Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

kidmoon

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

I did a search, but didn't find this topic... What's your favorite Zeppelin guitar solo?

I tried to list the ones most memorable to me; there are several others I enjoy, but there's only so much room...

Since I've Been Loving You seems to stand out.

Dazed and Confused not on the list?!

I suspected someone might say this. For my part, I did say that there were other solos I enjoy... But since it'll probably be a popular choice, I'll make the necessary edit. ;)

No edit after all. I would be surprised if the D & C solo is more popular than, say, the No Quarter solo...

Tough one this.

I chose SIBLY for the pure emotion of Jimmy's intro and chord structure given the context of the lyrics.

Others not on the list:

Thank You - is there a better acoustic solo?

Tangerine - enough said

Tea For One - another bluesy solo drenched with emotion, a most underrated song

would be awesome live.

Footnote: I read somewhere (Guitar World I think) that at that point in time Jimmy's favourite solo was Reelin' In The Years by Steely Dan.

I gotta disagree with you here. I can't say I'm a fan of the Thank You solo -- unless you're talking about the Thank You solo from the BBC Sessions, which should have been on the list.

If you meant live solos why didin't you clarify?

You don't always need electric guitars played at high volume to produce good solos.

Almost every solo Page played in Zeppelin fitted the song perfectly, which is important. I think some of his solos which are often overlooked, such as In the Evening, are so moody and perfect.

Dazed and Confused violin bow solo is like sitting at the feet of a shaman, as he leads his disciples on a spiritual journey through the dark places of the mind. It's trance-like and moving.

Communication Breakdown is so fast - as is Good Times Bad Times. I love the overdubs on Babe I'm Gonna Leave you as well...

I could go on. they are all great.

If you meant live solos why didin't you clarify?

You don't always need electric guitars played at high volume to produce good solos.

I would have specified--just like I specified with the "Immigrant Song (HTWWW version"... But "Thank You"--studio or live--isn't on the list anyway... As concerns the other tunes mentioned, unless it says "live version", I am referring to the studio versions. Further, if you vote for a live song that isn't mentioned, then just vote "Other" and post a reply with your choice. :)

I would have specified--just like I specified with the "Immigrant Song (HTWWW version"... But "Thank You"--studio or live--isn't on the list anyway... As concerns the other tunes mentioned, unless it says "live version", I am referring to the studio versions. Further, if you vote for a live song that isn't mentioned, then just vote "Other" and post a reply with your choice. :)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Where did you find sarcasm? Maybe you should lighten up, guy. If I'd have been using sarcasm you'd have known.

...Yet another thread tarnished by someone being an asshole.

From your profile arsehole. Learn the English language.

Can't take a joke either, eh?

Cheers mate.

From your profile arsehole. Learn the English language.

Can't take a joke either, eh?

Cheers mate.

You've got to be kidding me.

So you were commenting on what I put in my profile by replying directly to a post I made? That makes sense (<-this is sarcasm, by the way).

You've got to be kidding me.

So you were commenting on what I put in my profile by replying directly to a post I made? That makes sense (<-this is sarcasm, by the way).

Get a life, idiot. I was being sarcastic but it loses something when you have to explain it.

Oh thats right you must have invented the concept of sarcasm?

I did a search, but didn't find this topic... What's your favorite Zeppelin guitar solo?

I tried to list the ones most memorable to me; there are several others I enjoy, but there's only so much room...

crazed and confused of course. That was Jimmys favorite.

Good come back, kid.

Ok, you're calling me a kid and an idiot and you don't even know me. Granted, I said you were being an asshole; but this was because I thought you were taking a shot at me for God knows what reason. You said you were making a joke--that's fine. I didn't pick up your humor. I still have no idea what joke you were making and how it was related to the post I made--and I frequently use dry and subtle humor. But, hey, if you want to keep the mentality of "You didn't get my joke, you're a moron", then go right ahead.

Hey wait a minute, didn't someone else already post this topic? I think its called Plagiarism.

Archived