Robert Plant Interview (UNCUT Magazine)

Darth Zoso

I just purchased the new Uncut Magazine. Robert seems to be positive that a Led Zeppelin tour will not happen. It seems that Arenas and big tours are not his thing anymore (he wasn't fond of the 1995 arena tour with Jimmy). It now seems that IF a tour is in the works:

1. They will perform in theatres

2. If they tour the USA, they may only perform 3-4 shows in 3-4 major cities (Los Angeles, New York, Chicago)

B):(

That works for me.....I wouldn't mind seeing them in an intimate setting. And now that we have this lovely OFFICIAL website maybe they will let the members here have advance notice of ticket sales, eh? ;)

That would be nice indeed! However, I hope tickets do not have a face value of $500.00-$1000.00.

B):unsure:

Theaters! For something that could outdraw the Rolling Stones, who play in stadiums? Come on! That would mean only ultra-rich fat cats, the same ones who drive those Cadillacs they advertise with "Rock n' Roll" playing in the background, will be able to go!

Actually i doubt that the prices would be that high... Pricey, of course, but not something ridiculous... at least not by modern concert standards like the Stones' last tour. You have to think... maybe a base concert price for a big band these days is $80... reunion tour +$20 = $100... small setting -$30 = $70... seeing the greatest band ever [priceless! :P ] probably back to about $120. Which really isn't that much if you consider that you're seeing FUCKING LED ZEPPELIN! :D

is percy deluded, the reason for a reunion show is that as may fans a possible can get to see them, the odds of getting a ticket for a theater would be near impossible.

But screw a zeppelin reunion, when is he touring with alsion krauss, that i gotta see

i hope you are joking.

Your optimism is admirable. But Van Halen is charging $100 to sit in the nosebleeds in an arena, and they've got a 16 year old on bass. Led Zeppelin in a small theater in only the largest of cities, I'm betting $1,000 minimum.

Nah, it said that 3 or 4 BIG shows in the big cities. And then small gigs elsewhere. Plus, remember the Back to the Pubs tour that Zeppelin did once they were already famous? They didn't really like it though after it was all said and done... so i doubt any kind of tour of small gigs would happen...in fact i highly doubt that Zep will even do a tour of just 3 or 4 big cities.

Still though, my prices were a little low, I agree. But I really don't think anywhere near $1000... maybe more like $250 at most.

Hey B_B :wave: , What's katuschka mean?

Seeing them in a theatre would be great but getting a ticket would be just (if not more) as dificult as The O2. He does appear to have gone from 'no more shows' to 'considering more shows' which is a step in the right direction.

Exactly, tickets would be next to impossible to get.

I think Plant may give in to a SMALL arena tour (3-4 cities in the U.S.). The Page/Plant arena tour in '95 was a large tour. I just hope us fans can join a fan club for "first served" ticket access. I will be saddened if I am forced to pay $1,000.00 to a ticket agent/scalper.

B):(

Archived