Robert Plant interview with Esquire Magazine

Well, I will maintain that asking someone to communicate coherently with others is not infringing on their freedom, but as I said, I'll acknowledge maybe others don't have the difficulty with his posts that I have. And I didn't see the America thread, but have now heard from others about it, and wouldn't condone what took place. And finally, I'm sorry to talk about lajoie in his absence because I'd like to have addressed him directly about these things.

Joel--you're trying to get another fight started, but we've already put this one to bed. (See previous posts.) It's over, we're agreeing to differ.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Thanks everyone who posted after mine...I enjoyed each and every message. Seems I'm in a chatty mood this evening so if you'll bear through another windy one....

What I like about discussion groups is that I often learn something new, or look at things in a new light, every time I log on. Even when I don't reply I will go about my day thinking about how I would reply, evaluating what's important to me, and that kind of thing. What I like even better than that is when I can just cut loose, joke around and be silly. Best yet would be if one of the band would post here, eh? (fantasy)

From my experience this LZ forum is one of the BEST on the internet! I really appreciate the diversity of members here and feel everyone has something unique to contribute. You gotta understand that I've spent the past 8 years mostly on sites for classical crossover artists, mostly tenors, and their fanbase is nearly 100% females over 60 years old. So to come here and chat with MEN!!! and TEENS!!! and BRITS (god, where would I be without the British Invasion, LOL) and other countries.....it's just very heady & exciting.

Very nice post. If i knew how to use color i would probably be in your "clique" now. Joel is forbidden!

Something i found just for you (angel):

The color purple is associated with royalty, mystery, wisdom and magic. Purple is made up of equal amounts of red and blue. Red is considered the warmest color while blue is the coolest and together they create a perfect color. Its found that purple is the most prefered color choice of all children. This color is rarely found in nature and is thought by some to be an artificial color.

Light purple and dark purple have different meanings. While light purple gives off romantic feelings, a deep dark purple can create sadness. Purple robes are associated with royalty while the darkest purples are associated with funerals and death. Still a bright purple can reflect fun, playfulness and excitement to a child, while lavendar can give a feeling of calmness and peacefulness. Purple in its many tones can set the stage for many moods.

Sorry off topic. I just want to say come out lajoie. It's safe here again. We got your back!

I printed that out SunshineBaby, TYVM, I learned a lot. "Purple is preferred color of children"....hmmm.....that must be why I chose the username "A44yoKid" when I first joined a forum 8 years ago. It took me a few years to realize it wasn't such a good handle, LOL.

And about the association with funerals/death......there's another thread, I think it's called "brief interrogation" where one question is "what color do you associate with Zeppelin?" My answer to that would be the deepest, darkest, richest purple in the world. YIKES!

Enough blabbering for one day.

~~Becky

Edit to add: There's been quite a number of posts made while I wrote mine so maybe the word "enjoy" in first sentence is not totally accurate. Don't know what is though, it's too late to think straight.

Well, I will maintain that asking someone to communicate coherently with others is not infringing on their freedom, but as I said, I'll acknowledge maybe others don't have the difficulty with his posts that I have. And I didn't see the America thread, but have now heard from others about it, and wouldn't condone what took place. And finally, I'm sorry to talk about lajoie in his absence because I'd like to have addressed him directly about these things.

Joel--you're trying to get another fight started, but we've already put this one to bed. (See previous posts.) It's over, we're agreeing to differ.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

WRONG !

You show me where I'm doing this...which post ? the one where I defined ignorant ? How could that be interpreted as starting a fight ?

you're skewed Aqua.....and wrong...

Now who's the one trying to say when someone else offers sensible explanation...they're trying to start a fight ?

I flatly deny it....and have no hidden agenda...my posts are there for the reading....just as they are.

HUH??? Now i'm perplexed.

btw...since you are an INDIVIDUAL and seemed insulted about me trying to INCLUDE you in our group (did I?), forget it! Go take another shower!!!

Great humor comes out of Heaven !

