Album Of The Year?

The Bomber

Hmmmm,Bruce Springsteen's Magic maybe?Megadeth's United Abominations?Radiohead's In Rainbows?Smashing Pumpkin's Zeitgeist?QOTSA's Era Vulgaris?NIN's Year Zero?Countless possibilities,what's your favorite?I really love Zeitgeist and Magic.

On a side note,what album are you most looking forward to this year?The next (And i've heard these rumors,they scare me too) last Iron Maiden Album?Chinese Democracy maybe?Metallica's new one?Or dare i hope,Led Zeppelin?

Hmmmm,Bruce Springsteen's Magic maybe?Megadeth's United Abominations?Radiohead's In Rainbows?Smashing Pumpkin's Zeitgeist?QOTSA's Era Vulgaris?NIN's Year Zero?Countless possibilities,what's your favorite?I really love Zeitgeist and Magic.

Are you referring to albums that have been nominated for a Grammy or our own personal choice of favorite album of 2007? If it's the latter, there's already at least two other threads devoted to that subject.

On a side note,what album are you most looking forward to this year?The next (And i've heard these rumors,they scare me too) last Iron Maiden Album?Chinese Democracy maybe?Metallica's new one?Or dare i hope,Led Zeppelin?

Tift Merritt "Another Country" (February 26th)

Whiskeytown "Strangers Almanac" Deluxe Edition (March 4th)

Black Crowes "Warpaint" (March 4th)

Chatham County Line "IV" (March 4th)

Hayes Carll "Untitled" (March 4th)

Jim White "Transnormal Skiperoo" (March 4th)

Kathleen Edwards "Asking For Flowers" (March 4th)

R.E.M. "Accelerate" (April 1st)

U2

Old 97s

Blue Mountain

Replacements box set

Neil Young "Archives, Vol. 1" box set

Ryan Adams box set

DVDs

Neil Young Chrome Dreams documentary directed by Jonathan Demme

I listed albums I was most looking forward to, instead of albums that had been nominated.

Looks like it was a two-part question:

Replacements box set

Neil Young "Archives, Vol. 1" box set

Ryan Adams box set

Shit, are you serious about The Replacements box set? I'm still behind on finishing up their Let It Bepost-Pleased To Meet Me albums.

I literally own no box sets, but there's three this year alone that are of high priority to me.

I just hope the Adams box set is only unreleased stuff. I just rounded out his solo stuff a couple weeks ago and don't really feel like buying a bunch of stuff I already have.

Pricey year it looks like.

Shit, are you serious about The Replacements box set? I'm still behind on finishing up their Let It Bepost-Pleased To Meet Me albums.

I literally own no box sets, but there's three this year alone that are of high priority to me.

I just hope the Adams box set is only unreleased stuff. I just rounded out his solo stuff a couple weeks ago and don't really feel like buying a bunch of stuff I already have.

Pricey year it looks like.

Like the Neil box, both the Ryan and Mats boxes have been rumored for years. Neil recently announced his collection would all be on Blue Ray disc (details of which can be found in the NY thread here), setting off a shitstorm among fans. The Ryan box should all be unreleased stuff but a lot of it has been readily available via boots (48 Hours, Suicide Handbook) for years. He also mentioned in an interview last year that it would include the other album he made last year that got shelved in favor of Easy Tiger. The Mats box should include all of their work for both the TwinTone and Sire labels. I also understand each album will be individually released with bonus tracks (which would also be available on the box), similar to the Plant and Grateful Dead boxes in recent years.

So far....it's an '08 release...my vote goes for

The Mars Volta...The Bedlam in Goliath

51E7LdAJkFL._AA240_.jpg

as Grace Slick said as the 'Airplane' were waking up the crowd at dwan on that fine Woodstock morning...

"Okay people, you have heard the heavy groups. Now it's time for morning maniac music. Believe it. It's a new dawn." :lol:

I listed albums I was most looking forward to, instead of albums that had been nominated.

Nominated for what? I asked if they were Grammy contenders but never received an answer so I did a little research myself. They're definitely not Grammy nominees (at least not all of them). If so, I missed them in this list of Grammy nominated records for 2007:

http://www.grammy.com/Grammy_Awards/50th_show/list.aspx

Nominated for what? I asked if they were Grammy contenders but never received an answer so I did a little research myself. They're definitely not Grammy nominees (at least not all of them). If so, I missed them in this list of Grammy nominated records for 2007:

http://www.grammy.com/Grammy_Awards/50th_show/list.aspx

I'm sorry,i thought you knew,the grammy contestants are Ok but they missed loads,the albums I listed are just examples,pick anything you want from '07 and anything you're looking forward to for '08,it's just a question to see what people think is the best,the grammy's are not picked by the public,this is for the public,i forgot to mention Raising Sand by Robert Plant & Alisson Krauss is one of my favorite,from the grammy nominations i personally like the Foo Fighters for album of the year,but if i had a choice,Magic by Brucey for the win,i'm going to see him live.And after that,i'm going to Eric Clapton,it's gonna be a good year and i'm going to an endless string of concert's to compensate for not getting a ticket to the o2.

2007 would go to Modest Mouse's "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank". I don't know how many people around here are into them, as I am new here, but it's such a great album, imo.

It's too early to tell for 08. Here are the ones I am anticipating stayin atop my playlist.

The Mars Volta-The Bedlam In Goliath

Black Crowes-Warpaint-the single is so good, I can't imagine how much I will love the rest

Archived