Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in

robertkincaid96

Gotta love the reference " Lead Zep " :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in Super Bowl 2009 as reunion tour gears up?

February 13, 2008

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Interested in writing for us? Click here. Also join us at for contests and further news. Thanks for visiting!

Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in Super Bowl 2009 as reunion tour gears up?

A guy predicted this. It would not surprise me if Led Zep would accept an offer like this. Superbowl does have one of the largest events throughout the US.

He wrote:

Writing the headline for yesterday’s Bonnaroo lineup announcement, I got to thinking. Hmmm… Robert Plant, no Led Zeppelin… yet.

No, despite all the rumors that went around after the band (singer, Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones, and original drummer John Bonham’s son Jason) played a single reunion show in London, they will not follow in the footsteps of the also recently reunited Police and play a 700-acre field in Manchester, Tennessee.

But maybe, they WILL play a field next year.

In September, lead Zep Robert Plant told Brit music pub Uncut (rehashed domestically by MTV) that the band wouldn’t tour. But last month Page insinuated otherwise to Reuters. Admitting that Plant’s priority right now is touring with album co-star Alison Krauss (with whom he’ll appear at ‘Roo), Page seems to think there’s still a chance at taking the act back on the road.

So let’s say they tour late in the year. They could go out with a biggest possible bang by playing, what else, the Super Bowl half-time show! Germain claims this occurred to him on Sunday (yeah, sure!) and another newsroom peanut gallery member claims “now THAT would make me watch the Super Bowl.”

Link

lol... the "biggest possible bang" is the Super Bowl Halftime Show? hahahaha... a whopping 12 minutes of Zep! and they'd probably be under contract to play Stairway, I'd bet the other two songs would be Black Dog and Rock And Roll, and of course they'd be sped up and shortened to fit into those 12 minutes. yeah, that's a hell of a bang.

First of all, this would NEVER happen. There's not even gonna be a reunion TOUR. Maybe a few more shows but not a tour.

Second of all, if "zeppelin" did play at the Super Bowl it would be almost as lame as Jimmy Page doing Kashmir with that rapper.

All they would really have time for is a 12 minute version of Kashmir. And it would probably be so good it would make everyone forget there was a game.

Yeah!

Without taking this silly idea at all seriously, how cool would it be if Led Zeppelin went onto the field at half time at the Super Bowl and ended doing a 25 minute version of "Whole Lotta Love?" :lol:

(That may actually have happened in a parrallel universe somewhere, sometime... )

There's not even gonna be a reunion TOUR. Maybe a few more shows but not a tour.

Yep! While I do feel a profound happiness that so many people have found Zeppelin, the speculation over cryptic remarks is so tedious! Robert and Alison. New Jimmy stuff. Jonesy's next effort. That's exciting! And realistic! :beer:

Yep! While I do feel a profound happiness that so many people have found Zeppelin, the speculation over cryptic remarks is so tedious! Robert and Alison. New Jimmy stuff. Jonesy's next effort. That's exciting! And realistic! :beer:

When you put the cover to Raising Sand next to Physical Graffiti then lay a clear version of Zep 3 over top of it and line it up just right there are subtle clues that lead me to believe we are on the brink of a world tour including all the Scandanavian countries.

When you put the cover to Raising Sand next to Physical Graffiti then lay a clear version of Zep 3 over top of it and line it up just right there are subtle clues that lead me to believe we are on the brink of a world tour including all the Scandanavian countries.

My God . . . That's Incredible ! !

:whistling:

:cheer::cheer: that would be totally awesome, last night we went to a show at the Paramount Theater with the New York symphony orchestra with an amazing violinist, bass guitarist, drummer, and singer who played all Led Zeppelin music it was totally amazing, but to actually have them tour the USA would be even more amazing, come on guys come to the USA you would have incredible shows and they would be sold out!!! LED ZEPPELIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Hahaha

Dude, if this happened I would be disgusted. The only thing that would redeem it is if Justin Timberlake randomly ran on stage and caused another "wardrobe malfunction." Take that any way you want. :whistling:

or if he played "dick in a box" --that would be worth it's weight in gold!

Gotta love the reference " Lead Zep " :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that has ever played the "super (turd) bowl". What a total sell-out! And the suckiest "sport" ever created..."Me Tarzan, Me run over you with brute force..." what a macho piece of crap "sport"...imho

Maybe some football teams could play football during Led Zeppelins half time.
Yeah...Liverpool v Man Utd.... real proper football... the game where the ball is in contact with the foot..... not that bastardised version of Rugby where players wear so much padding they have to stop play every ten seconds..... oh ..i forgot for a moment ...that is the Superbowl. lol.

Archived