Gawd..you make me laugh !!!! :lol:

* OH Heaven...I'm fine...matter of fact, I'm laughing thru all this....see ! :lol:

Amazing as individuals who don`t know famous artist, would have no clue who the famous artist do know, and those who are not in the know on any level are making irrational statements regarding things that they have no Knowlegde of. Websters-ig.no.rant:uninformed,missing pieces of information

Here is a reposting of the original---completely twisted by another with negitive implications.(not My intent) All I can say is I truely have compassion .As for not understanding certain things in life ,thats just the way it goes sometimes,either you can learn something new,or pretend it does`nt exist or however YOU choose to deal with what You don`t understand,I must say my friends at MIT & JPL etc., have no problems understanding me as the countless highly intellegent idividuals I`ve known from all over the world during the course of my life .Some people don`t understand how the Egyptian pyramids were built yet they still exist.----- VIVA the LOVE & INDI REVOLUTION !!! Slatue <ahttp://forums.ledzeppelin.com/uploads/emoticons/default_ck.gif' alt=':drunk:'> ! I raise my Glass in Honour to All The Sisters & Brothers who send awhole Lot of LOVE ! THANK YOU, May it be returned abundantly !!! PEACE-lajoie { edit to add I wrote this about a page ago and got up for a few ,then came back to send---looks like some synchronization going on}

Well it is obvious that they are fond of one another and admire each other alot and have great chemistry. If it were anything romantic, they would never tell because they aren't the types that would say that publicly anyways since it would take away the attention that has been given to the CD and upcoming tour. We will never know since we don't know them personally or are around them 24/7 and they are private people. All I know is that I love the CD and glad he is having so much fun in his new musical endeavor. I am also looking forward to see what the future holds for Zeppelin. Wow, 2008 is going to be a great year for the RP and AK tour and all Zep fans alike!!!!

Yes, its something I actually know more about now.I officially became middle aged just the other day, and with my new found maturity :boohoo: can honestly say that Robert must only be interested in Alisons skill as a musician.Alison is beautiful, but she is married with small children.Robert is only interested/in love with her abundant musical talent.

Well it is obvious that they are fond of one another and admire each other alot and have great chemistry. If it were anything romantic, they would never tell because they aren't the types that would say that publicly anyways since it would take away the attention that has been given to the CD and upcoming tour. We will never know since we don't know them personally or are around them 24/7 and they are private people. All I know is that I love the CD and glad he is having so much fun in his new musical endeavor. I am also looking forward to see what the future holds for Zeppelin. Wow, 2008 is going to be a great year for the RP and AK tour and all Zep fans alike!!!!

Yes, its something I actually know more about now.I officially became middle aged just the other day, and with my new found maturity :boohoo:can honestly say that Robert must only be interested in Alisons skill as a musician.Alison is beautiful, but she is married with small children.Robert is only interested/in love in her abundant musical talent.

He said in the Rolling Interview from December that they had a professional relationship. It was on the audio portion of the interview at the RS website.

2008 is shaping up to be a great year, music wise. I am really looking forward to hearing something from the Strange Sensation. Other great bands out there too. So many concerts and festivals to go to.

I'm not a Raising Sand fan but I respect Robert's decisions and hope he is always successful in whatever he chooses to do.

Hope you get to see Plant/Krauss on their tour, Gervox!

Concluding the interview Plant remained adamant that a world tour would not happen saying he wanted to concentrate on his project with Alison Kraus.

No where do I see quotations around this statement which means that its the interviewers and not Plants statement.

So I would not read too much into this interview it seems to have left some conversation out of the equation. For instance it seems to me that the "ZEPPLIN TOUR" subject was broached at least a couple of times and all Robert has said is that he wants to concentrate on his Alison Krauss tour for now.

I completely respect his outlook on things. I mean think about it for a sec if it were you what would you do, you have a commitment to another artist and all you should be doing is promoting the project but yet you have a 300 pound gorilla called Led Zeppelin hanging over your every move. I think he just needs time and space to do his thing and then maybe ..............

Peace, RjK ()_))______}~~~

Yes, its something I actually know more about now.I officially became middle aged just the other day, and with my new found maturity :boohoo:can honestly say that Robert must only be interested in Alisons skill as a musician.Alison is beautiful, but she is married with small children.Robert is only interested/in love with her abundant musical talent.

She is divorced now with 1 child.

Anyways, it is amazing how everytime there is an interview with Robert, the same old complaints keep coming up on this board!! Why can't some people just accept he has other things going on right now and just leave it at that?? Unfortunatley, it feels like it is going to be a long time between now and September. :rolleyes:

If you're trying to draw an inference between Plant's quote and that picture, you're off base. That picture is quite old.

Yes you are right.But I know from experience than this can change with the weather!.

I do believe that Jimmy must be off the sauce at the moment however, because his concentration seems to be back on track.As a simple observer, I dont think he has been this "intense" For many a long year!.He is less vain by far than he used to be, and it isnt just because his local drug store ran out of industrial hair dye!. :D He is actually giving more of himself.As a fan of 25 years I had not heard Jimmy speak untill a few months ago.His confidence has improved out of sight!.

Archived