• Black Dog
    • Rock and Roll
    • The Battle of Evermore
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Misty Mountain Hop
    • Four Sticks
    • Going To California
    • When The Levee Breaks

I have to go with When the levee breaks, THE DRUMS!!!!!!! Those drums changed the face of rock for ever and are the reason why so many people got into zep and drumming, it's killer, and the whole song is so heavy and soulful at the same time, the harmonica riffs are incredible too.

I have to go with When the levee breaks, THE DRUMS!!!!!!! Those drums changed the face of rock for ever and are the reason why so many people got into zep and drumming, it's killer, and the whole song is so heavy and soulful at the same time, the harmonica riffs are incredible too.

I might have said Levee, but I had to pick Black Dog because it was the first Zep song that I ever heard and remains my favourite song. :)

I chose "The Battle of Evermore". It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and Sandy Denny's vocals compliment Robert Plant's perfectly. It also has a mystical quality about it that I can't describe. I get that with a lot of accoustic Zep songs though.

WTLB..the harmonica solo, the intro, the backwards echo all make up to be I think the most important song from that album. I think over the years the song has taken a life of its own and has been sampled more times than I have had veg dinners !!

Black Dog, because track 1, side 1 of IV assured me that Zep was "back" after their disappointing (to me) foray into traditional (acoustic) music on III.

And the whole rest of the album after Black Dog just never lets up.

I picked Stairway because I know I'm biased not to like it that much anymore.

I'm sure you guys understand. It's so good that I'm not a big fan of it anymore but I recall how great it was before I listened to it over and over.

Maybe it's a cliche, but honestly my favorite song from the fourth album is 'Stairway To Heaven'. I'm one of the few people I know that aren't sick of it. I never got sick of it. It's a big reason I'm a Zeppelin fan to begin with. It ain't my favorite LZ song, but it's up there somewhere. When you listen past the cliches and myths, it remains a very wonderful little song. Well, not little.

Still, I adore the entire album very nearly as much as 'Stairway'. Especially 'Misty Mountain Hop' (of course), 'Rock And Roll', 'Going To California'...really, the whole album is just incredible.

Archived