How Rich are they

Pb Derigable

I know they have more money then 98% of the world, but really how much. Sir Paul had 500 million one time, but i don't think anybody in zep ever even break 50 million. I Just want to see how they stack up agaist other band in this era. I would like to think the greatest band ever has more money then some of these idiots today. I not trying to invade their personal lives but i dont even had the slightest clue.

I know they have more money then 98% of the world, but really how much. Sir Paul had 500 million one time, but i don't think anybody in zep ever even break 50 million. I Just want to see how they stack up agaist other band in this era. I would like to think the greatest band ever has more money then some of these idiots today. I not trying to invade their personal lives but i dont even had the slightest clue.

My guess would be filthy rich.

Edited for accuracy;

I looked this up:

Site

In Apr 2007 it was estimated Page/Plant were worth 70 million pounds EACH.

How JPJ & the Bonhams stack up I don't know, but I suppose Jimmy receives more royalties than the others and Plant has had the most successful solo career so that's why they are even.

I've always understood Page was worth much more than Plant as he produces almost if not everything?

There's that and the fact he's also been in the business longer. He's owned several more properties, has a huge collection of guitars, rare antiques and Crowley artifacts. He's also tight with a buck LOL!

Thanks. I think they all must split it up evenly. It also states that the amount that is given is all public record (i.e. Stock, land, bussiness) it does not include any private accounts.

No, they don't split it up evenly. Jimmy, as producer of the band, gets a whole different income for that.

Anyway, I've heard some things I can't really post, but suffice it to say all things are not equal. In some cases widely so.

I should add that it's not just about income from Zeppelin. It's about investments over the years. I could win the lottery tomorrow and be a multi-millionaire, invest badly, and be destitute in a decade or less. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's always a possibility in any instance.

No, they don't split it up evenly. Jimmy, as producer of the band, gets a whole different income for that.

Anyway, I've heard some things I can't really post, but suffice it to say all things are not equal. In some cases widely so.

I should add that it's not just about income from Zeppelin. It's about investments over the years. I could win the lottery tomorrow and be a multi-millionaire, invest badly, and be destitute in a decade or less. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's always a possibility in any instance.

I would imagine there are several different incomes for them - Songwriter's royalties, album sales (incl DVDs), etc etc. Jimmy produced the albums, the DVDs and has a writing credit on almost every song, so he would have the most. Working on that logic, the Bonham estate would have the least.

In the book on Peter Grant, his son Warren said they have a tidy income stream but not enough to make them millionaires.

I know Jimmy got extra for producer, but doesn't Plant, Jones, and Bohnham got the same amount, no matter who got the credits? I know most bands don't do it this way, but i always thought zep did. I read about somewhere, and that fact that jonsey mention that if he had to do one thing over, it was to get more song credits along with bonzo, but he wasn't talking about money, just recognition. Even the fact they all have to agree on something before anything can be done. I know they got paid on album sales but if you say you get 1 point for each song credit.

Led Zeppelin III

Page 9 credits

Plant 8 credits

JPJ 3 credits

Bonzo 1 credit

21 credits and just for easy sake thats 5% a credit so does Jimmy get 45%(plus producer) Plant 40% JPJ 15% Bonzo 5% of the money or it gets divided up evenly. I'm talking about zep share of album sales.

Just keep checking The Times Rich List each year...

I think in 2005 The Times estimated the wealth of both Plant and Page at about £45 to £50 million. Every year The Times does its 1000 richest Britons and usually with Plant and Page in the list, although not JPJ or Bonham estate, and usually with all the members of Pink Floyd on there too.

Just keep checking The Times Rich List each year...

I think in 2005 The Times estimated the wealth of both Plant and Page at about £45 to £50 million. Every year The Times does its 1000 richest Britons and usually with Plant and Page in the list, although not JPJ or Bonham estate, and usually with all the members of Pink Floyd on there too.

See this is why i think they did split the money for the albums, because of this exact reason. They have a high royalty rate and they are only 4 members. It's not only that Pink Floyd has more, but there is alot more bands ahead of Page and Plant. I understand that Page was the producer and Plant had a solo carerer. But if they did get most of the money they would have alot more then Pink Floyd at least. Due to inflation i could see a difference between todays stars and yesterdays stars. Maybe they did credits off of albums sales, but maybe it was a lower percentage of the actual payout. They did not like to at the beginning to give other people credit for their music so maybe they dropped the percentage down to keep more money. Page and plant both went through a divorce. Maybe the trusted the wrong people with their money or that they have their money in private accounts wich does not count towardst the list.

See this is why i think they did split the money for the albums, because of this exact reason. They have a high royalty rate and they are only 4 members. It's not only that Pink Floyd has more, but there is alot more bands ahead of Page and Plant. I understand that Page was the producer and Plant had a solo carerer. But if they did get most of the money they would have alot more then Pink Floyd at least. Due to inflation i could see a difference between todays stars and yesterdays stars. Maybe they did credits off of albums sales, but maybe it was a lower percentage of the actual payout. They did not like to at the beginning to give other people credit for their music so maybe they dropped the percentage down to keep more money. Page and plant both went through a divorce. Maybe the trusted the wrong people with their money or that they have their money in private accounts wich does not count towardst the list.

If you netted 5,000,000.00 from the lottery, would you really need to invest it in anything risky? A conservative investment in the bond market would probably return enough interest to live comfortably and there would be NO risk of losing your principle. The problem is a lot of people get needlessly greedy and starting employing risky investment plans. Having proper asset allocation is also a good concept to employ and substantially reduces risk. Let me know if you need any help, I'm pretty good with this shit.

can you imagine the ticket reciepts if zeppelin was playing stadium shows at 80-200 dollars a ticket, like the stones do nowadays...they made their millions on selling out shows that cost as little as 7 bucks a ticket ( in the late 60's) to probably no more than 30 or 40 at knebworth....that's a lot of money.

70 million British pounds = 137.62700 million U.S. dollars

That according to the april 2007 report that can be found on this thread. It also states that it is based on Public accounts ( stocks,) and private acounts are not tallied in this finding.

THATS A LOW BALL FIGURE THERES MORE ELSE WHERE.

Archived