shortly.....

It appears that Gillis has only said Luongo is not coming back. Oh what a surprsise. Well,maybe it is. After all, Ally thought he would return because of the contract. . I never felt he would. I felt he was alienated months ago. Now we can see he is going to be the scapegoat

Looks like you were right about Luongo but I have to say, I still think it'll be difficult to move him no matter what Gillis says. He also feels we need to change from being a skill club to being more of a grinding club. If that's the case, I can't say I'm looking forward to next season and I'll bet I'm not alone with that

Looks like you were right about Luongo but I have to say, I still think it'll be difficult to move him no matter what Gillis says. He also feels we need to change from being a skill club to being more of a grinding club. If that's the case, I can't say I'm looking forward to next season and I'll bet I'm not alone with that

ally, after watching the Canucks I am wondering if they can win with two Sedin`s and would be better off with just one....I am not trying to pile on them and I know they are point-getters but i am wondering if they would be better trading one for a tough semi-scoring forward (if out there)....what are your thoughts.....

ally, after watching the Canucks I am wondering if they can win with two Sedin`s and would be better off with just one....I am not trying to pile on them and I know they are point-getters but i am wondering if they would be better trading one for a tough semi-scoring forward (if out there)....what are your thoughts.....

Unfortunately, they have a clause in their contracts that states they must be traded together so trading one, isn't even an option :o .Even trading both is something that would have to wait until next years trade deadline. Again, due to their contracts. That said, I definitely agree that we could do with more grit but imho,they must be gritty players who can play and compliment the skill we already have. Gillis is going to have a real challenge on his hands as the Canucks are already over next years cap so any changes that are made, are going to have to come at the expense of unloading players we already have. Luongo, David Booth, Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, Andrew Ebbet and possibly Alex Edler seem the most likely ones to go and there's not a hope in hell that we'll sign Derrick Roy who is now officially, a free agent. I just hope Gillis get's smart or lucky with who he attempts to pick up because his recent track record in the trade market is ...piss poor. Good luck to the Leafs tonight

I will go out on a limb. The Leafs will win tonight. They will extend this thing. They are a little better than the Islanders. Boston is beatable for sure. The Leafs should be coming on all cylinders. I believe they can win tonight. Ally is pretty accurate in his take on who Vancouver will move. You will have to go with draft picks or such as none of the guys you mention will bring a big return. No way. Only trading Kesler or the twins would bring a handsome return. Or Higgins. I think Higgins is too important. If the Sabres made a deal with Vancouver he would be near the top of my wish list. Higgins or Kesler. I think Kesler is a guy that will want a new start somewhere else. And you will get a top return on him. Game five of the Rangers and Wash could be one of those 3 OT affairs? it would not surprise me. When you just look at them without any bias, you have to say that Lundquist is certainly the better goalie, and he is proven over time. Under pressure you have to give him the edge. But so far he has not played like Lundquist. The Penguins showed they were quick to pull the trigger on Fleury when he slumped, even risking alienating their number one goalie. Sure it worked last night. But was it a good move? Would they have done it against Boston in the second round? I doubt it. Its the Islanders. And now Fluery has a chip on his shoulder. Bad move Penguins.

I agree with you Rick that Kesler may want a new start somewhere else . I think part of the problem for him here is that he's really a first line centreman playing on the second line and he could do with having first line wingers playing along side of him. He'd have that on a lot of teams in this league. Also, he should always be a first choice on the #1 power play unit . He was in the San Jose series but only when it became obvious that he was the only player we had who seemed capable of scoring a goal. I highly doubt that Higgins will be traded but the others I listed are definitely up for grabs. We may have to package them up and just get rid of them but I doubt any of those faces will be with us next season. Edler however is an inigma. He can be dominating and absolutely useless...all in one game ! Big, strong defencemen who can shoot are a commodity these days so it'll be interesting to see if the Canucks stick with him. If he does become available, there will be a number of teams who'll want him. One guy I'd love to see us unload though is Burrows. I can't stand the guy :lol: and his usefullness to us seems to have worn off...big time ! Like I mentioned earlier, I think a coaching change needs to be made too but again, not just for the sake of it. It has to be the right coach who 's message will be heard. Not someone who the players feel they can walk over. Unfortunately for Vigneault, I feel that became the case.

I agree with you Rick that Kesler may want a new start somewhere else . I think part of the problem for him here is that he's really a first line centreman playing on the second line and he could do with having first line wingers playing along side of him. He'd have that on a lot of teams in this league. Also, he should always be a first choice on the #1 power play unit . He was in the San Jose series but only when it became obvious that he was the only player we had who seemed capable of scoring a goal. I highly doubt that Higgins will be traded but the others I listed are definitely up for grabs. We may have to package them up and just get rid of them but I doubt any of those faces will be with us next season. Edler however is an inigma. He can be dominating and absolutely useless...all in one game ! Big, strong defencemen who can shoot are a commodity these days so it'll be interesting to see if the Canucks stick with him. If he does become available, there will be a number of teams who'll want him. One guy I'd love to see us unload though is Burrows. I can't stand the guy :lol: and his usefullness to us seems to have worn off...big time ! Like I mentioned earlier, I think a coaching change needs to be made too but again, not just for the sake of it. It has to be the right coach who 's message will be heard. Not someone who the players feel they can walk over. Unfortunately for Vigneault, I feel that became the case.

But so far Vignault is still there right? So we wait to see what they do in that regard. Maybe all the Canucks need is one tough son of a gun that can go into the corners and leave bodies in his wake? Torres is trying to do it with San Jose but he is going to be in the box alot just like kaleta. I sure hope St Louis wins tonight. I am behind them all the way. The Kings are actually the only other team left I have always liked. But Murray. Do you really think old marble mouth is coaching that team? I think they probably laugh about him behind closed doors. Kind of like a sea captain that has lost his crew.

I will go out on a limb. The Leafs will win tonight. They will extend this thing. They are a little better than the Islanders. Boston is beatable for sure. The Leafs should be coming on all cylinders. I believe they can win tonight. Ally is pretty accurate in his take on who Vancouver will move. You will have to go with draft picks or such as none of the guys you mention will bring a big return. No way. Only trading Kesler or the twins would bring a handsome return. Or Higgins. I think Higgins is too important. If the Sabres made a deal with Vancouver he would be near the top of my wish list. Higgins or Kesler. I think Kesler is a guy that will want a new start somewhere else. And you will get a top return on him. Game five of the Rangers and Wash could be one of those 3 OT affairs? it would not surprise me. When you just look at them without any bias, you have to say that Lundquist is certainly the better goalie, and he is proven over time. Under pressure you have to give him the edge. But so far he has not played like Lundquist. The Penguins showed they were quick to pull the trigger on Fleury when he slumped, even risking alienating their number one goalie. Sure it worked last night. But was it a good move? Would they have done it against Boston in the second round? I doubt it. Its the Islanders. And now Fluery has a chip on his shoulder. Bad move Penguins.

Just remember, I picked the Leafs tonight and they came through. I am now hoping for a Blues win,

Archived