Depression

Evster2012

There's a certain leg to waist ratio that Levi's have so far failed to take into consideration!

I have relatively thin legs, but I also have a beer belly. When you try and fit that, the naughty bits get lost in translation somewhere in between! :hysterical:

tmi.................. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alright,a while back i left this forum and had lost interest in life,recently i made a suicide attempt but my best friend saved my life,she's great,now the problem i'm left with is this,I am Bisexual,i have finally come out of the closet,how do I tell my parents?

Bomber I don't know you because I'm relatively new to this board,but I'm really glad you didn't kill yourself, and you're really blessed to have a friend like that.

As for your sexual orientation, it takes a lot of courage to admit to yourself and even more to admit to the rest of the world that you're bisexual. I myself am heterosexual so I can't quite understand how difficult this situation must be for you, but if it means anything at all you have my support and I'm sure your parents will understand, maybe not right now, but I'm sure they will. I wish you luck :)

Bomber I don't know you because I'm relatively new to this board,but I'm really glad you didn't kill yourself, and you're really blessed to have a friend like that.

As for your sexual orientation, it takes a lot of courage to admit to yourself and even more to admit to the rest of the world that you're bisexual. I myself am heterosexual so I can't quite understand how difficult this situation must be for you, but if it means anything at all you have my support and I'm sure your parents will understand, maybe not right now, but I'm sure they will. I wish you luck :)

Thank you very much,Acid Domine,i was very lucky,she saved my life.

It is quite a tough situation considering i get the occasional homophobic vibe off my parents and they have made it clear they think manic depressives are all insane so i wonder what they'd think if they knew their son was a bipolar bisexual,i don't think they really need to know yet though.

Alright,a while back i left this forum and had lost interest in life,recently i made a suicide attempt but my best friend saved my life,she's great,now the problem i'm left with is this,I am Bisexual,i have finally come out of the closet,how do I tell my parents?

There was actually a show about this on public tv last night. One guy said his mom reacted even worse than he'd imagined, but once she went to the counselor with him she began to understand. Another girl said she didn't prepare her parents well enough -she just announced it and tried to leave and they got in a big fight. But the rest of the people on the show said they were so grateful for how supportive their parents were. One guy's parents went to PFLAG (parents and families of lesbians and gays- been there myself) and got a lot of support. Another guy was native american and his dad decided to approach it the old way and treat him as a special person who was different (because that's how they did it before the christians got here). There were religious parents on the show who were able to accept their child's sexuality and feel even closer to their god. There were other ones who wouldn't let their faces be shown because they were afraid (those people were Hindu, though I don't know if that has anything to do with it).

It was an amazing documentary, and I wish you'd seen it. Though the people on the show were homosexual (not bisexual) , you get the drift. It's different for everybody and I support you in doing it (or even not doing it) your own way. If you have a boyfriend someday you might have to, because sneaking around doesn't really help anyone, you know?

There was actually a show about this on public tv last night. One guy said his mom reacted even worse than he'd imagined, but once she went to the counselor with him she began to understand. Another girl said she didn't prepare her parents well enough -she just announced it and tried to leave and they got in a big fight. But the rest of the people on the show said they were so grateful for how supportive their parents were. One guy's parents went to PFLAG (parents and families of lesbians and gays- been there myself) and got a lot of support. Another guy was native american and his dad decided to approach it the old way and treat him as a special person who was different (because that's how they did it before the christians got here). There were religious parents on the show who were able to accept their child's sexuality and feel even closer to their god. There were other ones who wouldn't let their faces be shown because they were afraid (those people were Hindu, though I don't know if that has anything to do with it).

It was an amazing documentary, and I wish you'd seen it. Though the people on the show were homosexual (not bisexual) , you get the drift. It's different for everybody and I support you in doing it (or even not doing it) your own way. If you have a boyfriend someday you might have to, because sneaking around doesn't really help anyone, you know?

Thanks Suz,it's pretty damn hard,i know some other bi's (Including my friend who saved me) and plan to come out at around the same time,eventually...

Thanks Suz,it's pretty damn hard,i know some other bi's (Including my friend who saved me) and plan to come out at around the same time,eventually...

