Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackDog71

Favorite song off of Zeppelin IV?

Favorite Zeppelin IV song?   402 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zeppelin IV song?

• Black Dog
    • Rock and Roll
    • The Battle of Evermore
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Misty Mountain Hop
    • Four Sticks
    • Going To California
    • When The Levee Breaks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

142 posts in this topic

Stairway for obvious reasons. It's the best song ever made.

That's what I think, too.

For me it is When The Levee Breaks. The drums are just awesome :D But then again that whole album kicks A@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I love every single song on this album. But, I went with Battle Of Evermore.

Being born and raised in CA, I live in MT now, I picked Going to California. It really reminds me of what it was like there way back when.

Black Dog. (as my forum nickname obviously suggests) Rock and Roll following just a tiniest bit behind.

Edited by Chien Noir

This is probably the most difficult album for me to chose the best song, but i've decided to chose The Battle of Evermore (don't know why).

If there where more choices the list would be:

1. The Battle Of Evermore
  2. Rock And Roll
  3. Stairway To Heaven
  4. Misty Mountain Hop
  5. Black Dog

i love them all... but i picked stairway coz i recently learned it on guitar and now i play it everynight before i go to sleep... it's kind of meditation to bring me sweetdreams ;)

When the Levee Breaks but Misty Mountain Hop is a close second.

Laugh if you want, but I picked Four Sticks.

Bonham and Plant at their best. WOW..... :o

Rock and Roll is the most fun to play, just 'cos it's fast, exciting and pretty easy to improvise with. However, I voted for Stairway to Heaven, since it's got soul and the most expression.

When the Levee Breaks

Rock & Roll

Misty Mountain Hop

Black Dog

Stairway...

Going to Ca.

Battle of...

4sticks

in that order.

I like Stairway to Heaven. But I also really dig When the Levee Breaks. When I was in my last band called Engine Room. We did a split version of When the Levee Breaks.....than in the middle of it we would go write into In My Time of Dying. It worked like a charm because there both in the same key.....and have the slide-guitar in them!!!!

I give the nod to "Black Dog." Let me know your choice and tell me why. I am very interested. :D

Levee....just such a strong powerful song.

"Battle of Evermore" only 8 frickin' percent with my vote!That was the essence of the band to me...in the earlier days.

Edited to add:

Their brilliance was partly in having so many different facets, each one displaying a different essence, a different strength...no that I thought more about it, "Battle" was just one facet of the near-perfect diamond that was lz...

Edited by stonefreelee

I like Stairway to Heaven. But I also really dig When the Levee Breaks. When I was in my last band called Engine Room. We did a split version of When the Levee Breaks.....than in the middle of it we would go write into In My Time of Dying. It worked like a charm because there both in the same key.....and have the slide-guitar in them!!!!

I'm pretty sure they aren't in the same key...the tuning is different according to all the books I've seen.

Tuning for Levee = E A C F A C or F A C F A C (I've seen both)

Tuning for Time of dying = E A E A C# E

Edited by Swamp Dog

I'm pretty sure they aren't in the same key...the tuning is different according to all the books I've seen.

Tuning for Levee = E A C F A C or F A C F A C (I've seen both)

Tuning for Time of dying = E A E A C# E

You're right. The way I did it was I used a decapo on the 2nd fret. Standard tuning. :)

I think "Stairway" is still one of the best, so that is why I chose it. I can't seem to get tired of the song, it is so lovely!

I voted for Going to California but it is a toss ou between that and When the Levee Breaks

I can't decide..I love all that songs! Maybe levee..or black dog..or battle of everymore..? So hard to choose!

I voted for Black Dog, cause it rocks my socks off. :P

Well i picked when the levee breaks just love the vibe always have.Its a hard choice and honestly 30 years ago i would have picked Stairway or 20 years ago maybe Black Dog a lot of air play makes my taste change dont get me wrong still love those songs but am ready for something new . Robert , Jimmy , John,Jason thats a hint.New would be good.Love you guys either way though