We're Badly Served...

SIBLY

by the bands officially released live albums aren't we? Nothing recorded after '73 (I think) has an official release (other than the DVD). A Knebworth album would seem logical and Page has often talked about a chronological live box so where are they?

I'd like a similar release shedule to The Dead's Dick's Picks series of live albums. Just tart them up and bang them out. Which, is NOT The Zeppelin way but it means we, the fans, miss out.

by the bands officially released live albums aren't we? Nothing recorded after '73 (I think) has an official release (other than the DVD). A Knebworth album would seem logical and Page has often talked about a chronological live box so where are they?

I'd like a similar release shedule to The Dead's Dick's Picks series of live albums. Just tart them up and bang them out. Which, is NOT The Zeppelin way but it means we, the fans, miss out.

If you are the real "SIBLY", you should change that avatar back and quick !! :rolleyes:

There have been released live albums from 69, 71 & 72; BBC Sessions and How the West Was Won.

And do you mean SIBLY at R-O? Why should he change his av? Maybe I'm missing something obvious... :blink:

Davey is the finest avatar on the planet !!

There have been released live albums from 69, 71 & 72; BBC Sessions and How the West Was Won.

And do you mean SIBLY at R-O? Why should he change his av? Maybe I'm missing something obvious... :blink:

I'm real but this is my first days posting on an LZ message board so I'm obviously not the SIBLY you thought I might be.

There's only SRTS, HTWWW & Beeb Sessions not of which were recorded after 1973 so no official live versions of anything recorded after HOTH. How can there not be an official live version of Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand or Nobodys Fault But Mine?

I guess the answer is that until recently they couldn't/wouldn't agree on anything.

I'm real but this is my first days posting on an LZ message board so I'm obviously not the SIBLY you thought I might be.

There's only SRTS, HTWWW & Beeb Sessions not of which were recorded after 1973 so no official live versions of anything recorded after HOTH. How can there not be an official live version of Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand or Nobodys Fault But Mine?

I guess the answer is that until recently they couldn't/wouldn't agree on anything.

It would seem kind of redundant to realease the tracks from DVD as a CD, even though I certainly wouldn't complain about it.

As far as I know, the only multitracks from after '73 known to exist are Earl's Court '75 and Knebworth '79.

You really can't complain now a days, the 80s and early 90s were rough being a -led zep fan. The radio stations around here started getting many requests for -travelling riverside blues and hey,hey what can i do, just to hear something somewhat new in regards to stuff played on the radio.

i don't think we're too badly seved by zeppelin live ouput. we have the BBC sessions, how the west was won, the song remains; a total of 7 cds spanning the late 60s and early 70s up to 73. song remains dvd and DVD which gives coverage of earls court 75 and knebworth 79

thats a pretty good ouput

i'm not saying i dont want more though

I wish the band would release more live soundboards. I know they have them. They should just start releasing their own stuff and make money off them. There is a lot of people making money off their boots anyway.

With the way that current official releases are butchered, there is way that Page would release a soundboard, which in all purposes, is not "correctable", and they generally just do not sound that great (usually too dry and sterile sounding).

I don't think we've done at all Badly in the last few years...

BBC Sessions

Led Zep DVD

HTWWW

SRTS DVD

SRTS CD

All the Studio Albums have also been remastered, there's many artists that I like who haven't even remastered their albums for CD, take Bruce Springsteen for example.

I'm sure we'll get more Zep stuff yet, & who knows if O2 goes well & Planty changes his mind we may even get a new album, now that would be nice.

Graham

Starting with the BBC sessions, and continuing through HTWWW, the DVD and now the re-release of TSRTS, I think the band has made a conserted effort in recent years to address their legacy of live performance. I'd be disappointed if it stopped here, but you certainly can't fault the work that Jimmy and Kevin Shirley have done so far, each release has been stellar. Hoping for Bath, Bradford '73, Japan '71 . . .

As for post '73 . . . well, even though I know people like the song selection of those years, I think that the performance quality dipped. I'm not suprised that Jimmy might not want that stuff out.

Archived