• Black Dog
    • Rock and Roll
    • The Battle of Evermore
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Misty Mountain Hop
    • Four Sticks
    • Going To California
    • When The Levee Breaks

yeh me too ...Levee. astounding thundering slow explossion of blues that sounds as fresh as ever. the whole album is faultless and amazing to drive thru the glens to. when sandy comes in and the green mountains in the distance are looming ever larger, life is good.

B)

[I HAVE " BLACK DOG " FOR MY RINGTONE, BUT TO ME I AM THE LADY THAT IS BUYING THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. I WISH I COULD GET THERE FASTER quote name=BlackDog71' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:41 AM' post='8111]

I give the nod to "Black Dog." Let me know your choice and tell me why. I am very interested. :D

Yep, my vote also goes to When The Levee Breaks- primordial and timeless, majestic, apocalyptic, pure epic Blues Power . . . songs aren't generally described as "invincible" but if I could describe one song with that adjective, this would be the song . . .

At one point I didn't really think in terms of having a favorite song off of IV, I just loved the whole thing but probably would have said Stairway if pressed, but being part of that generation that was bombarded with Stairway by AOR radio near endlessly for years so that I had listened to it thousands of times not including playing the album on my own, I simply burned out on it, no such burnout on Levee . . . there will be many occasions now where I'll find myself thinking "Man, I gotta hear Levee right now"(hmm, now might be one of them), I don't think I ever felt that sensation for Stairway back in the day, let alone now . . .

Agree with the defensive comments on Stairway - regardless of whether non-LZ fans like it, a classic. Not a word can be said against Levee, deserving of its support. Overall though, not a top 3 LZ album for me (LZ III is genius, II is compelling and PG is equally strong)

Hmmm. Thats a tough one. I think either Levee, lovin that bass line, or maybe Rock and Roll because every time I hear it I cant help bouncing around like an idiot.

Oh bugger, I'll just have to play the whole album full blast repeatedly unitl I decide.

It would be hard for me to pick just one. There are actually 4 songs I would put on the same place: Black Dog, The Battle of Evermore, Going to California and When The Levee Breaks. I think it's really not Stairway that makes this album great, but the fact that there are so many great songs on it.

I picked Rock & Roll, because it is one of the greatest rock songs of all times. It is one of those good fun just great rock song, almost like Rock & Roll went to the roots where music was just fun! Nothing to really think about. Don't think about issues, don't think about work, just don't think about anything. Just let your hair hang down and just have fun kind of song! It is IMO one of the greatest rock & roll songs of all time.

Really hard to choose a song from this album they all are excellent. I had to go with Rock & Roll though, it was the first Led Zeppelin song I heard (when Cadillac was using it for their commercials a few years ago..... until I knew the name I always referred to it as "the Cadillac song" :lol:). Whenever I hear Bonzo's famous drum opening I get such an adrenaline rush and start dancing around like an idiot..... or if I'm playing my guitar I start playing like I always remember Jimmy playing it live :)

Archived