I have to be real here, and admit that it sounds a little strange to me that you seem to think of her as your savior. Am I wrong? Please tell me if that's not accurate. The reason I say so is that it's really important for you to know (if you don't already) that no one can save you. While I'm so, so grateful she was there, Bomber....you know I spent years after a suicide in my family wondering what I could have done. We all did, it's only natural and it's something you learn to live with. Eventually you realize there was nothing you could have done, but the "WHY" never really goes away because you'll never really know. So while I thank goodness she was there, I hope you aren't thinking of other people as potential life savers. Because if you are, you would have to acknowledge the other side of it- you know, how she would have felt if she hadn't been there. How your family would have felt, and all that. With all the good you've done and all your speaking out and putting your ass on the line all these years, you must know somewhere in there how valuable you are. And when it gets to that black, bottomless pit, no one can save you because that's when you need professional help. And we all do, from time to time! :D

I have to be real here, and admit that it sounds a little strange to me that you seem to think of her as your savior. Am I wrong? Please tell me if that's not accurate. The reason I say so is that it's really important for you to know (if you don't already) that no one can save you. While I'm so, so grateful she was there, Bomber....you know I spent years after a suicide in my family wondering what I could have done. We all did, it's only natural and it's something you learn to live with. Eventually you realize there was nothing you could have done, but the "WHY" never really goes away because you'll never really know. So while I thank goodness she was there, I hope you aren't thinking of other people as potential life savers. Because if you are, you would have to acknowledge the other side of it- you know, how she would have felt if she hadn't been there. How your family would have felt, and all that. With all the good you've done and all your speaking out and putting your ass on the line all these years, you must know somewhere in there how valuable you are. And when it gets to that black, bottomless pit, no one can save you because that's when you need professional help. And we all do, from time to time! :D

Just a poor choice of words,i know what you mean though.

• 7 years later...

I'm so depressed right now. Everything is falling apart...:unsure:

The thing is that I don't even understand why I'm so sad. Weather, perhaps...

Neverthless, guys, I need your help... What remedies do you use to treat your depression symptoms?

Just don't advice me this one.http://www.rx-discountcoupons.com/coupons/strattera-coupon-code-10-off/ It didn't help.

Hello Kate!

I personally take daily 20 mg Paroxetine for depression and 25 mg Atenolol for anxiety and hypertension. I'm a pretty big guy though, so those are probably large doses for some. 

I resisted seeing a counselor and especially taking meds for years, but once I did, it really helped and I was wishing I did it sooner.

We need more Doctors with stride like that. I would go further and suggest plenty of exercise (with Trampled Underfoot cranking) and then a slice or two of canna-buttered toast  along with some cranberries and Bron-Yr-Aur on repeat for 30 min.

We need more Doctors with stride like that. I would go further and suggest plenty of exercise (with Trampled Underfoot cranking) and then a slice or two of canna-buttered toast  along with some cranberries and Bron-Yr-Aur on repeat for 30 min.

I like your thinking!

Well that's the last time I share something so personal with a noob!

4th-graders-leslie.png?height=165

It takes someone with a good heart to be willing to help a complete stranger. You did the right thing. :friends::thumbsup:

It may help someone else reading your post in the future. I agree with you on counseling. It's just as important if not more.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2015 at 9:55 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

Thanks man. It does help to talk to someone 'neutral' and get everything out of your system. :friends:

I agree, when a friend ends their life, it fucks up everything in you and can take years to deal with and can bring on depression - depression can make otherwise strong people who are generally invisible feel weak and worthless. It takes a lot to push through it, and find your way back. The line "valley's deep, and the mountains so high" is one which is rather fitting. I'm not a religious guy at all, but this song has a vibe about it which I always loved

21 minutes ago, Charles J. White said:

I agree, when a friend ends their life, it fucks up everything in you and can take years to deal with and can bring on depression - depression can make otherwise strong people who are generally invisible feel weak and worthless. It takes a lot to push through it, and find your way back. The line "valley's deep, and the mountains so high" is one which is rather fitting. I'm not a religious guy at all, but this song has a vibe about it which I always loved

edit *****

Archived